Quest mode benefiting from Adventures purchase?

Well I was wondering about this as well. Quest mode seems to randomly pull villains, henchmen and locations to create each quest. It's possible that quest mode might actually be easier before you unlock stuff if it only pulls from the cards that you own. Since the free B deck cards are pretty much easier than anything from decks 1 and 2.

However one definite benefit to unlocking decks before playing quest mode is that I'm pretty sure at least in terms of boons, you can only encounter boons that you've unlocked. So once you unlock deck 2, that cool new sword card that's in deck 2 should become available as a possible random weapon card to encounter. Now whether you can encounter deck 2 cards right away or only after leveling up a certain amount, I'm still not sure.

Side note - Obsidian really needs to hire me as their guy to come up with ways to limit gold farming because based on my limited understanding of quest mode, I think I just came up with another pretty solid way to easily farm gold for a new player.

Well, as far as I remember Adventure deck 1 isn't free? Asking this because at this moment I haven't bought adventure packs yet I still encounter deck 1 cards, that's why I asked the question. I remember Hannibal writing that Adventure deck numbers are tied to quest character level ( levels 1-10 B/1, 11-20 mostly 2, 21-30 mostly 3) so somekind of clarification here would be nice :)

What comes to the side note I don't think that quest mode farming should be limited - after all it takes about 30mins per quest. Since you get about 150 gold per quest (taking heroic reward for sake of averaging) it takes 5 hours to unlock single character or whole total of 13,5h to unlock adventure pack - This provided you never lose a single quest. So I think it's somewhat balanced at this moment :p

Yes! You will see treasure chest items in the quest mode. I have found Dilettante in the quest mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dl4elmuwoza4lm/Photo%207.5.2016%2023.29.07.png?dl=0

And some more:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zexeggcl9aytf9/Photo%208.5.2016%200.44.34.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys86x9c07ddo64c/Photo%208.5.2016%200.47.56.png?dl=0

In the beta the card appearance was some what more fusier than in Story mode so you could see some card even above you characters levels.

But player guite to quest mode by Obsidian would be nice, but I think that most people Are busy making new tutorials, correcting bugs, making new content etc...

I will try collect all information there is From the beta notes, but that is quite obsolete at this moment.

And there was not much...

Ps. I did find that post... I copied in this discussion.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86677-is-there-any-kind-of-level-scaling-in-the-game/

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Not sure about that. The above link after ps. mark is all that we have about quest mode and it content.

Have you seen card that you don't own?

I have season pass, so I can not say... But it would be guite strange if the content in the quest mode is not tied to your card pool. I have only seen treasure cards that I own. Not others. So that is based on your card pool so deduction says that other cards Are Also tied to your card pool.

All in all we have been gives very Little information about quest mode.

Right, you want to look for the letter or number on the left side of the card right above the text. Like on light crossbow there's a B right next to where it says "weapon". Initially you only get access to B (base set) cards with the free game. If you purchase the character add on pack you then get C cards which are also intended to put in the game right away. With the full $25 purchase you also get the promo cards (P cards) and those (at least in the card game) are added in periodically throughout the story, not sure if you get any right away. The 1 and 2 cards are added when you purchase the additional adventure packs and normally not added into the game until you start those adventures.

So the short version is if you're playing the free game and haven't purchased Burnt Offerings with gold (the 1 deck) then it's including cards that you normally wouldn't have access to yet if you're seeing cards with a 1 instead of a B.

The vault composition of Quest mode is a bit different than Story Mode. It's built to make treasure chest cards more likely to appear and make the each deck or tier more universally balanced (rather than based on theme or specific scenarios). Adventure deck purchases are not required to see cards from story mode decks, but progress to higher decks or tiers should be generally slower than it is in Story Mode.

That all being said, we would love feedback about this. Particularly after the next update is released. Which will be very soon.

• Like 1

The vault composition of Quest mode is a bit different than Story Mode. It's built to make treasure chest cards more likely to appear and make the each deck or tier more universally balanced (rather than based on theme or specific scenarios). Adventure deck purchases are not required to see cards from story mode decks, but progress to higher decks or tiers should be generally slower than it is in Story Mode.

That all being said, we would love feedback about this. Particularly after the next update is released. Which will be very soon.

Hopefully it's addressed in the next patch, the cards being used aren't right. My party is level 19, been playing over and over again. I've see plenty of promos, B and C boons, but nothing above that. On the other hand I have fought deck 2 henchmen and deck 1 villains/hench. 

When I go into the vault from within Quest mode I see only five boons from deck 1 (Frost Sling +1, Kohl of UD, Pot of Invisibility, Chameleon, Menagerie) two from deck 2 (Paralyze, Blackcloth Armor) and haven't encountered a single one of them. Nor have I encountered any non-chest cards from 1. Not much point playing quest rather than grinding Poison Pill legendary solo with Mersi (so it's faster and get the 200 gold a pop). The quest decks are a little under-powered compared to the opponents. 

A little variety might be nice. 

The idea seems to be that you get

1-9 poor guality B stuff

10-19 better quality B stuff like Masterwork tools etc.

20-29 poor quality 1 level stuff and good quality B level stuff

So it most likely is working as it has been planned.

On the other hand heroes gets more skills and powers compared to banes, because you see only level 1 banes at 20-29, not counting Villains and hensmans and you have level 2 powers and cards feats. It actyally may be rather nicely balanced this way... Have to play even more to test that. But yeah, the loot is not Great Until you get to level 20, but that means that boon rewards Are better in higher levels.

In normal game, you have to get level 3-4 Until you get anything better than deathbane crossbow or augury...

So the system is not broken, it is just different.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

The idea seems to be that you get

1-9 poor guality B stuff

10-19 better quality B stuff like Masterwork tools etc.

20-29 poor quality 1 level stuff and good quality B level stuff

So it most likely is working as it has been planned.

On the other hand heroes gets more skills and powers compared to banes, because you see only level 1 banes at 20-29, not counting Villains and hensmans and you have level 2 powers and cards feats. It actyally may be rather nicely balanced this way... Have to play even more to test that. But yeah, the loot is not Great Until you get to level 20, but mean that boon rewards Are better in higher levels.

In normal game, you have to get level 3-4 Until you get anything better than deathbane crossbow or augury...

So the system is not broken, it is just different.

Perhaps. Although it is a hella grind. I think I have played 30+ quest runs and have nothing in my deck I care about compared to Story mode. I feel I am literally playing the same match over and over again except for a different villain. 

I think that is mainly because it takes so long to reach the next tier and it will get longer the further you go. In contrast, each adventure just need 5 scenario clears. I feel that quest mode is mainly for gold acquistion.

In case the Dev team isn't aware the vault in quest mode is somewhat buggy and doesn't display the cards we actually can get in the course of playing quest mode at each different tier. On another note, to differentiate quest mode from story mode further, I think it might be a good idea to not reveal to players the entirety of cards available to obtain at different tier in quest mode. Rather, keeps the novelty of actually finding some good cards at each tier and as they are found, the vault dynamically updates itself with a copy of that card. Do I make sense ?

I'm all for the idea to revamp the decks obtainable at each tier in quest mode so they aren't exactly similar to the adventure decks so it keeps quest mode interesting beside a mindless grind. That is why I actually like it when I get the henchman from adventure pack 3 appearing in my quest mode game at tier 3 and a few other surprise find like the lizard ally card. You can even insert a tiny chance that a random scenario would generate a somewhat higher deck villain and loot card be the reward in such event. Just to keep things refreshing .

And something to do while waiting new adventures!

The dev Also has said that quest mode will get something special, so it is a moving target at this moment.

Hmm, what special are we talking about, stop with the suspense bro ! =D