Questoins about cards in deck vs in the vault

Are cards in a characters deck taken out of the vault, just like in the physical game? Meaning for example, if there are 3 force missiles, and Ezren has all 3 in his deck, you wont see them pop up in scenarios.

My second question, assuming the first answer is yes, is does this only count for members in the active party, or for all currently saved characters?

Finally, when viewing the vault, do the cards and the numbers represented show the total that is available before or after factoring out the ones currently in a deck?

Some things still dont seem to add up for me.

Kyra has the flaming mace +1. Its still shown in the vault. According to the gallery, there should only be 1 of them. Some other cards seem to be following the same behavior, e.g. more of a card in my vault/decks than the gallery suggests. Merisiel even came across the flaming mace +1 but that was at a time when Kyra was out of the party. The flaming mace is still in the vault even with Kyra in the party however suggesting it could still come up.

The vault also seems to reset every time you do an adventure. The cards for deck 1 aren't listed until after you complete a scenario from deck 1. If you complete a scenario from deck B, it goes back to not showing the deck 1 cards. I know the deck 1 cards dont show up in the basic scenarios, but the constantly changing vault causes confusion and doesn't allow you to see the cards for a deck unless your just finished a scenario from that deck.

Yes the vault is dynamic. If you don't have spesific character in your croup there can be new cards in the vault.

The vault change depending on who Are in the party and what those characters Are carrying. So if Kyra has the flaming mace and she is not in the party, the flaming mace appear in the wault. If Kyra comes back, the mace it not in the vault anymore. If someone gets the mace while Kyra is away. And Kyra comes back, there Are now two flaming mace in the Group.

The next time when croup can encounter flaming mace again is when there in none in the current croup.

Hannibal is correct. The vault is all cards available for the current party in play, which includes all cards the party has in play (discard, hand, deck, bury, display). The Gallery includes all cards you own. Making the Vault dynamic (based on character decks) would be possible, but you may run into a similar problem where players look at their vault and think cards are missing because they are in a character deck. We've chosen to make it more of a reference for all the cards available to play, rather than a place to see how many specific cards may be in a location deck.

• Like 1

It sounds like experience with the tabletop version of the game is helpful here. When you build a LOCATION deck, you have a specific number of cards of each type in the deck for 9 total. Then the Villian+Hench get added for 10 (or in some cases some other card like an Ally in that one scenario where you have to acquire allies). 

These cards are RANDOMLY chosen from the box (or vault in the case of the digital game) type by type. You basically shuffle ALL weapons from the box, then randomly pick say 2 of them for the location. Repeat with all the other card types to build locations. Usually when building the location decks you just shuffle all the cards of that type then deal X number of each to location to satisfy. Then the next type etcc... Then shuffle each LOCATION to mix those up. It's a really long setup process, why the digital game is so nice solo. :)

To make a long story short, having 25 "Longsword +1" in the box for the weapons type cards just increases the chance that you will find one of them in a location that has weapons since that one card is starting to become a larger percentage of the weapons in the box.  Or a larger percentage chance that if a barrier or some sort allows you to pull d4 random weapons from the box, larger percentage chance you'll pull a "Longsword +1" as one of them.

I find it hard to believe the "closed chests" that haven't been opened and their cards added to the "vault" increase a chance of anything happening at all. That would be strange.

I will say, after Adventure deck 3 I think it is (in the tabletop version anyway), when you encounter a BASIC attribute boon, like a Shortsword, you MAY remove it from the game. Doing so will remove low powered boons from the box (vault) and start slowly (i turn), bit by bit, step by step, increasing chances of getting better cards each time you encounter a BASIC boon and remove it from the game. The same holds true banes, banes are REQUIRED to remove the BASIC ones, no MAY there. So you're definitely going to start weeding out the low powered banes as you go along into higher adventure decks. Which is dangerous. :) 

Not sure how the digital version is going to deal with the above quite yet. I suppose we'll find out when deck 3 and 4 show up.

• Like 1

It's kinda cheating, but you're only cheating yourself.

I partially agree. If there was competitive or society play, it might be worth blocking this behavior. For single player or cooperative play, it's mostly harmless. Games are for having fun. If bending the power curve is in line with your idea of fun, bend away. If you prefer a harder experience, that's also supported. :)

• Like 2

So if I want two characters to have in their deck a card there is only one copy of, I should acquire it with one character, remove them from my party, then acquire it with the other character.

Fortunately if you were using your own box at home with the tabletop version, you'd be forced by the budget of the box to only use what's in it in the card economy. You'd have to decide who gets to use that unique card if you had say 20 characters built and their decks recorded on a character sheet and tried to use two of them that had the same unique item in a party. It's too bad you can't force a vault budget in the digital version with a toggle, my guess is the logic would be a total pain on that.

Typically if you have the character add-on in the tabletop version, you should build a couple characters or three and store them in the box so that your card pool isn't diluted by the extra basic boons that end up getting in the box.

Just like physical game.

Every active party has its own vault.

You see the active partys vault.

In gallery you see all cards (aka vault before hero decks)

Why then does my vault contain more cards than my gallery?

This is likely a bug. What are you seeing your fault but not in your gallery?

Just like physical game.

Every active party has its own vault.

You see the active partys vault.

In gallery you see all cards (aka vault before hero decks)

Why then does my vault contain more cards than my gallery?

This is likely a bug. What are you seeing your fault but not in your gallery?

That is impossible to tell you as many of the vault decks are unavailable to me. I based my question on the card counts given in each. I show my vault has 899/899 while my gallery shows 894/894. I did manage to find one card in my vault that is not in my gallery. In the 1 deck, in the allies, my vault has Aldern Foxglove while he is not in my gallery.

I also question the arithmetic for arriving at the totals. In my gallery I have 34/35 Henchmen in the 2 deck and in the 3 deck I have 17/18 in the Items. It is not possible for these numbers to total to 894/894. At best it could be 892/894. Yes?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on Adventure Deck 3 and I noticed that I will encounter boon and bane cards from earlier decks like B, C, 1 & 2. This is intentional?

On the flip side, if I replay, say Adventure Deck 2 scenarios for instance, will I be drawing cards from Adventure Deck 3?

Pardon me for asking such a noob question cos my concern is the probability of drawing better cards which are deck specific will be slimmer if earlier decks are included.

Will there be an option to toggle which deck of cards you want to include/exclude in future update? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on Adventure Deck 3 and I noticed that I will encounter boon and bane cards from earlier decks like B, C, 1 & 2. This is intentional?

On the flip side, if I replay, say Adventure Deck 2 scenarios for instance, will I be drawing cards from Adventure Deck 3?

Pardon me for asking such a noob question cos my concern is the probability of drawing better cards which are deck specific will be slimmer if earlier decks are included.

Will there be an option to toggle which deck of cards you want to include/exclude in future update? Thanks.

Yes. If you're playing AD2, Cards from AD2 are added to the "vault" but cards from B, C (if you bought the char packs) and 1 are also in the Vault.  In the physical tabletop version when you get to AD4, you remove BASIC banes (enemies, barriers..) after you banish (defeat) them, and you have the OPTION to remove BASIC boons from the game after you banish them. There will NEVER be a case where you will encounter a card that is a higher level than the adventure deck # you are playing. So, you wont see a "3" card while playing a "2" scenario. At least the tabletop game works this way. (This is what's so GREAT about the digital version, you don't have to remove and add all those cards from the box to switch parties and scenarios of different ADs!!!)

From paizo's rules for the tabletop game:

After you begin The Hook Mountain Massacre, whenever you banish a bane with the Basic trait, remove it from the game; whenever you you banish a boon with the Basic trait, you may remove it from the game. After you begin Sins of the Saviors, do the same for cards with the Elite trait.

Obsidian already said something a little different happens in the digital game, can't recall if they explained it or not. So yes, there's still lower level cards, but eventually they will get removed from the game little by little. Increasing your chances of finding something good, but also increasing your chances of seeing more nefarious banes. And the MAY remove it from the game is key for the boons. On the one hand, removing BASIC's will increase chances of seeing non-BASIC's, but there might be a BASIC you like.. so you don't HAVE to remove it from thee game, you can leave it in the box if you so choose. Banes.. well.. you HAVE to remove those, making mathematical room for bigger badder banes to be encountered.. Muahahaha.

Edited by hfm
  • Like 1

In digital version X % of basic and later y % of elite cards Are randomly removed From the vault. So you may have 3 cures in the vault in one game and 0 in another. Not sure though if the cards Are removed totally random or by how Many there Are originally. Aka if there Are Many of the spesific cards you lose some, but if only one it will stay in the vault... But this is just quessing. The exact math has not been rewealed. Also the online multiplayer may change these further.

• Like 1