Academy Bug: Zombie Horde got me stuck unable to progress

_Harwin_

Question

IPad Air

Legendary Foul Misgivings (mission with Iesha Foxglove & Haunts)

Kyra & Seoni @ Academy

Merisiel @ Ruins

Kyra encountered Zombie Horde barrier at Academy as first explore of the turn (so it should trigger bonus explore since it isn't a spell).  There was at least 1 card left in the location deck(Goblin Warchanter) so it wasn't about to offer me a "close" option.

Seoni fought a zombie first, succeeded.

Merisiel fought a zombie next, succeeded.

Kyra fought a zombie, cast Holy Light, recharged Father Zantus (overkill, yeah, I know).

Got recharge option for Holy Light, rolled, failed to recharge.

Zombie horde triggered as defeated, earned 2 gold.

At this point I couldn't do anything.  The only option on the turn-phase bar at the top right was the middle "explore phase" option.  I couldn't switch to discard phase or end turn or anything.  My guess is the game thinks it has provided me with the "Explore Now/forfeit Exploration" UI, but it hasn't.

I tried a few things:

1) I quit the app and reloaded.  It put me back at the option to recharge Holy Light.  After that it once again registered the zombie horde as defeated and gave me another 2 gold (painfully slow exploit! :) )

2) From within the game I clicked the store button and came back, offered me to recharge Holy Light again.  I had another character use a blessing (Non-combat strength) on the recharge.  Same experience.  When I went to the store and came back, that blessing was back(unspent)

5 answers to this question

I

I tried a few things:

1) I quit the app and reloaded.  It put me back at the option to recharge Holy Light.  After that it once again registered the zombie horde as defeated and gave me another 2 gold (painfully slow exploit! :) )

2) From within the game I clicked the store button and came back, offered me to recharge Holy Light again.  I had another character use a blessing (Non-combat strength) on the recharge.  Same experience.  When I went to the store and came back, that blessing was back(unspent)

To be clear, in both this situations you were still unable to continue after the Holy Light recharge?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Also experienced this today, but wasn't with a recharge. Did it a handful of times, but all I could manage to do was the painful 2 gold exploit. If I lost the roll I'd not defeat the horde. Subsequent hits of the horde ended the same way despite a different collections of charatpcters and ways to defeat the zombies. Only solution was to forfeit. Same scenario as OP.