Val is stuck trying to bury a weapon after failing to defeat summoned Goblin Raider

saxmaam

Question

So my Valeros is alone at the Goblin Fortress in Thisletop Delve.  He encountered and defeated Goblin Raider, then elected to try to close location by summoning a Goblin Raider.  For this check, he took two damage (bad roll) played an armor (leather or magic leather?  I can't examine the discard pile to see which) which reduced damage to 1.  Then discarded 1.  Then got prompt "Choose a weapon or item to bury."  Somehow the discard pile got opened and I could not move forward.  So I killed the app and restarted it.  Now I still get the "Choose a weapon or item to bury" prompt.  His three remaining cards, all weapons, are highlighted, but I can't select one or drag it to the bury spot/sandpile.  (Sandpile does not show up.  Card never seems to be selected).

I can select other characters, regardless of the site, and each gets the "Choose a weapon or item to bury" prompt.  None can act on this instruction.  All cards in hand are highlighted regardless of whether they are weapons or items.

I guess I'll have to forfeit this game as I can't figure out how to get unstuck here.  Other party members are Merisiel, Seoni, and Harsk.  This is kind of a tough party for me because I can't count on curing anybody.

One thing that's been bothering me is that sometimes the result of a roll passes by so quickly that I can't examine it.  I thought a couple of times during this scenario that I had passed a check and then it seems that I failed.  Would it be possible to keep the result of the last dice roll displayed somehow?

Another thing that I don't get about this scenario is that I've gotten some additional explorations (after acquiring items?) and didn't know why.  Neither the scenario nor the locations said anything about ability to explore again.  It seems like the situation was that I succeeded at a check and then I was asked if I wanted to explore again.

---

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on? Android/iPad, etc. ipad 4
  • What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4, iOS 9.3, etc.  latest
  • What model is the device? Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini 4, etc. 

Login Issues

• When you launch the game, does the welcome popup appear for Game Center/ Google Play Games?  No popup, but box says "Logged in to GameCenter" on upper left.
  • On the main screen, what is the text displayed in the blue box at the top? (Logged into GooglePlayGames, Logged into Game Center, or Link Social Gaming Network)

Store Issues

• What products were purchased?  ROTR Bundle
  • What products are missing (if any)?

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on? No and no
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?) Story mode.  Started scenario and did not leave ipad until lockup occurred.
  • Characters in Party. Merisiel, Seoni, Valeros, Harsk
  • Location of each character.  Merisiel throne room, Seoni Throne Room, Valeros Goblin Fortress, Harsk deeper dungeon
  • Turn Order.  see characters in party
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Thistletop delve, normal
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc).  See above
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it)  Not sure.
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it?  Memory not good, but maybe Harsk with 1d4+1 Sniper's Shot.
  • Was the encounter a Horde? (Skeleton Horde, Goblin Raid, Zombie Nest, Zombie Horde, Garrison Location Power w/ multiple characters, Henchmen encounter in Black Fang w/ multiple characters) no
Edited by saxmaam

6 answers to this question

Certain locations such as academy allow you to explore again if you encounter certain card types in your first encounter. That could explain why you are given a free turn. Maybe you had just missed the description on that location ?

there's no log of dice roll available right now . Personally I pay attention only to 2 numbers , the require check to beat and the flash of the result of your current roll. If I remember correct the sound effect also vary according to success or failure of the check.

Can't help you on the bury interface problem. But sometimes when I can't seem to drag certain cards, redoing it slowly usually works. If the screen is frozen , or there is no go forward button on right or a cancel button on the left , restarting the app seems to resolve it

I am experiencing a similar problem also on an iPad 4.  Screen is frozen on "Choose a weapon or item to bury", has happened on two different characters, also after being defeated by a summoned Goblin Raider.  Exiting the app does not help, when the app is restarted and "continue" selected the game simply returns to the same frozen screen.  Similar results if the entire iPad is restarted, though I can select other characters (who have the same message regardless of whether they have fought the Goblin Raider) and select other options (like settings or vault, which activate but then return to the frozen screen upon exit).  I have forfeited one game, but when encountering the Goblin Raider the next time, the same thing happens.

I see that there has not been an official reply to the original post here, I'm sure we both would appreciate a response.  I did search the forums for similar posts but would be happy to be directed to one if there is a solution listed somewhere.

allison_r

I am experiencing a similar problem also on an iPad 4.  Screen is frozen on "Choose a weapon or item to bury", has happened on two different characters, also after being defeated by a summoned Goblin Raider.  Exiting the app does not help, when the app is restarted and "continue" selected the game simply returns to the same frozen screen.  Similar results if the entire iPad is restarted, though I can select other characters (who have the same message regardless of whether they have fought the Goblin Raider) and select other options (like settings or vault, which activate but then return to the frozen screen upon exit).  I have forfeited one game, but when encountering the Goblin Raider the next time, the same thing happens.

I see that there has not been an official reply to the original post here, I'm sure we both would appreciate a response.  I did search the forums for similar posts but would be happy to be directed to one if there is a solution listed somewhere.

allison_r

Saxmaam mentioned specifically that s/he couldn't drag a card from the discard pile down to the dirt "bury" pile.  Have you tried putting a finger on the card you want to bury, holding it there until you see it move a little, then dragging it down to the bury pile?

(The interface doesn't offer an option to tap a card to get a "Bury" button, and complaints about that have been lodged.)

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

So my Valeros is alone at the Goblin Fortress in Thisletop Delve.  He encountered and defeated Goblin Raider, then elected to try to close location by summoning a Goblin Raider.  For this check, he took two damage (bad roll) played an armor (leather or magic leather?  I can't examine the discard pile to see which) which reduced damage to 1.  Then discarded 1.  Then got prompt "Choose a weapon or item to bury."  Somehow the discard pile got opened and I could not move forward.  So I killed the app and restarted it.  Now I still get the "Choose a weapon or item to bury" prompt.  His three remaining cards, all weapons, are highlighted, but I can't select one or drag it to the bury spot/sandpile.  (Sandpile does not show up.  Card never seems to be selected).

I'm not going to address the bug in this paragraph because it's definitely a bug (and I think it's been reported)

I am going to address the "somehow the discard pile got opened" thing.  If you read the Goblin Raider card, it says "If undefeated, bury 1 item or weapon of your choice from your discard pile."  So the game opens your discard pile.  At that time, you could move forward by dragging one of the weapons into the buried pile; there seems to be no provision if you highlight the card to hit a button to bury it.

Even if you took no damage from the Goblin Raider, it was still undefeated and you would have to bury a card.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)