RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

PC Gamer HQ, 05:56 am

"Hey. Hey, Josh. Hey, Josh."

"Yes?"

"Tell me names of 100 PC games, I gotta write something and the deadline is this midnight."

"Sir, I'm a janitor."

"It's fine, just give me whatever."

*sigh* "Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II ..."

• Like 5

I would agree that gameplay and level design are awesome.  Story is pretty good, but they drag out the dialogue painfully.  I think if you liked HR you will like this.  I do not regret the purchase.

Of course, I'm only about 10 hours in and still in the first main hub.  But I don't think anything dramatic will happen to change my mind.   

• Like 4

whenever you press escape it's there in the menu. The consensus seems to be that the experience is not degraded if you don't buy cheats, which is good I suppose. I'd worry more about the frame rate drops and the incomplete story. 'it just ends all of a sudden' is a common quote. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hurlshot, how invasive is the whole shop thing? Is it only accessible through game menus or do they remind you that it's there all the time?

I haven't even noticed it, to be honest.  

Gorgon is right about the framerate though.  This game is awesome 80% of the time and weirdly laggy the rest.  Also my loading times are messed up.

I'm happy with the gameplay and level design. Although the loading times are quite awful for me, especially when you have to catch the train back and forth from one side of Prague to the other.

The vertical design adds something, but it does mean you can end up trying to poke at everything to find out if there's something new or hidden or different routes around.

Currently in the second dose of Prague after the Rucker mission.

Although that was slightly odd, the cinematic had Rucker with shaggy hair, then he stands up, the game shifts to the engine and conversation..and Rucker is suddenly marine buzz cut hair. Then cinematic and its back to the shaggy look.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I really don't get what all the hatred against DE:MD is all about, so far is the same things I liked about the first one plus some more. **** those hipster journos trying to make their bones, at this point they're a hazard to the game industry.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I really don't get what all the hatred against DE:MD is all about, so far is the same things I liked about the first one plus some more. **** those hipster journos trying to make their bones, at this point they're a hazard to the game industry.

The only wrong thing is the literal rape of the full priced game with ridiculous microtransactions. Gameplay might be awesome, but some people should stay by their principles and not pay even for awesome game filled with microtransaction full price. Else it will never go away. People fought against multiplayer pass and it has gone. It can be done, but people need to learn to have some patience.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Is there so much hate about it? (Haven't read anything, don't care what "professional whatevers" are saying)

For me, something in this game feels off. I have no clue right now what it is, it's just... something. Also I am not hating it, but a part of me constantly says "meh, somehow HR was better". Pretty much could be because of the setting, though. Like I've wrote already- this Prague ghetto theme doesn't really give me a kick, just like it never worked for me in Half-Life2. On the other hand, I can understand why they went with it- we already had big american- and chinese-styled high-tech cities and stuff, so it makes sense to try something completely different now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The only wrong thing is the literal rape of the full priced game with ridiculous microtransactions. Gameplay might be awesome, but some people should stay by their principles and not pay even for awesome game filled with microtransaction full price. Else it will never go away. People fought against multiplayer pass and it has gone. It can be done, but people need to learn to have some patience.

I don't know because I got the season pass, but so far the only content that I've seens are different outfits a few guns reskins and the only thing that is new content is the Jensen stories which are separate modules from the main story meant to be played after you finish it. I'm really not getting why people are whining about microtransactions, do you mind explaining?

Is there so much hate about it? (Haven't read anything, don't care what "professional whatevers" are saying)

For me, something in this game feels off. I have no clue right now what it is, it's just... something. Also I am not hating it, but a part of me constantly says "meh, somehow HR was better". Pretty much could be because of the setting, though. Like I've wrote already- this Prague ghetto theme doesn't really give me a kick, just like it never worked for me in Half-Life2. On the other hand, I can understand why they went with it- we already had big american- and chinese-styled high-tech cities and stuff, so it makes sense to try something completely different now.

Game gets mixed reviews with both the public and the critics for various reasons.

I think the game reminds me a lot of the original DX, more so than HR which had a lot of gunplay compared to this one. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, all I can say, is from what I read or heard from people here on forums and from few reviewers which I trust. I ahve not played the game, and not planning to. Steam only games = no sale for me. But from experience with newest games from Square, and some of their announcements, even if they would release DRM free, they are on my "Do not buy unless positive word of mouth has spread list".

And as soon as games have microtransactions even on other platforms, which I own, even if the word of mouth gives the game 10 out of 10, I am not paying more than 15EUR for complete edition. I have big backlog and big patience. I can wait.

• Like 1

To be fair, the microtransactions for the game aren't in your face or something you casually stumble across in-game.  It's pretty much a specific part of the main menu outside the game. Which I think is about the only saving grace of putting them in a single player game like that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well it's just matter of principles for me. Microtransactions are for me very big anti-consumer feature. And I just simply can't give my money to a company behaving that way. The market is so big, and there are so many other companies, which treat customers much better. And these companies are getting my money first.

• Like 1

What the **** is wrong with people. Who in their right mind would think that microtransactions for those kits is okay for a singleplayer game. It feels like these companies are telling me that they don't want my money. Whoever is responsible for putting such **** in the game should be fired immediately and shot into space as a warning for the rest of these idiot executive producers / marketing people. Same goes for smartphone apps, I'm playing the game on my computer, I don't want to be poked about some app during the game.

Dear human,

Please keep your trash on your world or we'll be putting that hyperspace bypass back on the table.

Thank you in advance,

your nearest sentient species

;)

Seriously. I do not understand the logic behind all of this nonsense. Just imagine the ****storm, if car makers would try to push something like that to market. They would go out of business imediately.

But people have no problem accepting from AAA publishers smearing **** all over their face and happily ask for more, because they complain, that there was not enough of it to swallow, while applauding to them for their generosity, that they are allowed pay them more...

Euhm, Tesla does exactly this? Unlock the full performance of your car through a software "DLC"...

I wouldn't even mind microtransactions being there given how obscurely they're hidden and never shoved in your face - which is exactly like they worked in Rise of the Tomb Raider and nobody really raised a fuss over that by the way (it's funny how gaming public hates on something only in case it's made aware of that thing's existence, I guess doing research and coming to an opinion is difficult) At any rate, there's been another issue with Rise of the Tomb Raider which I suspect is closely tied to the microtransaction shop, and that's always online DRM, to an extent at any rate. The game never kicked me out in case my connection dropped while playing, but it would also not allow me to launch the game while Steam was set to offline mode. That was a piece of information I was not able to find anywhere and since I suspect new Deus Ex works precisely the same, it'd need to be a splendid game for me to purchase it.

But since I value narrative as much as I value gameplay in Deus Ex titles, I don't think the new Deus Ex stands a chance of me purchasing it in any other way than in deep discount. Wide reports of it having its ending massively rushed and its tone being completely inconsistent throughout the game pretty much kills all of my interest in buying it full-priced.

Edited by Fenixp

So about these items. I found out I can get the classic revolver from my stash in the inventory. If I transfer it into my inventory and then use it, I can never have it again if I restart the game?

The classic revolver looks better, but now I don't want to use it, coz I'm scared to lose it. To.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

But since I value narrative as much as I value gameplay in Deus Ex titles, I don't think the new Deus Ex stands a chance of me purchasing it in any other way than in deep discount. Wide reports of it having its ending massively rushed and its tone being completely inconsistent throughout the game pretty much kills all of my interest in buying it full-priced.

Hmm, I can't speak to the ending yet, but this is still one of the better storytelling games out there.  I don't know who to trust, I feel bad about certain choices I have to make, etc.  Basically the tone is excellent and addicting, and whatever the ending is, I'm still going to look back on this game as a solid hit. 

Because 7 minutes of Elex gameplay wasn't enough, here's 17:

http://wccftech.com/meet-elex-the-upcoming-science-fantasy-rpg-by-piranha-bytes/

It looks very.. stiff (to put it nicely). I don't care though. I'm gonna love the **** out of it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Unable to edit previous link, so it's a review of DX

*warning Jimquisition*

• Like 1