Quest mode decks availability and character progression( til card role selection)

Quest Mode certainly needs to be looked at.  I'm level 13 with my characters and pretty much only find B and C level junk.  Every so often I have stumbled upon a level 1 weapon, which is nice, but I haven't seen a single level 1 attack spell pop up other than Divine Light.  

Also, I understand penalties for failing, but why do we lose the exp we earned in the quests?  We overcame the banes, we should get something for it.  I can understand not awarding players gold but it is really tedious to lose all the exp gained form defeating the banes.

Also, why would anyone want to bother with the difficulty tiers?  The gold rewards are so minimal, I find it difficult to want to slog through a quest with two awful effects hindering me.

I think they need to (and from some posts I believe it is being looked at) tune the card distribution a bit more. I'm lvl 16 and it's still the same. I think the only "new" card I've seen in the past 5 levels has been Augury, which I can completely understand if they want to make it higher level than other B level cards, but there should be other cards popping up in that range as well. I expect, based on other posts, to see a lot more cards appear as I approach lvl 20, but yeah more really need to be redistributed between 10-20.

As it is, while I find it somewhat entertaining to "level" a group of guys in quest mode, I'm only really doing it because the story mode is unfinished. Long term I'm much more interested in playing groups through the set unique story missions than replaying endless random quest missions where you encounter the same stuff over and over. Which is even less exciting if you're not even encountering much in the way of interesting cards from around level 8 (by that point you have all the good boons that are available early other than 1 or 2) to at least level 16.

Personally I think you should get both gold and XP for time spent rather than having gold be somehow tied to difficulty / ability to complete missions (except as maybe a completion bonus) but that's just me.

Agreed about difficulty tiers. I'm usually someone that likes the challenge of playing on a higher difficulty but that difficulty needs to be balanced and winnable if you know what you're doing to be interesting for me. Right now it needs some major tuning (Night Approaches alone is extremely unbalanced) so I've just been playing on normal. If balancing happens, I'll look at it again.

I am level 25 ill hit 26 in my next quest and I have never NEVER seen augury.  I wonder as some have speculated that the card pool is augmented by your party and I wonder if augury is tied to Seoni or something.  I have been fearing that things like Augury and Haste got bumped up even farther because of how good they are and not knowing is really starting to be frustrating.  I run Kyra, Ezren, and Lini.  Right now without Augury and haste the only thing that keeps ezren's deck recycling is detect magic.   ;(  Also no staff of healing yet, WTF?

Edited by delpheki

I don't have Seoni either but I do have Lem and Ezren, so Augury isn't directly tied to Seoni. Also, hit 19 last night and can confirm no staff of minor healing or Father Z yet. I've also only seen the one copy of Augury even though I got it about 4 levels ago but there should be more than one copy in the card pool. I've also only got one copy of masterwork tools and I got that one copy a long time ago.

I can't remember where I read this (might have been in this thread somewhere) but one of the devs mentioned that treasure chest cards are supposedly part of the reason why the card distribution feels off. In other words, it sounds like they might have balanced the card distribution in quest mode around all of the cards, including all of the treasure chest cards being unlocked. Not sure if that was a good idea since treasure chest cards are going to generally be unlocked last, after all the other content (and even if someone buys the pack, unless they are farming gold it's going to be awhile before they get a lot of treasure chest cards). And because of this people will generally be playing quest mode at first with just the story mode cards. So if it's not fun and you're not getting any new cards for a long stretch, I'm not sure that's going to motivate people to keep playing to unlock treasure chest cards to (possibly, it's still unconfirmed) fix that problem.

Augury and masterwork tool are part of the basic deck . I haven never opened any of them from chest. There's only 2 of augury and 1 of masterwork tool in my vault and I have run across augury earlier in each of my separate quest mode play through early. Likewise, after I ditch my masterwork work tool from my wizard, I readily run into masterwork tool in game.

As for staff of healing I run into it too, not very often like the kohl, given that there's only 2 of it in vault. And yes it's a non a chest card either.

You could probably boost your chance to obtain certain card by salvaging chest cards that you have obtained too many copies of .

Well the vault doesn't display anything during quest mode so saying they're in your vault means you're either looking in story mode, looking while in gallery or there is something working with your game that isn't with mine.  I'm aware they are base set cards but I think the character add on pack adds an "additional" augury and master work tools and I suspect the add on pack may work in the same was as chest treasure cards which makes them available during quest.  The perceived absence of the initial stock is the worry.  That's why I asked about purchase history to see if people who haven't bought any chests or the character pack share my issue.

Yep, I have all the purchasable stuff other than treasure chests. Only seen the one masterwork and the one Augury and I believe you're correct that there should be more than one copy if it's using the full story mode vault list. So perhaps it's not, which is quite possible considering other changes that have been made.

Semi unrelated question - do you get Nualia and Gogmurt a lot as villains? I'd say 80% of my games, I get one of those two, with Ripnugget and Stickfoot a distant third. The only others I've *ever* seen are Black Fang, the redo the fight on a 1-2 guy and maybe one other, once each. So, even if boon distribution just seems off due to not having as many treasure chest cards unlocked as expected, there's also stuff like this which is completely unrelated to treasure cards.

They are also absent on my vault in quest mode , as I'd stated in the very first post of this thread. I understand your confusion , when I say vault, I mean gallery because I find it futile to refer to a suspiciously bugged vault in quest mode. Many of the inferences in this thread refer to the gallery proper when I use vault. But not to worry, the cards are obtainable all the same. Just don't expect many as there's only 1 or 2 of them and chest doesn't add to their number.

It probably means those cards are flagged as special in some way because they're in the add on pack and the quest mode card pool consists of just the basic of base cards.  I wonder why story mode was different.  Well bummer, I guess now the question is do I buy 10k worth of chests and hope for augury and masterwork tools or do I get the add on pack with the assured loot and put up with the added headache inducing banes.

I haven't noticed a vast sleight of villain variance but I would say ripnugget/blackfang are somewhat less likely.  To be fair though, I don't really take note of who the villain is as much as what rolls I have to make so they sort of blur together.  

@delpheki the chest will not give you more copies of masterwork tool. At least not in my experience. Add on pack is the c deck with the added characters ? I think u get more mileage out of more characters to experiment with or like do pass and play with friends.

Those could translate to additional gold in quest mode or campaign and before u know it you can afford a few chest

@brainwave for villains hard to say for sure because I too don't pay particular attention to how often one come up. So that should mean I see the villain as a random pick from a pool of what u can access by your tier.

Edited by Rhygar

I thought about it but having already bought Lini I hate thinking I'm just throwing away 2k gold and the only other hero I really wanted was the monk.  I think there are just too many cards missing from the base set without though.  So conflicted!

Note that there are many more tier B cards than any other tier. That being said you shouldn't be going through the entirety of tier 1 and not see any tier 1 cards. We are looking into this.

@delpheki, Augury is not tied to the purchase of the character add on pack. What tier were you in when you found it?

I played a 3 man party from 1 - 27 and never saw it.  Then i bought the add on pack and found it 3 games later.  Same goes for masterwork tools.  I admit its not concrete evidence but it's pretty suspicious.  Of note, augury and MWtools are type C on thier card.

Still no staff of healing or father Z, this is literally, killing seoni.

Edited by delpheki

I played a 3 man party from 1 - 27 and never saw it.  Then i bought the add on pack and found it 3 games later.  Same goes for masterwork tools.  I admit its not concrete evidence but it's pretty suspicious.  Of note, augury and MWtools are type C on thier card.

Still no staff of healing or father Z, this is literally, killing seoni.

After further review, this seems to be the case.

Augury was moved to a tier that was relevant to the power it provided. However if you bought deck C all of those boons from deck C are mixed into your tier B pool.

I saw a Sickle +1 today in Quest that's marked as a B (but it's AD2).  Does adventure deck number matter in Quest?

What's the Adventure Deck number progression in Quest anyway?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

I saw a Sickle +1 today in Quest that's marked as a B (but it's AD2).  Does adventure deck number matter in Quest?

What's the Adventure Deck number progression in Quest anyway?

So boons were recalculated for Quest Mode. As Quest mode has different needs and pacing than story mode we were able to move boons around to when we feel you should be finding them. Getting that Sickle in Tier 2 when it doesn't match the quality of other Tier 2 boons didn't make sense, so it was moved to Tier B.

All the boons were combed through and moved around to different tiers.

Minor staff of healing will be available at tier3 . I'd seen father z card too whether you can get it befor tier 3 I don't recall exactly.

@StormbringerGT, is the bugged quest mode vault card display going to get fixed ?

Minor staff of healing will be available at tier3 . I'd seen father z card too whether you can get it befor tier 3 I don't recall exactly.

Where did this information come from?  Tier 3!?  Will 2 copies be added automatically to the base pool once teir 3 is unlocked or is it something that has to be found as loot.

I understand that augury has been moved up but I've still only found the 1 copy listed as C, Shouldn't I be able to find 3 copies of augury after getting to tier 2?

I think the public peace of mind could benefit from a functional vault to add some clarity to boon availability.

• Like 1

The minor staff of healing has only started dropping for me at tier 3 lv 30. It appears in quest mode as a deck 2 card, obviously modified as per what devs has mentioned for quest mode . As per my observation , deck 2 cards are accessible from tier 3 . It's not so much as added from base pool but rather a higher deck pool of cards , which in this case is deck 2 that the minor healing staff is a part of now, becomes available for loot once u hit tier 3

As with all cards u see in gallery, the max copies you have there is the max no. Of card you get find in quest mode . For that matter I have 2 copies of augury , yet to find a second copy in my game. Reaching tier 3 and yonder ,when possible with future expansion, should have no bearing on getting further copies of augury

• Like 1