Adventure deck number not being added?

JonJBeats

Question

When a card says "the difficulty to defeat is increased by the scenario's adventure deck number", I don't see the extra difficulty being added to adventure deck 1 (Burnt Offerings).  Am I interpreting the rule incorrectly, or should a card with that text get a +1 difficulty?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

When a card says "the difficulty to defeat is increased by the scenario's adventure deck number", I don't see the extra difficulty being added to adventure deck 1 (Burnt Offerings).  Am I interpreting the rule incorrectly, or should a card with that text get a +1 difficulty?

Hi,

The way Obsidian chose to go about this is a little confusing. The fact is, they *both* describe the power ("The check to defeat increases...") AND they show you the new, 'upgraded' difficulty on the card itself. I suppose most people ( I know I did) would expect the card to have a check COMBAT 8, but in Adventure 2 - you see that you check difficulty is 10.

The card difficulties seem to scale correctly, so no bug there.

@ Obsidian

Two approaches that would be way more intuitive:

- Never change the value on the veteran card itself - just update it in the check indicator

- Keep the scaling on the card, but just get rid of the 'veteran' text; this is a leftover from the card game, where by necessity players are adding the numbers themselves; here, your app is taking care of this so I just need to know what  that Scout's check to defeat is, I don't really need to know how it is upgraded to Combat 10 now

• Like 3

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Ah - thanks Longshot11 - that clears it up.  And I agree with your options for making it more intuitive:

@ Obsidian

Two approaches that would be way more intuitive:

- Never change the value on the veteran card itself - just update it in the check indicator

- Keep the scaling on the card, but just get rid of the 'veteran' text; this is a leftover from the card game, where by necessity players are adding the numbers themselves; here, your app is taking care of this so I just need to know what  that Scout's check to defeat is, I don't really need to know how it is upgraded to Combat 10 now

Thanks!

Here's a screenshot. This is quest mode. My party is level 12 (tier 1). The difficulty only includes the scenario power, not the additional +1 for the adventure deck level.

post-161605-0-09228900-1463104140_thumb.jpg

Edited by Faranim

Here's a screenshot. This is quest mode. My party is level 12 (tier 1). The difficulty only includes the scenario power, not the additional +1 for the adventure deck level.

I'm not sure how these things work in Quest mode, but I notice you Scenario POwer is from The Poison Pill, which in the campaign is effectively Adventure Deck 0. Maybe that could be relevant.

(Also, I've seen people reporting they only get Base Set cards in Quest Mode, despte having a high-level party, so it may be a more general bug - like Quest mode never counts you as being anything higher than a Base Set scenario??)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.