Darts didn't allow reroll on 2nd combat check

_Harwin_

Question

Ipad Air

Quest Mode

Merisiel went up against Nualia in Quest Mode. 

First combat check:

Pick Darts, discard ??? to Sneak Attack.  Win roll.

Second Combat check:

Pick Darts, discard Light Crossbow to Sneak Attack.  Fail roll - no reroll option offered.

Maybe because this was the second darts roll of the encounter?

Maybe because I discarded a weapon to Sneak Attack?

Not sure.

4 answers to this question

Neither of these should have denied you a reroll.

Incidentally, you're the first person I know that would prefer to use a Dart's d4 for its reroll chance, rather than the Light Crossbow's d8. I like that I still find people using playstyles different than the ones I know, and I think that this flexibility and variety is one of the biggest strengths of this game

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Neither of these should have denied you a reroll.

Incidentally, you're the first person I know that would prefer to use a Dart's d4 for its reroll chance, rather than the Light Crossbow's d8. I like that I still find people using playstyles different than the ones I know, and I think that this flexibility and variety is one of the biggest strengths of this game

Clarification:

When I said "maybe because..." I meant, "maybe the bug happened because", and NOT "maybe this was correct behavior because"

As for Dart vs. Xbow, it depends a lot on how many other blessings/buffs you're throwing at it.

If you were using a dart (d4) + her base ability (d12 +2) and you needed to hit a 5, then you're good as long as you don't roll 2 1's.  But that's the same thing you'd get with the light XBow.  Yeah, the light Xbow is slightly less likely to roll 2 1s, (1 in 8 on the xbow vs. 1 in 4 on the dart), but with that reroll the dart becomes better.

On the other hand if you need to hit an 18, you need to roll max value with the dart (unlikely even with reroll) but not too bad with the xbow.

For villains, since I'm going to be dumping blessings on the check anyway, I expect to win the check barring really bad luck.  So the darts are better.  For normal encounters I would tend to use the XBow - since it's better without having to use up the valuable dart-discard resource.

• Like 1