Pictures of your Games Episode VIII The Fast - The Picturesque

alright, denizens of Mojave, hold onto your butts, Desert SEALs have come to kick ass and take names
9Hm2pz3edyg.jpg

(come to think of it, since there's no sea in the Mojave wasteland, maybe I should rename them as "DEALs" )

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 3
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Given that SEALs stands for "SEa, Air, Land," wouldn't it just be "Ls"?  :dancing:

Personally I'd go with a play on the unit's former designation, WDT. "Wasteland Demolition Team".

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

you're probably right, but there is this one instance where I will have the possibility to travel in a vertibird, IIRC, so technically the "air" part is still valid :p thus, DEsert, Air, Land sounds about right  :dancing:

KQeQrXBUdXQ.jpg

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's nice, Sorophx. What mods are you using? It's always fun to mod New Vegas & Fallout 3.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I present you... Modern Warfare: Rebastard(it's a pretty damn good remaster though, more of a remake actually):

PdIqG21.jpg

KBC9KPZ.jpg

KHb4INb.jpg

Va9LgFy.jpg

1fabJJf.jpg

27vBgtj.jpg

Conclusion: Vladimir Putin has no brain.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I found this mod somewhere on Mediafire, it has hundreds of player models ripped from other games converted into New Vegas armor pieces. the ones on the screenshots are from Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. the folders say "VGU", not sure if that's a known mod. it's 4+ GB in total, though.

the weapon is a modified AK with several attachments, taken from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42014/?

I wanted to try and play New Vegas like a modern shooter instead of an RPG, I want to see how far I can get with only this rifle, body armor, helmet, a .45 pistol and explosives.

as a sidenote, I never played Modern Warfare and really want to pick up this Remastered edition, but I'm not really interested in Infinite Warfare :( maybe I'll find them bundled for cheap, but I'm not paying 50 USD on Steam for it.

Walsingham said:

as a sidenote, I never played Modern Warfare and really want to pick up this Remastered edition, but I'm not really interested in Infinite Warfare :( maybe I'll find them bundled for cheap, but I'm not paying 50 USD on Steam for it.

I am pretty sure it will get released separately in less than a year or so because if it doesn't it will be destroyed by the huge Battlefield 1 fan-base.

Thanks for the links, that sounds like I will be spending another few hundered hours in the Mojave soon. :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

so, I spawned a Bozar for myself to see how it looks in New Vegas. didn't want to sell it or use it, so I dumped it into a garbage container in Goodsprings. then a fight happened, the town folks had to defend themselves. right after the fight I went into the saloon and spotted this:

9CKx93i3ANk.jpg

apparently Sunny found my Bozar in the dumpster and helped herself. can't blame her, just surprised to see AI rummage through containers for gear :lol:

• Like 5
Walsingham said:

apparently Sunny found my Bozar in the dumpster and helped herself. can't blame her, just surprised to see AI rummage through containers for gear :lol:

If good gear has been dumped in a container within scan range, then AI will loot it. It will go for corpses and things that have been actively dropped, not things that only spawned there, as far as I know.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

while we're on the subject of New Vegas:

sAHDMe8q3Gg.jpg

• Like 3
Walsingham said:

Mortal Kombat sure has changed... last MK I played was MK4, and this looks more like Killer Instinct, only KI was a million times better

Walsingham said: