[3.02] GOG Version won't install, gives me notice of corrupted files.

WCMullen

Question

I bought this game back in December and played for about 25 hours. All of a sudden, GOG Galaxy told me the game was corrupt after patch 3.02 came out. I tried to verify the game cache with GOG Galaxy but I got an error where the game was trying to download 18446744 TB of data and finally an "Error: Connection interrupted." I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it using the offline downloader. This time, the game installs to around 10% and just gets stuck there. None of these problems happened before 3.02. Are there corrupted files in patch 3.02 in the GOG version? Am I SOL and need to buy the Steam version instead?

9 answers to this question

I bought this game back in December and played for about 25 hours. All of a sudden, GOG Galaxy told me the game was corrupt after patch 3.02 came out.

I tried to verify the game cache with GOG Galaxy but I got an error where the game was trying to download 18446744 TB of data and finally an "Error: Connection interrupted."

I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it using the offline downloader.

This time, the game installs to around 10% and just gets stuck there. None of these problems happened before 3.02.

Are there corrupted files in patch 3.02 in the GOG version? Am I SOL and need to buy the Steam version instead?

(changed format for my eyes)

Check your antivirus recent activity, could be blocking the files or the access to the installation folder.

If you use Windows give a shot to rebooting your PC. Worked for me with a game lost writing permissions after a Steam update/UAC change.

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

This happened repeatedly to me until I uninstalled Galaxy. I am still having problems with the game crashing occasionally. Truth is that GOG Galaxy is a piece of crap that shouldn't be on your PC, and their installers are working horribly.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Hey WCMullen,

When you are installing the game from the GOG website, please make sure to use the full installers and not the patches. The patches have been known to be very buggy. As Suen has mentioned, if you be your anti-virus interfering with the download/install. Run the install as an admin, that may help.

Thanks!

I reinstalled the game with the downloader link instead of Galaxy. I also made sure to disable my antivirus temporarily. This time, everything worked fine. I bought the game from GOG because it's DRM-free but this time I'm suffering buyer's remorse and kind of wish I got it on Steam. I should be all good to go until Patch 3.03 launches.

• Like 1