Give me tips for POTD, i'm strugglin'

I finished the game on Hard at release and i found it too easy.

I waited till full expansion for another playtrough, so now i'm doing POTD. 

I find the game really challenging (finally!!) and i need some advices

My party is lvl 6 and i'm on act 2 but i'm stuck.

All the main enemies i find are too much for me, i just unlocked white march but it's too difficult too.

Is there some quest\area easier than usual i can do for leveling? 

• Like 1

Focus on Definace Bay, it has a lot of quests/experience points and encounters should be easier.

I did almost all quests, but i cannot beat the Knight Constructs on Crucible keep, they are too strong and oneshot me. There is nothing left a part main plot tower (already cleaned heritage hill), Sanitarium and lighthouse (that i left cause i remember it was hard).

Also, i still have Raedric quest active cause i wanted to lvl up to beat him but i'm guessing it should be a lot easier just ally with him and kill kolsch to gain easy Xp

Edited by Mazisky

Lvl 6 is indeed too early for WM1. Come back at lvl 7-8; or 9-10 if you want to upscale it.

Defiance Bay, Dyrford, first tier of Bounty quests, Aloth and Eder personal quests provide enough xp to get lvl 9.

P.S. Raedric Hold is perfectly fine for a good, level 4-5 party.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

I finished the game on Hard at release and i found it too easy.

I waited till full expansion for another playtrough, so now i'm doing POTD. 

I find the game really challenging (finally!!) and i need some advices

My party is lvl 6 and i'm on act 2 but i'm stuck.

All the main enemies i find are too much for me, i just unlocked white march but it's too difficult too.

Is there some quest\area easier than usual i can do for leveling?

Just keep jumpin around the world map looking for easier encounters. Easy.

What is your team?

What tactics are you using?

You should be able to full clear Raedrics and then full clear all the outdoor areas up to Defiance Bay. The ones past Defiance Bay like the Drakes and the Bluffs will need some more levels. Have you done the initial quests for all of the factions? Done all the little side quests in each area in the city? You can even do a few levels at Caed Nua for more experience if needed.

What is your team?

You should be able to full clear Raedrics and then full clear all the outdoor areas up to Defiance Bay. The ones past Defiance Bay like the Drakes and the Bluffs will need some more levels. Have you done the initial quests for all of the factions? Done all the little side quests in each area in the city? You can even do a few levels at Caed Nua for more experience if needed.

Full clear Raedrics?  You don't mean

the vampire versions

too?  Or does that happen later?  Forgot since I last played was ages ago.

Edited by Yosharian

¿Raedric hold? Put your party behind the small door, shoot the first one you can see, retreat and spam AOE to the chokepoint until they die. I suggest you to do WM as soon as you can. It's difficult to do on level 6-7 POTD but the reward worth it. Avoid durgan's battery because is really hard at low levels but there are a lot of gamechangers items, like the grey sleeper, stormcaller, talisman of the unconquerable, ninangauth's grimoire or the redeemer that are not too hard to get (to get the stormcaller you only need to fight against two group of lagufeths). Abuse chokepoints, aoe CC spells and rests. I usually go to stalwart as soon as I can (level 6) and if I feel I can't continue I go to defiance bay to level up a bit more.

You can do Caed nua bounties on Act II (three of them), and at this stage of the game is about 1 level up and some nice items. The sooner you rush durgan's steel, stormcaller, firebrand, tidefall, tallgrass and so on, the easier the game becomes. May not be the most optimal choice, but as soon as you feel stronger try to do the endless paths. There are superb items inside that are worth the risk and it's very easy to go back and rest on certain levels that have direct stairs to level 1.

Scrolls & potions are very important on POTD. At the end of the game you'll have more money than you can spend so nothing stops you from buying offensive/defensive scrolls and potions early to use it on every tough encounter you can found on the WM.

Edited by indika_tates

My party is composed by:

Edèr: Built full tank with all defensive options and high armor

Chanter (main): Heavy armored and tough, she goes front with Edèr, buff team and summons stuff to annoy enemy casters\ranged

Aloth: Aoe Spam + CC

Durance: Heals+Buffs+Debuffs and ranged weapon

Rogue: I bought her a legendary rifle and she does lot of dmg from far, but dunno if there are better choices, also high reload time

Should i fill with a Druid or some other Aoe\spell guy?

Sometimes i feel i have not enough damage to put away quickly enemy casters\ranged\squishies

Edited by Mazisky

What is your team?

the vampire versions

By full clear I just mean killing everything in the castle. All the guards, all the priests, everybody. It is especially satisfying when you take on everyone in the courtyard in a straight up brawl. Gets you lots of loot to sell. I even do this if I am helping Raedric, I just leave him and his advisors alive but clear out the rest.

What is your team?

the vampire versions

By full clear I just mean killing everything in the castle. All the guards, all the priests, everybody. It is especially satisfying when you take on everyone in the courtyard in a straight up brawl. Gets you lots of loot to sell. I even do this if I am helping Raedric, I just leave him and his advisors alive but clear out the rest.

Oh right.  Does this have any faction consequences? Or effect on personality traits?

In general, at level 6 you should be able to kill Raedric, do the first 5 levels of Od Nua, and the vast majority of Defiance Bay quests without a problem (including the main quest Temple, especially if you don't fight there). That should get you at least to Level 7, and just as importantly, get you the money to take advantage of the new items and ingredients for sale in the city.

Your party sounds fine, but it's going to depend on your playing style and tactical competency as much as party composition and level. Why not experiment with a hired adventurer for your 6th slot?

For XP:

• Start dipping into the Endless Paths until you find it too tough, you should level up pretty quick and plus you get money and decent loot to make your party stronger.
  • You can go to Dyrford already and do some quests there - some hard, some not so hard, again an easy way to grab more XP (maps leading to the village can be difficult, but if you stick to the path you're fine - you can always come back for these tricky encounters).
  • Clear out all areas you can for bestiary experience, remembering to kill rare enemy types such as deer (I think each one gives 100 XP, as least it did for me on solo, which is rather a lot).
  • You can always get to Raedric, talk to him and just kill him later - that way you get experience from the quest updating. I guess you might not want to in terms of roleplaying.
  • Bounties, as others have mentioned, are good for XP.
  • Make sure there aren't any other quests or tasks you've missed. I'd say Hard Feelings, The Forgotten, The Final Act, The Theorems of Pandgram and Something Secret can all be a little easy to overlook, either due to quest-givers being out of the way or quests only becoming available after other quests are completed.

In terms of combat:

• Make sure you have and judiciously use the Obsidian Lamp and Iridescent Scarab figurines, the shock attack of the Adra Beetle is particularly nasty if you have people in choke points and the Shades blind people giving significant drops to enemy Reflex and Deflection. By resting often you can make good use of each of these, and they should allow you to take on the Forge Knights and the Sanitarium without too much hassle so long as you use choke points (further, you don't have to do all of Crucible Keep in one, you can go away and rest to break up the fighting).
  • Remember to split and pull large groups, which is particularly easy if you have Shadowing Beyond on your Rogue (i.e. when you use it, enemies at the front which catch up to your position and then turn back, after this enemies at the back will catch up to your position and you are free to break out of invisibility now no longer having to deal with the whole group). This tactic works fine also just by running away, but it can be tricky to get to work - you can leave the other group members out of sight while one does this leg work, then ambush.
  • If you have the money, upgrade items - particularly weapons and shields. Picking an accuracy/damage bonus against an enemy type you're struggling with (i.e. vessel for the Forge Knights and Flesh Constructs) isn't a bad idea either seeing as they're not very expensive.
  • Make use of survival resting bonuses, using whatever is most applicable to your current situation.
  • Remember to do the standard stuff, such as flanking and protecting your casters and support, every fight.
  • Take account of enemy weaknesses (i.e. where they lack DR) when fighting them.

This is all based on my solo PotD efforts, I agree there definitely is a bit of a bottleneck mid Act 2 that can be tricky to overcome, but keep at it and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Edited by Jojobobo