Is deck C worth 8 k gold?

I mean no disrespect, hfm, but I'm afraid I need to call out your post for having some extremely inaccurate information. :(

The one thing I will add is that in the tabletop game it's good practice to build a couple characters and leave them in the box to stave off the dilution of the box with BASIC boons if you're only playing with up to 4.

For starters, keeping characters A & B in the box while you play with characters C & D is not "good practice," it's expressly prohibited by the rules. Now, it's a cooperative game and you can play however you want, do whatever is most fun for you and your group, I won't tell you how to play your game, yadda yadda, but "good practice" it just ain't.

Then for the cost of the C-deck, you say:

If all you're doing to acquire it is farming gold it's costing nothing but your time.

I'm afraid that this is simply a mathematically false statement. You're forgetting the opportunity cost, i.e., the best thing you could have bought with that 8k if you hadn't spent it on the C-deck. In this case, that's 16-17 chests. So the cost of the C-deck isn't just "8,000 gold" but also "not having all the treasure chest cards that 8k gold could have bought me." That's a big cost, man!

If all you're doing to acquire it is farming gold it's costing nothing but your time.

I'm afraid that this is simply a mathematically false statement. You're forgetting the opportunity cost, i.e., the best thing you could have bought with that 8k if you hadn't spent it on the C-deck. In this case, that's 16-17 chests. So the cost of the C-deck isn't just "8,000 gold" but also "not having all the treasure chest cards that 8k gold could have bought me." That's a big cost, man!

In that situation you're assuming that the chest cards you receive will be useful in the first place, and that they also won't just be excess copies of cards you've already received.

At this point in time, if somebody has already bought a few chests, they're more likely to gain an immediate benefit from the character add-on C deck than they are from buying even more chests (even more so if they've not bought any of the four included characters separately), given the likelihood of duplicate treasure cards, and the sheer number of cards that the player can't even access until adventures 3-6 are released.

Once you have the C deck, you can easily earn enough to buy enough chests to get most of the treasure cards from the later adventures well before those adventures ever come out.

DEATHBANE CROSSBOW +1 !!

\threadclosed

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

The goal of the C deck - not counting the 4 characters - is to increase replayability with more varied cards in decks, also adding extra copies for much needed cards for bigger parties. It depends on personal taste, if you want it or not.

There are a few very good boons in the deck, and Lini will be especially thankfull for the animal allies. I wonder, if you purchase her without the C deck, does she still have the animal allies in her starting deck ?

• Like 1

Three Crows ? The base set has only 1 Crow, so it seems they enabled to break that number to make Lini usefull without the C deck. Good to know. I consider the Crow a better ally anyway.

C i think is supposed to have 1 Crow + 2 dogs as Basic animal allies.

Edited by Cainhu

The original poster only wanted one (more) of the C-deck characters (which costs 2000 gold), so was wondering if just the C-deck cards themselves were worth the other 8000.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Three Crows ? The base set has only 1 Crow, so it seems they enabled to break that number to make Lini usefull without the C deck. Good to know. I consider the Crow a better ally anyway.

C i think is supposed to have 1 Crow + 2 dogs as Basic animal allies.

I think the dog is worthless for her. I like 3 crows, but upgrade to a Saber-tooth and 2 weasels, then replace a weasel with a toad.

I played Lini in the physical game, and I never felt a problem with not having Weasels in ROTR at all. She can deal with combat well enough without dedicating three allies to combat checks.

But dogs are definitely weak. 3 crows is actually more than what you have in the box, but they are usefull if available.

Toad isn't really good with Lini, since it's need to be buried for it's special effect, which you don't need anyway.

(my experinces with her were with 3, 4 and 6 player parties)

Lini is a great all around support role, while you use your other allied for their abilities, Toad is great to hold for just the d4, then use in a pinch were your NEED a cure that may be in your discard. This way I don't need to carry more cures than needed.

I can say with 100% certainty that Toad has saved my ass quite a few times.

Weasels are another good one, ESPECIALLY if you weapon up and snag her a mace (+1 fire is awesome!)

• Like 1

Lini is a great all around support role, while you use your other allied for their abilities, Toad is great to hold for just the d4, then use in a pinch were your NEED a cure that may be in your discard. This way I don't need to carry more cures than needed.

I can say with 100% certainty that Toad has saved my ass quite a few times.

Weasels are another good one, ESPECIALLY if you weapon up and snag her a mace (+1 fire is awesome!)

Honestly, I think carrying two Cures for her is much more relliable, and then you can use her blessings and discard power more often. But it depends on personal playstyle.