Quest mode decks availability and character progression( til card role selection)

I'd finished many times over the story mode and have enjoyed grinding up my party in quest mode now that the patch have enable quest mode play.

One thing I'd noted from my lv 17 party is the lack of available cards from different decks. Unlike story mode the cards I have unlocked are barely accessible . Except for the basic B deck, most of the cards in the rest of the decks ( 1,2, C etc up to deck 6) aren't available when I looked at the vault in quest mode. Will there be , at any point in my current game after further leveling or at future game patches , expansion to the selection of cards available for quest mode? I hope to see full selection of my entire vault in quest mode.

Second, one of the perks of playing quest mode is the prospect of leveling and choosing new roles ( eg, crusader for paladin ) for the characters in the party which, at this point of the story mode campaign , isn't available yet in the story mode. I hope to be able to grind up the characters to where they can access the roles at higher level even right now . So, will this be possible or will levels and class and role advancement be capped at a point equivalent to where the story mode is at presently?

Yes the levelin/scaling system seems to be broken in the quest mode at this moment. I am in level 15 and has not seen any other level 1 cards, but Villains and henmans. So no higher level boons or higher level banes either. So the system that tricker the adventure level, seems not to be working. Interesting to see, if we will seen level 2 hensmans and Villains, when we Are at level 20 and higher. Also veteran enemies that scale according the adventure level Are not scaling so that seems to confirmation my idea that adventure level does not increase when heroes get levels in the quest mode at this moment. It should tricker at level 10, 20, 30 and so on.

B level treasure cards and B level promo cards From the Season pass appear in the quest mode, so the integration to you wault is Working.

I have both Poogh and the pro blessing From the Season pass Bundle in my quest croup.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Agreed, hit 11 last night and expected to start seeing Deck 1 boons at either level 10 or 11 but haven't seen any. I'm assuming this is a bug and I'm overall confused by the quest mode difficulties.

When my party was shown to be level/difficulty B (character levels 1-9) I was only encountering B level boons but I was running into both B level and Deck 1 level villains and henchmen (in fact it was mostly from Deck 1 for villains, the only B level villain that I ever saw was The Poison Pill guy, I never ran into Black Fang or the Bringandoom villain).

Now that my party is shown to be level/difficulty 1 (character level 11), I'm still running into the exact same stuff. Now admittedly I've only played 3 or so adventures since hitting that point but I expected to see at least 1 or 2 deck 1 cards by now.

Overall though shouldn't party level B mean B level stuff overall - why are the Deck 1 enemies being included right away?

And certainly since there's 30 levels and the difficulty listing for your party changes every 10 and there's 3 decks, it seems like the intent was to have each set of 10 levels associated with one of those decks.

• Like 1

I agree and hope this is a bug.  My thoughts were either it's not working correctly or the only gear that will show up in quest is gear that you get in chests because I've only bought a few and might not have any level 1 gear unlocked.  Either way, at the moment quest seems very un-rewarding for how slow leveling takes compared to story play and the lack of new boons.

But it is so fun. I have plaeyd those story mode scenarios so, Many times that it is pure fun to make something different.

Yes, it would be nice to see higher level gear, but be don't see higher level banes neither, so actually quest mode is easier to farm the gold.

I have now basically level 2 heroes fighting level 0 monsters and the monsters Are definitely getting beaten up badly. I have to play with heroic level to have any challenge at all at this moment. And when I get to level 20 aka 3 adventure level, the situation gets even worse to the banes... They still Are level 0 against my level 3 heroes...

I think that I have to start playing at legendary level when I reach level 20, to give those pool minions a fighting change...

Save the Goblings! Trolls have feelings too! Give a penny for the undead retirement home costs!

:-)

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I agree and hope this is a bug.  My thoughts were either it's not working correctly or the only gear that will show up in quest is gear that you get in chests because I've only bought a few and might not have any level 1 gear unlocked.  Either way, at the moment quest seems very un-rewarding for how slow leveling takes compared to story play and the lack of new boons.

Yep. Other than getting enough gold to unlock the rest of the characters, ill probably take a break until more bugs are ironed out. I just don't see the point of spending time and effort to level guys who are basically going to be replaced by a legit party once stuff is fixed. For the same reason why I'd been looking forward to playing some of the characters I never got a chance to play in the card game but holding off for a future patch. It won't feel like a real win for me until the game is working correctly. Too many before combat difficulty boost rolls not being added to check difficulties, cards disappearing etc, not to mention the chance of major bugs that might cause that party to not be playable.

For those interested on quest mode cards availability, I'd like to report on my findings after having taken my party to lv 20 and hence tier 2 .

To my pleasant surprise, the academy instantly made available 2 spells for my wizard upon hitting lv 20 on my first scenario. One is scorching Ray and the other is fiery bolt. Previously, these 2 cards which are deck 1 cards , are never seen in my play through on quest mode even in legendary mode.

The significance of finding scorching Ray is that in my vault screen accessed from quest mode, the only deck 1 spell available is the fiery bolt.( which might be. chest -only card) Finding scorching Ray seem to suggest that in quest mode it is possible to even uncover cards that are normally available as seen in the vault at main screen or in story mode.

It could be the great number of missing cards seen in vault under quest mode could just be that - an interface bug. They can still be found in game under quest mode.

Hopefully I will find my theory consistent when I make more play through.

Yep, by now I'd come across villains henchman and mob as well as boons from deck 1 and 2 as referencced from the vault in story mode.

The vault in quest mode though is largely missing all the cards I should have , but you can pick them up all the same in actual game play. I think.

For those interested on quest mode cards availability, I'd like to report on my findings after having taken my party to lv 20 and hence tier 2 .

To my pleasant surprise, the academy instantly made available 2 spells for my wizard upon hitting lv 20 on my first scenario. One is scorching Ray and the other is fiery bolt. Previously, these 2 cards which are deck 1 cards , are never seen in my play through on quest mode even in legendary mode.

The significance of finding scorching Ray is that in my vault screen accessed from quest mode, the only deck 1 spell available is the fiery bolt.( which might be. chest -only card) Finding scorching Ray seem to suggest that in quest mode it is possible to even uncover cards that are normally available as seen in the vault at main screen or in story mode.

It could be the great number of missing cards seen in vault under quest mode could just be that - an interface bug. They can still be found in game under quest mode.

Hopefully I will find my theory consistent when I make more play through.

Are they happening with some regularity or is it super rare?  I looked through my 3 level 13 decks (Kyra, Lini, Ezren) and found I've have a dogslicer which is a level 1 reward I've had since before I was 10 and I lost the roll the first time I came across it.  I've also never seen a flaming mace or augury even after spending 6-7 adventures just digging through spell locations searching and then forfeiting out of suspicious frustration.  My findings led me to believe the loot table was static or at least randomly generated from a static list which is either incomplete or bugged.  Then again it could be just awful RNG but that's what I came here to investigate.  :no:  

Where I was at, I get the impression that deck 2 boons are like likely to appear than deck 1 .by the time I was at lv 20s deck 1 boons are getting quite common .

From my experience if you want to obtain deck 1 boons you will have greater success as you hit lv 20. I haven't found anything bugged about the loot table though. As you near lv 20 (tier 2 ) you should get more of deck 1 boons and after which

• Like 1

Where I was at, I get the impression that deck 2 boons are like likely to appear than deck 1 .by the time I was at lv 20s deck 1 boons are getting quite common .

From my experience if you want to obtain deck 1 boons you will have greater success as you hit lv 20. I haven't found anything bugged about the loot table though. As you near lv 20 (tier 2 ) you should get more of deck 1 boons and after which

Thanks, I needed a light at the end of the tunnel.

Having to hit level 20 to unlock Deck 1 boons (so levels 1-19 are just deck B and 20-30 is deck 1 and 2) doesn't sound bugged to you?

I don't see why it wouldn't be 1-10 deck b

11-20 deck 1

21-30 deck 2

And at level 12 I'm not seeing a single deck 1 boon. That's either a bug or a decision that needs some serious re thought, especially since it takes like 3 missions to level up past level 10. Having to run 30+ missions to get to the deck 1 boons isn't my kind of fun.

Having to hit level 20 to unlock Deck 1 boons (so levels 1-19 are just deck B and 20-30 is deck 1 and 2) doesn't sound bugged to you?

11-20 deck 1

21-30 deck 2

And at level 12 I'm not seeing a single deck 1 boon. That's either a bug or a decision that needs some serious re thought, especially since it takes like 3 missions to level up past level 10. Having to run 30+ missions to get to the deck 1 boons isn't my kind of fun.

I just checked the deck boxes, can you guys give me examples of what you guys are seeing? It might be something else but without more details (Specific cards etc) its a bit difficult to tell.

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

Its not an exact science but Tier one is roughly deck 1 in terms of what you can find to expect and tier 2 is roughly deck 2. etc.

if this isn't the case I'll poke our designer.

You should poke or at least have someone test it real quick. Have run maybe 5 missions since it showed tier 1 for my guys and haven't seen any tier 1 boons. There were some others in another thread backing this up. Also in addition I was seeing tier 1 villains henchmen the right away (level 1 guys - Tier B party). Now I might have been on Legendary for those games but unless that affects the boon/bane distribution I wouldn't think it would matter. In the 15 or so missions it took me to get to tier 1 I never saw the Bringandoom guy, saw Black Fang once, Pillbug a couple of times, but mostly was getting tier 1 villains (and henchmen).

11-20 deck 1

21-30 deck 2

I just checked the deck boxes, can you guys give me examples of what you guys are seeing? It might be something else but without more details (Specific cards etc) its a bit difficult to tell.

I've literally never seen a deck 1 boon and my guys are level 12 (tier 1 for the last 5 or 6 games) which would be sort of like playing through Burnt Offerings without ever even seeing a boon from that deck. Also I saw tier 1 villains and henchmen when I was still a tier B party, in fact was seeing them much more often than the deck B guys. Now most of my games are on higher difficulty but I'm assuming at least with the boons that that wouldn't matter.

I've seen both deck B and C cards so those seem to be unlocking fine.

Keep in mind quest mode distribution is handled differently. You can guess roughly where something might show up based on where it shows up in story mode, but there was a lot of shifting around done. In Quest Mode Yap the pixie is a B card. As he should be....

Dev, so is it possible to level up and experience character progression and card content beyond what the present story mode may hold pending further expansion packs? I'm talking about level 40, 50s etc *gulp*

I was near to the character progression point similar to end of story mode for now but a glitch lost me my save game. Appreciate if you could shed some light on this so I could decide if it's worthwhile grinding it out

Regarding cards contents at tier 1 my experience is that spells card in particular doesn't drop any deck 1 cards until tier 2. At tier 2, exactly at lv 20 it seemed suddenly deck 1 becomes fairly available while I get the odd deck 2 cards.

At tier 2 up to lv 25 I get a few deck 3 banes and villain but nary a single deck 3 boon. If I were to guess it seems likelihood of snaring a deck 3 boon at tier 2 gets slightly higher as you progress to the end level of that tier and once you hit the next tier(4) , the deck 3 might again be readily available.

Edited by Rhygar

So it's not an exact line up of party tier B - deck B, tier 1 - deck 1, etc?

Ok well, I'll just conclude by saying that it seems like you've got to get through a lot of missions seeing the same cards over and over then to get to anything new. Maybe that's intended but after playing 12ish missions with my guys and not getting an upgrade in forever, when in comparison in the story you get access to new cards after 3 missions, that seems like a lot. Also if I at least knew that at mission X this card that I wanted was going to unlock instead of it being a mystery, I might be more motivated to shoot for that level.

And making the party tier being the same as the decks (B, 1, etc) sort of implies a correlation there. If it doesn't really match then you might consider renaming the party XP tiers to something different.

Its not an exact science but Tier one is roughly deck 1 in terms of what you can find to expect and tier 2 is roughly deck 2. etc.

if this isn't the case I'll poke our designer.

Have played 6-12 missions after moving onto Teir 1 and haven't seen any deck 1 boons. *

*In the card pool since I started quest I've had the agility spell available and the dogslicer weapon.  If I end an adventure with negative spells I am given the list of base spells to choose from and Agility is present but Augury is not.  I've never seen a flaming mace since starting quest either and I wonder if somehow Dogslicer took it's place?