Quest Mode - Feats do not award correctly in mixed level parties, leaves characters permanently affected

ArchSenex

Question

Ran into a couple issues when I finished quest mode with a mixed party

First was the Reward card shooting up off-screen (covered in this thread so I won't repeat here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86659-quest-mode-reward-bug/ )

The second, and more concerning, was this:

Start of quest, Valeros, Lini, and Sajan (VL and S) were all Level 4. Seoni Was level 1.

VL and S had gotten their first 3 rewards, so 2 cards, and a Skill Feat, so everything started properly.

Upon completing the scenario, VL and S leveled to 6, while Seoni Reached 4.

Seoni Got her cards, as did the others (took a little doing, see other thread). However, VL and S earned Power Feats, while Seoni should have earned a Skill Feat. The interface came up to allocate power feats to VL and S, and I did so normally. However, then the interface came up for Seoni. While the UI Defaulted to her Skill page, AND the red Plus circles were present, they were non-functional. However, when I selected the page for Power feat, the controls were enabled, and I was able to select a power feat and could then continue.

However, once I returned to the party select screen, Seoni no longer had the power feat, but she also did not get a Skill feat. This leaves her in an inconsistent state, because she's passed the level to get her skill feat, but didn't get it.

Pretty sure it has to do with the interface. No she wasn't dead or anything of the sort. I'm worried I'm going to have to delete her, but also a little annoyed if that means that all parties must be the same level at all times, to avoid running into bugs.

Edited by ArchSenex
  • Like 1

16 answers to this question

I'm having a similar issue - mixed level party on the iPad. Selina is able to pick her gear (lower level) then I go to the next screen. When I select one of the 3 higher level characters, a card appears and flies off the screen. A mini explosion happens, then I'm locked out of any other selection.

I had the same problem (card flying out of screen), and was able to solve it using the following solution : 

=> select the reward for the lower character as normal, but after that don't click immediatly on the "continue" arrow, you must first click on one of the other heroes to select it (even if the hero is red, you should see his aura change slightly to mark it as selected) and only then click the arrow, the reward for this hero and the following should this time be correctly positionned and selectable.

• Like 2

The second, and more concerning, was this:

Start of quest, Valeros, Lini, and Sajan (VL and S) were all Level 4.  Seoni Was level 1.

VL and S had gotten their first 3 rewards, so 2 cards, and a Skill Feat, so everything started properly.

Upon completing the scenario, VL and S leveled to 6, while Seoni Reached 4.

Seoni Got her cards, as did the others (took a little doing, see other thread).  However, VL and S earned Power Feats, while Seoni should have earned a Skill Feat.  The interface came up to allocate power feats to VL and S, and I did so normally.  However, then the interface came up for Seoni.  While the UI Defaulted to her Skill page, AND the red Plus circles were present, they were non-functional.  However, when I selected the page for Power feat, the controls were enabled, and I was able to select a power feat and could then continue.

However, once I returned to the party select screen, Seoni no longer had the power feat, but she also did not get a Skill feat.  This leaves her in an inconsistent state, because she's passed the level to get her skill feat, but didn't get it.

Pretty sure it has to do with the interface.  No she wasn't dead or anything of the sort.  I'm worried I'm going to have to delete her, but also a little annoyed if that means that all parties must be the same level at all times, to avoid running into bugs.

Im having the same problem. Poor Lem leveled up, and now cannot get his skill feat. This is game breaking to me. It feels like I need to start Lem in a totally fresh party, and level him up to others before I can continue on with the party I want

I was having this issue, despite repeated attempts to get it to work (forced shut down and restart). For no reason that I can determine, nor doing anything different this time, I was able to get it going again. There was no new build, nor did anything else change that I can determine. Ya got me what happened.