Pictures of your Games Episode VIII The Fast - The Picturesque

So that's how I started...

jOSfaHO.jpg

... and then it was midnight

EJOxuqT.jpg

Is this Anno 1404? I kinda liked the game, but never played it a lot, because it somehow felt to me like it is missing complexity. Same actually for Anno 2070 - loved the looks & all that, but at some point it felt too simple to me. Especially with the dumb ai that was always doing exactly the same thing.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yup, it's 1404 - it got released DRM-free on GOG recently, so I grabbed it. As for its complexity... I feel like it's easy enough to just build a settlement, but it's rather challenging to build multiple, fully automated settlements that you don't need to constantly oversee and that won't fall apart when you go do something else. And I think that's kinda the main point of the game - optimizing your production chains in such a way that they work without intervention, that surplus resources get automatically sold or transported to settlements which need them, that kind of stuff. I do find this aspect rather satisfying, but the campaign has been fairly easy so far, true enough (it has other advantages - storytelling not among them, sadly.)

• Like 1

I would have liked a function to increase the difficulty manually in a sandbox game. At some point the game usually becomes too easy and you are lacking real challenges (or they constantly repeat), in which case it would have been great to just knock up the difficulty a lil bit.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So that's how I started...

jOSfaHO.jpg

... and then it was midnight

EJOxuqT.jpg

Is this Anno 1404? I kinda liked the game, but never played it a lot, because it somehow felt to me like it is missing complexity. Same actually for Anno 2070 - loved the looks & all that, but at some point it felt too simple to me. Especially with the dumb ai that was always doing exactly the same thing.

I loved the appearance of the game but it felt like it played itself most of the time and I was just kept around the way you might drop a few crumbs to a nearby pigeon. 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

pretty much the story of my gaming life: whenever I am the best player in the game - we lose, because the rest of the players on both teams just aren't interested in playing. played 15 matches today, 15 losses, topped the score board in 4 of them ;(

bFwiX15gZv8.jpg

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hey folks, I'm right here! Stop gossiping

20161005233346_1.jpg

Got lucky and noticed the online Ur-Dragon was on low-ish health (2.5 health bars remaining), so decided to slap it around as it usually tends to die at stupid-o-clock in my time zone.

Ur-Dragon in Grace period (after it dies it stays in a weak state so other participants can grab their loot)

20161009145826_1.jpg

Dying Ur-Dragon

20161009145842_1.jpg

Leaderboard for this kill:

20161009150027_1.jpg

Now back to "gitting gud" so I can actually beat Daemon's awakened form...

• Like 1

Man O War revamped the way factions control regions, and added faction relations. Since then basically everyone is at war with everyone - this is warhammer, I guess.

Love the new system, since it actually means you do not have all the info every time you look at the map and the world does start coming alive.

After a long stretch in Bretonnia, the independent galleon "The Insufferable" returns to the Sea of Claws (because we still needed to get paid for that job in Marienburg). Hearing rumours that Dietershafen had been razed, I decided to sail that way and see what was what.

Past Manaan's Teeth things got ugly. And when we got to Hargendorf, the port was under attack by a large orc fleet

gVThXpU.jpg

Eo6nMJM.jpg

wDnzodH.jpg

GiAo55z.jpg

m2QIp4w.jpg

qUVdXpN.jpg

Was that all of them?

OkvUg7C.jpg

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wanna play Hyperlight Drifter so much :(

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

yeah!  :dancing: 
M6V1U0QckGY.jpg

first win in Dungeon of the Endless after 3 failed attempts. the funny thing is: both characters that started on the first floor got killed on the way to the exit, so really, it's not that much of a win technically  :biggrin: still, I'm pleased with my score

fJ82fCuLqFg.jpg

• Like 4
Walsingham said:

So, the melee is still awesome. More awesome actually as you get a ton more weapons with different attributes to use.

QsyC6VU.jpg

Graphics are quite pretty AND, naturally, there's also cyberpunk in there because why the hell not, right?
xZWvaNI.jpg

JoNPn1d.jpg

Pgyrp7R.jpg

Jc1c9e2.jpg

27HShmO.jpg

APkFOMQ.jpg

FsMzoZc.jpg

zi53BOZ.jpg

lwHykfF.jpg

cfznfPe.jpg

C8UxpC6.jpg

And nah, this certainly is not too many screenshots for a single post.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

is that a sequel to Bloodlines?

Walsingham said: