Clockwork doesn't allow you to recharge your hand

Longshot11

Question

The Clockwork Tower states

"At the start of your turn, recharge your hand and draw up to your hand size"

Deck menagment is one of the improtant points of strategy in the game, so when you're made to recharge your hand, the most important decision you should make is the order in which you're going to recharge your cards. (Also this is the proper way to do it by the rules)

Instead, at Start of Turn, the Clockwork Tower automatically recharges your whole hand, assumingly in the order of the cards in your hand (but there's no indication is it left to right, or right to left; otherwise, at least the player could rearrange the cards in his hand at the end of his previous turn).

I can only guess this was done to streamline this action, but if so,  it strikes me as the most inconvenient place to mess with player strategy, (especially, when there already are plenty interface decisions that feel pretty slugish; spending several turns at Throne Room and having to cancel its starting power each time gets really old, really fast)

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

3 answers to this question

Longshot is right; none of the multiple card rechargers (Father Zantus, etc) allow you to set the order of the recharge (even as an option)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

Longshot is right; none of the multiple card rechargers (Father Zantus, etc) allow you to set the order of the recharge (even as an option)

Hah, good catch! I noticed it with Father Z a couple of times but then it always slipped my mind to report it.

Actually, when my hand recharges at the Tower, it happens in a specific order.  I BELIEVE it's left-to-right, but I haven't played it for a few days.  I remember noticing what it was when I was low enough on cards that it was patently obvious.  The graphic animation shows the order in which they are removed/recharged.

Edit:  Perhaps unless you had to turn off Effects to overcome glitches.

Edited by da_mayor

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."