Stuck at rewards after Local Heroes

PinkRose

Question

My first game stopping bug.

At reward screen after Local Heroes.

Heroic level.

First time completed with all 4 characters. Used 5 different ones on normal.

Stuck on rewards screen.

All have exclamation marks.

Can't progress.

Is this the bug that you pick new people and continue?

14 answers to this question

So I have encounter this as well, but in Quest mode.  Upon getting to the rewards screen, I had a total of 3 card reward selection screens to go through before I could do a skill selection to finish my rewards.

Getting to the 3rd round of card selections I only need to have it reveal a spell card for one character.  You see the card animate in, then it jumps off screen above the portraits, and you can see the sparkles coming off the card, but it is not tappable so their is no way to proceed.  This also locks out all other ui elements and the only way I could proceed was to close the App.

If I then continue or go to quest mode again, it just takes me back to the beginning of the rewards screen for that mission and it all happens again, making Quest mode unplayable yet again.  I can still load up Story mode and play.

I figure the fix can be 2 fold, one fix the card flying off screen, but also make it so that during the card reveal stage, you can click anyway to move forward.  Honestly if that section of the rewards were more stream lined I would be ok with it... the delay for the animations is a bit much anyway.

Editing to add my specs:

I am on iOS (most current), iPad4 none Retina

Gameplay: I was completing a Normal difficulty Quest mode adventure with 4 Character (Fighter, Rogue, Druid, Sorc).

All but the Rogue where 1st level, and she was 8th.  So for rewards, the 1st level characters all go an Ally Card, then a boon of their choice And would receive a skill feat if they had gotten that far.  Then the Rogue got just a spell card reward, and its that card reveal that bugged out.

Happy to help with any other information if needed.  As a fellow software dev, I fully understand the development cycle and the challenges of working on an awesome project like this with a smaller team.  Keep up the great work, loving the game so far and hope to see lots of content for it over time!

Edited by Armament81
  • Like 1

I'm having the same problem with Local Heroes.  I have 4 heroes, one of which previously completed it.  At the rewards screen the one hero has the 'X' over his head as he is not eligible and the other 3 heroes have the exclamation but clicking on any of them does not do anything other than outline their portrait but no card comes up to choose as a reward and it won't let me bypass this screen so I can't even use the forfeit option to lose the rewards but keep on playing.  This is happening on my iPad after the latest update and my IPad is fully up to date.

Came here to report this bug, and check quickly to see if it was already known.

Just finished Local Heroes on legendary with Lini, who hadn't done it before. She's now stuck at the rewards screen; the gold payout animation plays, then she sits there stuck with an exclamation mark and can go no further, locking out story mode for that particular party entirely.

Hey everyone,

This is indeed a known issue and we are working on a fix. The workaround for this one is to close out the app, re-launch and go to Story and delete your party. Create a new party and under Filter Characters, tap on Experienced. From there you can form your party and continue without losing any progress. 

Hope that helps! Thanks!

• Like 2

So, thanks for the reply.

I didn't delete my previous party, but I did the rest of the steps.

After finishing off the last Ally, the game hung. It was about 3 seconds, and then it went on to the reward screen.

And from there it was fine.

You'll note the screenshot shows an oddity. This is BEFORE beating the Local Heroes scenario on Heroic.

Note the scenarios that are open. I could select Normal, Heroic or Legendary Local Heroes, even though I had not completed it on Heroic yet.

post-47800-0-09030000-1462856274_thumb.jpeg

Hey everyone,

This is indeed a known issue and we are working on a fix. The workaround for this one is to close out the app, re-launch and go to Story and delete your party. Create a new party and under Filter Characters, tap on Experienced. From there you can form your party and continue without losing any progress. 

Hope that helps! Thanks!

Mine did it both in Story and Quest mode. I deleted the story party, and decided to try a different mix. However I don't know how to delete my Quest party. Any suggestions?

BTW, both of my "freezes" happened when I had mixed parties. That is I had some character that were a higher level than others so mixed rewards at the end. If that helps with the bug hunting.

• Like 1

Getting to the 3rd round of card selections I only need to have it reveal a spell card for one character.  You see the card animate in, then it jumps off screen above the portraits, and you can see the sparkles coming off the card, but it is not tappable so their is no way to proceed.  This also locks out all other ui elements and the only way I could proceed was to close the App.

Yeah I have this same problem, which I posted in a different thread as hadn't noticed this one. I have a card reward that flies up off the screen and can't be clicked on, so I am locked out of proceeding and now can't progress with Quest Mode. Sad days. :( So miss my Quest Mode....

• Like 1

Same here, I changed my party composition by switching a hero with Lini, and during the reward, the lini part is ok (going to level 2, one card of a type of my choice, this one works), but when I then click on one of the others characters (level 7, I think that it's supposed to be an item), the card goes outside the screen and cannot be clicked anymore.

If I click the card quickly when it appears, it seems that it is revealed, as I can see the bottom of the card glowing on the top of the screen but I still cannot click it a second time to close and continue so I'm stuck and must kill the app.

(Android 5 on Galaxy Note 4)

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Hope that helps! Thanks!

Okay.  I did this and recreated my party.  However, it shows under Completion that they have not done Local Heroes so it looks like I did lost progress in that I had completed this scenario.  Is this still broken?  i.e. If I play Local Heroes will the same thing happen again?

Hey everyone,

Hope that helps! Thanks!

Okay.  I did this and recreated my party.  However, it shows under Completion that they have not done Local Heroes so it looks like I did lost progress in that I had completed this scenario.  Is this still broken?  i.e. If I play Local Heroes will the same thing happen again?

Maybe it flags a scenario as completed when you Confirm away from the Rewards screen, and if that's where you got stuck - it didn't mark it correctly? Just replay the scenario - I did it with my party after getting the Rewards screen freeze and this time it went without a hitch.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.