What did the update change?

Can someone explain the changes to gold farming after the patch? I finished yesterday the first adventure in every difficulty for Orik's Shield and I moved today to the second adventure, trying to win in Heroic and Legendary, so I haven't tried with a different group to see if they get the gold or not. Do the changes make it so that if I make a different party, I can only win gold from the Legendary scenarios?

Also are there changes to the Quest mode? Even when I win a quest, it is still available afterwards. Does this mean there are unlimited tries in quest mode, or do you get gold from the first win in each difficulty each day?

I can't speak to Quest mode as I haven't tried it yet but in Story mode, the way you described it is correct. I've been experimenting with lots of groupings of characters and so I've played the same story mode scenarios very often in the "normal" mode. Prior to the patch I got 100 gold for completing a scenario. Post patch, I know longer get those 100g rewards. Same for hard mode. You only get gold for completing legendary modes.

Don't know if the patch changed this but beating a scenario all the way through legendary with one group opens it up for subsequent groups. So if you start a new party and beat a normal scenario, the legendary on is immediately available for that party to play.

don't think there's any changes to gold reward. In story mode, your party gets gold according to the difficulty level . To redo the same scenario and still get paid so to speak, you have to try a higher difficulty . Ie, you clear scenario a on normal, you have to clear it on heroic next with same party to get gold. Unless you cleared it on legendary then henceforth you have to redo it with that same party on legendary each time to get paid.

In quest mode, there's no such restriction. Each game you start you get paid according to difficulty level you select.

If you do the scenario with a new party, with characters that have not played that scenario, you will get 100, 150, and 200 gold for beating each difficulty level.

If your characters had already beaten a scenario on legendary, they can only get gold from legendary, at a rate of 200 per success.

Honestly, it's really wacky right now. I beat everything on normal with one party, then beat everything on Heroic with another. When I started a third, I saw I could get gold for beating the game on normal or Legendary, but NOT on Heroic.

I'd be very curious to hear from the devs what the intention is surrounding the gold rewards. :) I've read contradictory claims here on the forums, possibly because the mechanics are inconsistent for different players.

Prior to this latest update you could get gold from replaying a scenario on lower difficulty levels with a new party. I don't think this was intended. Now you no longer get gold from beating a scenario unless it's on legendary difficulty regardless of the party composition.

This is pretty stupid as it penalizes you instead of rewarding you for playing the game more.

The system does seem a bit arbitrary. Not helped by it being far from clear what the system is. The way I read some of the descriptions, if you never play on legendary you can keep getting gold from normal mode forever.

I'd also like to be able to start a party and play the higher difficulties straight away. It's not the same challenge if I've already farmed upgraded cards on the lower difficulty.

Actually right now what I'd like is to be able to create a new party at all without the game crashing but that's another story...

Prior to this latest update you could get gold from replaying a scenario on lower difficulty levels with a new party. I don't think this was intended. Now you no longer get gold from beating a scenario unless it's on legendary difficulty regardless of the party composition.

This is pretty stupid as it penalizes you instead of rewarding you for playing the game more.

Not really. Farming for gold on anything but legendary is a waste of time. The only reason to ever play Normal (or heroic) again is for the cards.

How do you get to Legendary difficulty?  I've just completed Burnt Offereings for the first time.  Is there going to be a new option to select difficulty if I go back and replay the introductory and Burnt Offerings scenarios again?  I'm thinking at this point all I can do with my current party is replay the adventures until The Skinsaw Murders is released.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

How do you get to Legendary difficulty?  I've just completed Burnt Offereings for the first time.  Is there going to be a new option to select difficulty if I go back and replay the introductory and Burnt Offerings scenarios again?  I'm thinking at this point all I can do with my current party is replay the adventures until The Skinsaw Murders is released.

When you choose a scenario from the world map in story mode, there's a skull attached to the right-hand side of the info panel. If you tap it, you can change the difficulty level: blue is normal, green is heroic, and orange is legendary.

When you choose a scenario from the world map in story mode, there's a skull attached to the right-hand side of the info panel. If you tap it, you can change the difficulty level: blue is normal, green is heroic, and orange is legendary.

This.

To get legendary you have to beat each scenario first in Normal Mode (blue skull), then again in Heroic (green skull).

Skinsaw is already out. You just need to purchase it.

Not really. Farming for gold on anything but legendary is a waste of time. The only reason to ever play Normal (or heroic) again is for the cards.

You HAVE to play a scenario on normal difficulty with a brand new party before you can play it on a higher difficulty.

You are now penalized for this relative to how it was before the update and it's a stupid design decision.

You HAVE to play a scenario on normal difficulty with a brand new party before you can play it on a higher difficulty.

You are now penalized for this relative to how it was before the update and it's a stupid design decision.

That's not true. I can place an entirely new character in an entirely new party and manually select legendary difficulty straight away.

^what he said.

Once you go through it all once you can manually play any difficulty with any party.

It isn't "penalizing" so much as "unlocking". Kind of like many other games out there which have multiple playthroughs.

We intended it to allow a person to get a gold reward the first time an adventure was beaten on normal and heroic while leaving legendary repeatable.

What was happening was a player was getting rewarded every time, no matter the difficulty, as they took a party through an adventure in Story Mode.  Taking some more advanced characters through some of the easier adventures in a few minutes was rewarding them far beyond our intentions and basically allowing all the content to be purchased with minimal effort.

We intended it to allow a person to get a gold reward the first time an adventure was beaten on normal and heroic while leaving legendary repeatable.

What was happening was a player was getting rewarded every time, no matter the difficulty, as they took a party through an adventure in Story Mode.  Taking some more advanced characters through some of the easier adventures in a few minutes was rewarding them far beyond our intentions and basically allowing all the content to be purchased with minimal effort.

If it makes you feel better, I do all my "gold farming" on Adventure 2 legendaries. ;)

• Like 1

That's not true. I can place an entirely new character in an entirely new party and manually select legendary difficulty straight away.

Then there is a visual bug showing anything but normal difficulty as being locked to a new party even though you can select it and play on a harder one.

Edited by FellintoOblivion

Which doesn't address why we shouldn't get the gold reward for beating a scenario on lower difficulty with a party that contains only characters who haven't beaten it before.

• Like 1

Then there is a visual bug showing anything but normal difficulty as being locked to a new party even though you can select it and play on a harder one.

That is actually correct. The heroic and legendary markers for the scenario on the info panel have locks over them, but if you tap on the skull icon, you can manually change the difficulty level.

Edited by Feywood