Can't see character power descriptions in the store

HPL_fan

Question

I did a quick search and didn't see this issue reported, so forgive me if it is already a known issue.  In the Store, if I tap Characters tap a character to look at a character to I might want to buy, tap See More and go the the Powers tab I can see the list of the character's power icons.  Tapping on a power does not bring up a description of the power.  When I'm deciding what character to buy next I can't actually see what powers they have, only the names and icons for the powers.  I can't find any other reference for the characters' powers other than going into the powers tab of a character I have already purchased in the party or gameplay screens.

This is reproducing for me on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and S6 Active.

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

7 answers to this question

Wow.  I didn't know you could GET that level of detail in the Store.

As a work-way-around, you can create an account on paizo.com, then go here and add this product to your cart.  Then check out with a cost of $0.00 (shouldn't ask for credit card info) and it will be under "My Downloads" up at the top.  This download is a zip with several files in it. Open PDF called "PACG-Sheets-RotR.pdf", and you'll see all the characters in the game (except Ameiko and Orik) in their full glory.

Edited by da_mayor

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

That certainly helps.  Other than that, how would you be able to know what a character can do before buying them?  You seem surprised I expected to be able to get that info in the store.

I'd noticed this and quite honestly blown it off since I'm familiar enough with the characters to already know the powers. But overall, why even have that screen if it doesn't give descriptions. I suspect this isn't intended/finished and they will add descriptions at some point.

That certainly helps.  Other than that, how would you be able to know what a character can do before buying them?  You seem surprised I expected to be able to get that info in the store.

Not exactly.  It just never occurred to me to look for this information.  That is EXACTLY the sort of information you should have before making a purchase.  I just already had it, so I didn't go looking.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Hey guys,

This is indeed a bug, you should be able to view these things. It is a known issue and have a bug in our database already.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the quick response.  It's unfortunate that the game got bad press about being released buggy.  I work in QA myself, so I understand how that can happen.  I hope there is equal press out there about the responsiveness of the company (how come only Devs are on here?!) and quick updates turnaround. 

• Like 2

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki