Experienced character selection in quest mode is bugged

Blave

Question

I've created a complete new party for quest mode and played a few scenarions with it. After a break, I went back to re-build the party from experienced characters, but two of them are locked as if they are in another party, which obviously is impossible in quest mode.

I'm playing on a Nexus 9 tablet with android 6.0.1

Here's a screenshot.

As you can see, I can't chose Ezren or Amiri. No character died during the scenarios and permadeath is disabled.

As I reported here, I had another issue with the character selection in quest mode on my phone (HTC One M8 with Andriod 6.0). I know phones are not supported but maybe you want to take a look at that one as well.

After finishing a quest mode scenario with a fresh 6 character party, only 3 of the 6 characters showed up in among the experienced characters. The list got a bit long with multiple parties I tried earlier and the issue of not being able to delete them properly, so at first I thought I'm just overlooking the missing characters. But I had never finished a quest mode scenario on my phone before, so none of the older characters had any experience, making them easy to distinguish. After looking at every single character multiple times, I can confirm that half of my party was completely missing.

Maybe there's an issue with the list of characters getting too long or something.

4 answers to this question

Hey Blave,

Apologies for the inconveniences, do you mind uploading your save folder so we can take a look at the issue? 

Getting game files:
  1. Connect the Android Device to your PC.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and open the device
  3. Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
  4. Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
  5. Zip and send!

Thanks a bunch!

Here are my save files. Sorry for the delay. I had some Visitors the last couple of days and little time to spend on my computer.

I hope you can find out what's wrong and fix it at some point. It's really annoying, especially sine I can't even select the lcked characters to delete them.

Locked Chars in Quest Mode.zip

Edited by Blave

Update: For what it's worth, the locked characters have vanished. I returned to quest mode on my tablet after playing only story mode (and quest mode on another device) and now Amiri and Ezren are gone completely.

I've since come to prefer other group combinations so it's not that big of a deal but I hope you can find out what was happening and fix the bug to avoid future loss of characters for everyone :)