Loot awarded only on first playthrough ?!?

Longshot11

Question

I completed the 1-5 scenario on Normal with 6 characters. That scenario rewards is the Loot 'Sihedron Medallion'.

Then, in the same party profile, immediately afterwards, I replaced all party members and completed the scenario again, this time on Heroic difficulty. Upon completion none of these characters received the Loot (they all got other cards).

This is a complete mistery to me, as for all other cards the game treats these characters as having separate and different 'boxes' of card (I have Deathbane Crossbow in both parties, for example, even though it's a single card in the Vault). It would be very annoying if all of my characters that I use to replay scenarios turn out to be denied access to Loot.)

I later beat the scenario for the third time, on Legendary, with yet a different character who hasn't completed it before - again, he wasn't granted the Loot but another *bonus* card.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

11 answers to this question

Some cards Are considered unique for the purpose of vault. We just don't know what. You seems to have found some of those uniques cards.

But that's the thing - for all other intents and purposes - there're limitless 'Vaults". The game only checks what's in you current party's decks, and will drop you all other cards, regardless if they're present in the decks of other characters within the same 'save' profile. And I simple don't see a reason why they would change that behaviour for the Loot.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I believe that, when one character gets the Loot (which can then, with trouble, be swapped around), they have ALL been marked as "received reward".  Doesn't which one GETS the Loot, once you've been in a party that RECEIVES the loot, no character in that group can replay the scenario and get the scenario reward.  I'm pretty sure that's the way the tabletop game plays.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I believe that, when one character gets the Loot (which can then, with trouble, be swapped around), they have ALL been marked as "received reward".  Doesn't which one GETS the Loot, once you've been in a party that RECEIVES the loot, no character in that group can replay the scenario and get the scenario reward.  I'm pretty sure that's the way the tabletop game plays.

Yes, but I'm talking about character who haven't completed the scenario before. This setup makes as much sense as "Valeros and Lem completed Scenario X and gained a skill feat. Now, Seoni and Kira complete the Scenario X, but they don't get skill feats, as this scenario's reward was already received".

And to be clear, what I'm saying is, if there's a mixed party, this is what should happen:

For example, Kyra completed Scenario X and gained Sihedron Loot. She then joins with Seoni (who hasn't played this scenario before) and together they beat it. There should be 2 options:

- if Kyra has Sihedron Loot in her deck - the party is not granted another Sihedron, only Seoni gains a new card

- if Kyra doesn't have the Sihedron in her deck - the party is granted the Sihedron Loot (regardless that Kyra has 'received' the scenario reward before). Kyra doesn't get a new card (she already received a reward once), but The Sihedron is granted to Seoni (who doesn't get another new card)

But the party has got it... That is why there is that new party button. Not sure if it is characters. Or is it in the party save where that information is stored.

It is working as planned. You just can not get extra loot items to the same party.

If I don't remember wrong, if you combine two characters From the different party, who both have same loot item, one of them is replace with something else. Or at least that is how it should work according to developers.

But the party has got it... That is why there is that new party button. Not sure if it is characters. Or is it in the party save where that information is stored.

But that's my point - the progress save should be by character, not by party, because "party" doesn't really mean much besides "the guys I'm playing with right now". You saying the following situation would be intended:

- Valeros and Kyra complete Scenario X, get Sihedron Loot

- then, within the same "Party" save, I replace Valeros and Kyra, with Seoni and Sajan, who haven't played Scenario X before

- Seoni and Sajan complete Scenario X, but don't get the Loot (even though they haven't previously had access to it)

- in the same time, I start a new Party save with the experienced Valeros and replay Scenario X

- Valeros completes the Scenario, but because he hasn't got the Sihedron Loot in his deck , he gets rewarded with Sihedron agan (even though he was already rewarded for this scenario once)

This sounds totally counter-intuitive, and not at all in line with any sane approach, if you imagine this as a real card game, and not an app.

• Like 1

Not sure. The only thing that I know sure is that some cards Are unique and They just Are allowed twice (but not exacly how it has been done). But it all depends on what is the place where the information is stored. But I would supose that because valeros has reached the end of scenario X, he personally can not get reward From that scenario. But some one else in his Group propably because They have new vault aka box to take cards...

The testing of all these possibilities would take some time, but it would be interesting to find out truly what would happen!

This has been most interesting conversation so far!

We can mayby reengineer what is really happening, but that would need serious testing.

• Like 1

I get loot just fine on other parties. It seems very consistent, feats attach to characters, loot attaches to the party, and I get why. Bringing one new character shouldn't get you all the loot, that's too much.

If you want more copies of the loot, use a new party.

But that's my point - the progress save should be by character, not by party, because "party" doesn't really mean much besides "the guys I'm playing with right now". You saying the following situation would be intended:

- Valeros and Kyra complete Scenario X, get Sihedron Loot

- then, within the same "Party" save, I replace Valeros and Kyra, with Seoni and Sajan, who haven't played Scenario X before

- Seoni and Sajan complete Scenario X, but don't get the Loot (even though they haven't previously had access to it)

- in the same time, I start a new Party save with the experienced Valeros and replay Scenario X

- Valeros completes the Scenario, but because he hasn't got the Sihedron Loot in his deck , he gets rewarded with Sihedron agan (even though he was already rewarded for this scenario once)

This sounds totally counter-intuitive, and not at all in line with any sane approach, if you imagine this as a real card game, and not an app.

I'm not sure I agree about it not being sane but I would agree it's not in line with the card game. From the perspective of the card game you should gain access to the loot cards every single time you complete a loot card mission unless those cards are in someone's deck already.

But if you want to look at it from a "realistic" perspective (at least as much as you can get from a fantasy card game) -

I agree that the experienced Valeros shouldn't get it again, he was already there and had a chance to loot it.

But within the same save I don't have that much of a problem with it only being awarded once. It would be like within the same "world" in which Valeros and Kyra already looted the unique Sihedron Medallion, if Seoni and Sajan go into the same dungeon they won't find it because it's already been looted.

Honestly while this could have been handled better, there's much bigger problems right now. I'm not even bothering to try to play Seelah or Lini for example because of the bug reports I've seen and a couple of the deck 2 henchmen/villains are just plain broken. And even bugs aside I have concerns about how the games going to handle banishing basics and such down the line so it's hard to get concerned over something like this.

I completed the 1-5 scenario on Normal with 6 characters. That scenario rewards is the Loot 'Sihedron Medallion'.

Then, in the same party profile, immediately afterwards, I replaced all party members and completed the scenario again, this time on Heroic difficulty. Upon completion none of these characters received the Loot (they all got other cards).

This is a complete mistery to me, as for all other cards the game treats these characters as having separate and different 'boxes' of card (I have Deathbane Crossbow in both parties, for example, even though it's a single card in the Vault). It would be very annoying if all of my characters that I use to replay scenarios turn out to be denied access to Loot.)

I later beat the scenario for the third time, on Legendary, with yet a different character who hasn't completed it before - again, he wasn't granted the Loot but another *bonus* card.

I think these adventure rewards are linked to the party and not an individual member of the party, and to be honest, I think it makes perfect sense. If it didn't work like that, then every time we added a new character to the party, we would get another copy of the reward, which could result in multiple copies of them in the same party, when in fact these are considered unique. At least I think this is the case. If you want a new member to have a reward that was earned by another character, can't you simply insert that character in the party and swap the items around? Haven't tried it really, as I only have 3 characters right now, but it sounds like something that should be possible.

Edited by Narkon27