How does difficulty impact quest mode?

Just based on observation from running a legendary group to 12 and starting a new group and playing on normal to 5 or 6, card availability and XP seem about the same.

That seems to be my experience as well. I was hoping XP would scale with difficulty to help with the level grind.

Nope, if anything it seemed worse when I was leveling my 2 guys on Legendary. But it's probably the same. What really gets old is seeing Nuallia like 75% of the time as the villain. Maybe it's just me but I got her a lot on both groups from very early on to still getting her pretty often as I approach lvl 20.

Right now it mainly gets harder with difficulty level as more decks get released you should see more variety in both difficulty and loot, in the early stages we wanted to ease people into it since it was something new from the physical game.  So stay tuned for more awesome with Quest mode!

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

Just based on observation from running a legendary group to 12 and starting a new group and playing on normal to 5 or 6, card availability and XP seem about the same.

That seems to be my experience as well. I was hoping XP would scale with difficulty to help with the level grind.

I felt the same way.  I love the idea of gaining xp, but dislike the idea of playing full games and not getting any rewards for it.  In adventure mode, you get a reward for any scenario.

I was hoping playing Legendary would net enough XP to always guarantee a level, but that seems to not be the case.   

I kind of wish they made card rewards randomized like the villians/locations so you were always getting something out of winning... (items, spells, etc) and instead made the XP grind solely for Card Feats, Skill Feats, and Power Feats, or unique things like random loot from the loot pool based on your "tier" level.  This way, you could have less levels  with more xp between levels to gain the major character rewards, but every game you are getting some type of reward that is randomized that pulls from the vault based on your level. 

Also as an aside.... I'm suprised they don't have XP boosters as another gold sink ;)

Edited by wakasm

• 2 weeks later...

General questions I have about Quest mode:

On "experienced" why are there 1-6 numbered versions of Kyra and Merisiel, and only 1-2 versions of characters I bought later? Why all the versions?

How can I tell before a quest if I will get gold and XP if I am successful? Sometimes I complete a quest and get no gold or XP. My characters are all between 9-11.

The "experienced" versions of characters are all the times you picked those characters to start groups (the game keeps track of every version of every character you've used separately) so you could if you wanted pick the same one and use that one for a certain group, and maybe use another version (with different cards in deck, powers selected etc) for another group. The reason why there's so many is because even if you just played with a character once (or even picked a character to start a group with but quit out before actually playing a scenario), the game still keeps track of that character. If those aren't active characters you intend to play with, you might want to delete them as I believe there's something like a limit of 20 experienced characters saved at a time.

You should always get XP if you win a quest. You are also supposed to get some XP for defeating monsters even if you lose, but I think that might be currently bugged. That is quest mode. Story mode doesn't have XP, instead you get specific rewards for completing specific missions. The two modes aren't compatible since characters "level up" in different ways, so a character you've been playing in story mode isn't transferable to quest mode and vice versa.

You should always get gold for winning a quest mode scenario. Same as XP, you're supposed to get some during the quest as well for defeating banes but I'm not sure if it's awarded or not currently unless you win the mission. In story mode you only are supposed to get gold the first time you run each scenario on normal. After that you won't get any gold for normal (and I think heroic difficulty). You can run missions repeatedly in story mode on Legendary for gold rewards.

Edited by Brainwave
  • Like 2

Thank you Brainwave.

I'm still confused - I never picked different versions of characters to start quests. There were 6 versions of K and M right from the start. I guess I should just delete the ones I never used.

And it does happen all the time that I don't get gold and XP for completing quests. I thought it might have something to do with my characters being too high level for the difficulty level? I never get XP if I fail the quest.

If those characters aren't ones you are using and they appear under the experienced tab then it's probably safe to delete them. Just make sure you don't accidentally delete a character you care about :) Maybe one possibility of how they got there - when I first tried to play quest mode, it would freeze on the loading screen and I couldn't get into games at all. But when that got resolved for me after the last patch, all the characters I'd picked for those games that just froze up suddenly appeared under experienced. Or it could just be another random bug. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're playing in quest mode and not story mode, it's supposed to be picking missions for you that are appropriate for your level so not being the appropriate level for the mission shouldn't be an issue and you should always get XP and gold on a win. If not, it's not you, just a bug. I haven't followed the known issue thread super closely and haven't encountered that myself but it wouldn't surprise me if that was an issue for some players.

• Like 1