Victory screen card reward bug in Quest?

LeifAardvardsen

Question

I’ve been playing the Pathfinder Adventures games for a few days now on my iPad 3rd generation (iOS 9) and it’s fun. I’ve encountered a number of bugs more annoying than game-breaking, except the following one.

I’m playing Quest Mode using Merisiel, Kyra and Valeros. On finishing a Quest, Merisiel and Kyra both reached level 8, and Valeros reached level 5. On tapping CONTINUE, I’m brought into the Victory screen where my characters get to receive their rewards. At first, Valeros can’t be selected until I select Merisiel’s and Kyra’s reward (in both cases, a card reward). When i get to Valeros, his first reward, an Ally card, just seems to appear OUTSIDE the screen! As since I can’t tap it, the screen is «frozen» (I can’t tap the Continue arrow nor the settings icon). I know it’s up there, since there have been a couple of times where I could see the magic ripples around the card at the extreme edge of the top of the screen…

I’ve tried selecting various card rewards for Merisiel and Kyra, quitting and continue the game from the main screen (which throws me back to the Victory screen loop), restarting the app… nothing works.

I’m considering deleting those characters and start anew (which would be a bummer since I’ve added some nice cards in their decks along the way), but is there a way to go around the problem and get Valeros to get that Ally card correctly and finish that Quest?

And if I have to start my characters anew, is there a way to transfer their cards to new characters?

Thanks!

• Like 1

23 answers to this question

My suggestion is only use same level characters at this moment. My all characters Are now at level 20 and no problems at all. When I have read about problems in most cases it is happened because party has characters at different levels. They Are trying to fix it, but untill that it is best to avoid mixed experience croups in quest mode.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Same bug here:

Quest mode, finished an adventure successfully, Merisiel (Rogue) levels up to 9 and her Spell card appears off screen (just above the viewable area, by the look of the aura). First my Wizard gets his benefits from going level 1 to 4, and I click through those.

Then Merisiel gets her bonus card, and it shoots up to the top of the screen, so I can't tap on it to confirm and move on.

iPad Pro 12", iOS 9.3.1, Quest Mode, Scenario completion screen, characters level 8, 8, 1

Exact same thing happened to me just now.

One of my characters was getting a card..it shot up and off the screen. I can't even access the settings to quit the game. It's basically stuck as is...

Anyone got workarounds or do I just have to sit and hope the game crashes?

• Like 2

Same issue here. End of quest, cards unreachable at the top edge of the screen. Tried restarting multiple times, shut of iPad, performed a reset, all to no avail. Can't forfeit the quest at that point anymore, either, so I have no idea how to salvage this...

I think different level characters is problem throughout the app.  None of the workarounds worked for me.  My Quest option is unusable until a patch is out, or I delete and restore my game application and start with all new characters.

This feels very similar to the story bug where I have different level characters and it gets stuck on the the rewards screen.  I had to delete and reload the app after that bug too.

Great game, but the bugs are so severe that the game becomes unplayable without resorting to drastic recovery solutions.  You get stuck in a rewards screen, and you can't cannot get back to a main screen no matter what you do until you delete the app.

• Like 1

There is a fix in the bug thread for this.

Basically : click on another character, then come back to the buggy one. It worked for me (in quest mode)

Since Valeros was the only character left to get his reward, I couldn’t select another one. Anyways, I’ve found a «kill-the-patient-to-cure-the-disease» workaround: I’ve deleted the app from my iPad and reinstall it. It was a bit drastic, and I’ve lost my progress, but since my characters were only level 5, I didn’t have a lot of catch-up to do (and now all my character are at the same level).

I have the same problem, but I can't select a different character even though there are two eligible ones on the screen. I can only see a glowing light at the top of the screen. Using a Oneplus 2.

Suggested fix does not work either - three out of four characters are a higher level, and once you tap any one, the card pops up out of reach and the entire screens is frozen, no single element reacts.

Does anyone know if re-downloading the app will kill campaign mode progress also, or is this somehow stored remotely?

Edited by Tarod

Having the same problem in Quest mode.   

Looking through this thread, it seems that it occurs most often (only?) when you have varying character levels in the same party.  

In my case, I had 

Lvl 9 Valeros 

Lvl 8 Lini

Lvl 8 Lem

Lvl 1 Ezren.  

Ezren got his reward first, and no problems.  

Lini and Lem didn't level, so no worries there.  

Valeros leveled last, and the moment his card comes up, it jumps above the viewable area, and remains mostly invisible and completely unselectable.  

Game breaking.  Cannot forfeit the quest, cannot start a new quest.  I can close the app, but when I click on "Quest" in the menu, I'm taken right back to the victory screen and the whole thing starts again.  

To clarify the fix with selecting another character first using Tocath's scenario:

Ezren gets his reward first, no problem. Before pressing the arrow to move on from the reward screen select another character. Not sure if you should select Valeros, another character or if that doesn't matter, but you have to do it before moving on to the screen where Valeros gets his reward.

Here's the thread were the workaround was first found and which has some more info: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86659-quest-mode-reward-bug/

Hope that helped.

Sorry, I don't understand how this fixes the problem

This just happened to me where the reward is above the screen. I can not click on another character, I can not click on the blue arrow (isn't highlighted), I can not even click on settings to quit the game. I can not click on anything at all.

I have Valeros and Ezren. Ezren gets his reward first. I can't click on another character since the only other one is valeros

Maybe the work around helps in some situations but definitely not where you can't click on any buttons which has happened a few times to me now

This is pretty game breaking. Surely they can adjust the graphics & release a patch to fix it?

Edited by belial1134

I'm at the same juncture. Level 1 Ezren, 4 Valeros, 4 Kyra. Cannot proceed. Pretty sad. I've been playing the heck out of this game and bought some gold to support it. Now that I'm invested in the game, I'm not really put off from giving it any more time. I understand bugs, but dang. This is ridiculous.

Does Ezren get his reward ok? If so, before you touch the blue-green triangle at the right edge touch your second character, Valeros, he is highlighted by a blue aura that is kind of hard to see. then touch the arrow. Worked for me