I have found all the magic items in pillars of eternity to be incredibly underwhelming to be honest. One weapon only slightly differs from another and it is like this with other magic items aswell.

The soulbound weapons are an absolute joke. The 10% proc on a hit is useless.

My dream items would be magic items that had more omph. Eg ones that actually worked.

Depends :)

If we talk about non-soulbound enchants on obtainable weapons without possibility of removal of any current enchants... than:

Usual wand or sceptre with: superb (6) + overbearing (2) + stunning (3) + predatory/lash (2) + time-siphon (1)

As for dream, dream weapon it would be Llengrath Blunting Wisdom enchanted with time-siphon, returning-storm (from stormcaller) and ring of ancient forge + 4 MIG (from abydon's hammer) or firebug (from unlabored blade)  :grin:

Edited by MaxQuest

Depends :)

If we talk about non-soulbound enchants on obtainable weapons without possibility of removal of any current enchants... than:

Usual wand or sceptre with: superb (6) + overbearing (2) + stunning (3) + predatory/lash (2) + time-siphon (1)

As for dream, dream weapon it would be Llengrath Blunting Wisdom enchanted with time-siphon, returning-storm (from stormcaller) and ring of ancient forge + 4 MIG (from abydon's hammer) or firebug (from unlabored blade)  :grin:

Yes, the rule is to pick any available weapon (without stripping it of original enchantments) and apply any enchantment you want (in the limit of the enchantments slots). We could extend it, like for the soulbound items, to 5 enchantments at most, but without the 14 slots limit.

PS. I suppose your cc weapon is for a wizard with blast. Wouldn't be a barb with carnage better for that?

PS. I suppose your cc weapon is for a wizard with blast. Wouldn't be a barb with carnage better for that?

Yeap, for a blasting wizard with maxed int/per and decent dex/mig.

Regarding barb, I'd say why not take both? At the moment I have such a wizard and barb in the party. Both with max PER.

Although, from level 8 to level 9, barbarian has critted only on 459 out of 3747 hits. While wizard did on 236 out of 392. I suppose this is primary because blast targets reflex.