UX conflict: swipe to pan versus swipe to roll

Sogarth

Question

I was doing the Brigandoom! scenario on Heroic when I hit a situation where the UX did something unexpected (which is usually considered the wrong thing).

I had four turns left, and Lini found Jubrayl Vhiski at the Academy (8 cards left). It went straight to combat without asking me to temporarily close locations, which confused me, since I thought I still had a location or two open other than the Academy. So the first thing I did was to click on the map button to check out the other locations. Since the map doesn't usually show every location on the screen, I tried to pan... which swiped the dice instead. That led to Lini trying to go mano a mano against Jubrayl with a d4, which, needless to say, did not turn out well for her, which meant I didn't win that scenario (even though I had more than enough blessings, spells, etc. to make it).

That situation needs to be fixed so that it's a lot clearer what's going to happen. Having one action that could potentially do multiple different things, one or more irreversible, is bad.

2 answers to this question

As for the original problem that made you wanna look around, is it possible that your other characters were at locations that were already closed?

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

So the first thing I did was to click on the map button to check out the other locations. Since the map doesn't usually show every location on the screen, I tried to pan... which swiped the dice instead.

Yeah, you know what's ridiculous about this? That when your heroes are not encountering, pretty much all of their powers and all are blocked (they're unactive or unresponsive) while you're on the Map Screen.

However, either me or you is having a bug, because for me the Map button disappears entirely when I encounter a Monster, so I wonder how you managed to do that. (Of course, it makes a lot more sense to be able to use the map screen, but it should hide your check and dice)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.