Goblin Battlechanter + Collapsed Passage = Bad Bug

Armament81

Question

So I ran into this bug last night, where if you have an ally who is at a location that has a failed Collapsed passage sitting on top of their location deck, and another ally encounters a Goblin Battlechanter (that name might be off, warchanter maybe?  Its the one that makes everyone make a wisdom check or not be able to use attack spells or weapons) cause the round robin wisdom checks, when it comes to the ally at the location with the Collapsed passage it wont allow that ally to roll.

I assume that this is due to the interaction of the Collapsed passage.  If I exited the game and came back in, it would continue the game with the beginning of the encounter happening and the bug would appear every time.  I ended up having to start from the continue and immediately forfeit the game so that I could start a new and not be locked in.

Stats:

I am on an ipad 4 non retina, using the most current IOS.

I had a 6 person party playing the 4th part of chapter 1 on normal difficulty, no permadeath, no pass and play.

I don't remember the locations, but I do know that the Paladin was alone at the location with the failed Collapsed Barrier and that the Druid was alone at another location that triggered the round of wisdom checks.

Side not, I have noticed a handful of times that some times the Collapsed passage will be ignored and I will be able to just draw the next location card anyway (when this happens, the collapsed passage card is to the right of the location deck and not on top of it.)  Figured I would just mention that as I am guessing that this bug has to do with that card.

5 answers to this question

Side not, I have noticed a handful of times that some times the Collapsed passage will be ignored and I will be able to just draw the next location card anyway (when this happens, the collapsed passage card is to the right of the location deck and not on top of it.)  Figured I would just mention that as I am guessing that this bug has to do with that card.

Side note to your side note:

Collapsed Ceiling is designed so that it's only encountered on the first exploration of that turn.  That's why it moves to the side the way that it does - so you can continue exploring that turn without encountering it again, per the physical game's rules. :)

• Like 1

Haha, yea now that you mention it, I noticed that this weekend while playing some more.  I have a huge appreciation for the complexity of this game going digital, as its so easy to miss an aspect of one of the cards, even when playing it physically.  But thanks for the point out!  :)

• Like 1

Encountering the exact same problem. Forfeit the game as the only solution

This bug was confirmed to be fixed in the next patch (coming next week).

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.