RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

And considering that we don't know how much of the DLC is related to the mediocre multiplayer mode...

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well more importantly, they're selling an expansion pass. I'm willing to give about 45-50 EUR for both the base game and the pass if the DLC are good, but definitely not 90.

And the season pass sounds like it's only MP stuff.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Some of the future plans for Stellaris, for those interested
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668/

"ASIMOV" HIGHLIGHTS (NOT SET IN STONE!)

• Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)
  • Tributaries: New diplomatic status and corresponding war goals.
  • Joint Declarations of War: You can ask other empires to join you for a temporary alliance in a war against a specific target.
  • Defensive Pacts.
  • Harder to form and maintain proper Alliances.
  • More war goals: Humiliate, Open Borders, Make Tributary, etc.
  • Emancipation Faction. We had to cut this one at the last minute. Needs redesign.
  • Diplomatic Map Mode. Much requested!
  • Diplomatic Incidents: This is a whole class of new scripted events that causes more interaction with the other empires.

Past “Asimov”, I can’t give you any kind of specifics yet, but I am currently leaning towards honing in on the following general areas for the “Heinlein” update (these are not promises!):

CURRENT "HEINLEIN" INTENTIONS

• Sector and Faction Politics: We are working on a design for this. I always wanted to make Factions more closely tied to Sectors, for example...
  • Federation and Alliance Politics: As a player, you need more ways of interacting with the other members, push your will through, and get elected, etc.
  • Giving Directions to Allies and Subject States.
  • Strategic Resource Overhaul: You should need these and search for them far and wide. They should be extremely important.
  • Battleship Class Weapons. Some Battleship front sections will be repurposed for an XL size weapon slot. There are currently four ship sizes but only three sizes to weapons, creating an imbalance. Also, Battleships should have fewer small weapon slots and have to rely on screens of smaller ships.
  • Fleet Combat Mechanics: Formations and/or more complex ship behavior is needed.
  • Mid-game scripted content: Guarded “treasures”, mid-game crises, colony events, etc.
  • Living Solar Systems: Little civilian ships moving around, etc.
  • Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

All good stuff. Trying too hard with their code names therem :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Theres a fallout DLC out in 2 days. A propper one this time with a new area. Point Lookout part two by the looks of it. 

Not so sure sure about any of of them. Bethesda seems to have lost their Fallout mojo. Can't put my finger on it exactly but I don't think I will be installing it again.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah, I gave Fallout 4 another go this weekend, but then I tried to talk to someone about my son and the responses I thought I was choosing all came out terribly.  It made me dislike the character, which made me stop playing.  

I loved Automatron so much.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hmm I wonder if the Battlefield 1 will be good enough for me to actually buy and play an EA game again...

Never touched FO4 and probably never will based on opinion of people i know in person and who decided to give it a try. The only good part for them was the feel of Power Armor, and that's it...

I'd probably be able to play FO4 properly once someone does a fully-functional mod which removes the whole pre-war survivor aspect and instead just makes you a random Joe out in the wasteland. I think that's why Skyrim worked for me - the player character was completely unattached and could be shaped in whatever way the player wanted. Whenever Bethesda stray from that formula, they fall flat on their faces.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

But fallout is about them vaults and if the player doesn't start in a vault it ain't no fallout game.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This implies that they have been making anything but action games for a while. Pretty sure everything since kotor has been closer to action game than the previous title. Just because the have some stats and a dialogue wheel doesn't make it a pure rpg. ARPG? Sure, but the A stands for Action IIRC.

Edit: I guess DAO was less action game than jade empire.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 3

Some of the future plans for Stellaris, for those interested

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668/

"ASIMOV" HIGHLIGHTS (NOT SET IN STONE!)

• Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)
  • Tributaries: New diplomatic status and corresponding war goals.
  • Joint Declarations of War: You can ask other empires to join you for a temporary alliance in a war against a specific target.
  • Defensive Pacts.
  • Harder to form and maintain proper Alliances.
  • More war goals: Humiliate, Open Borders, Make Tributary, etc.
  • Emancipation Faction. We had to cut this one at the last minute. Needs redesign.
  • Diplomatic Map Mode. Much requested!
  • Diplomatic Incidents: This is a whole class of new scripted events that causes more interaction with the other empires.

Past “Asimov”, I can’t give you any kind of specifics yet, but I am currently leaning towards honing in on the following general areas for the “Heinlein” update (these are not promises!):

CURRENT "HEINLEIN" INTENTIONS

• Sector and Faction Politics: We are working on a design for this. I always wanted to make Factions more closely tied to Sectors, for example...
  • Federation and Alliance Politics: As a player, you need more ways of interacting with the other members, push your will through, and get elected, etc.
  • Giving Directions to Allies and Subject States.
  • Strategic Resource Overhaul: You should need these and search for them far and wide. They should be extremely important.
  • Battleship Class Weapons. Some Battleship front sections will be repurposed for an XL size weapon slot. There are currently four ship sizes but only three sizes to weapons, creating an imbalance. Also, Battleships should have fewer small weapon slots and have to rely on screens of smaller ships.
  • Fleet Combat Mechanics: Formations and/or more complex ship behavior is needed.
  • Mid-game scripted content: Guarded “treasures”, mid-game crises, colony events, etc.
  • Living Solar Systems: Little civilian ships moving around, etc.

Definitely looking forward to the border and mid game changes. Right now I'm just hitting "fastest" and watching videos while my tech ticks down. I get the occaisional scripted event chain, which I like, such as the subterranean empire on one of my colonized worlds, and a rogue scientist setting himself up as a god on a primitive world, but its largely waiting if you're not huge into war. Especially with ethics and such being a big part of relations and a 3 embassy limit meaning everyone hates you and you can't get any sort of diplomatic agreements.

Hearts of Iron IV up for preorder. I like paradox's pre-order stuff. Usually just cosmetic, and they generally release it to purchase down the road so people who don't pre-order can get it, but people who do get it for free. Current pre-order goodies are music packs for the axis and allies, or if you spring for the deluxe version you get a bunch of unit graphics.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/18/editorial-an-end-to-git-gud-you-dont-need-to-be-good-at-games/

John Walker on why you can suck at a game but still review it.

Also that Stellaris is difficult to him. Weird

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/18/editorial-an-end-to-git-gud-you-dont-need-to-be-good-at-games/

John Walker on why you can suck at a game but still review it.

Also that Stellaris is difficult to him. Weird

Well, the reviewer should have at least little bit of skill and knowledge of the gameplay for the game, which he is playing, else the review might be heavily biased on his incapability of having the advertised immersion out of the game.

On the other side, reviewers sucking at games explains, why call of duties and similar applications are getting 9/10 :D

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Didn't they label ME:A as a shooter? I thought they did in one of the initial release materials

I just think that it is quaint how they try to hype their game by fishing, it's a noncommittal throwaway comment to gauge the audience and decide what direction should the game go. It happens all the time on product development.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif