Quest mode reward bug

Janzu

Question

Hello! I was testing out new quest mode after patch. Initial testing was good, everything worked - until my first character reached level 5. I was playing permadeath (not sure if related, could be since characters had different level up rewards as my another character had met his maker once already) and I finished normal quest. Reward screen showed up as normal however once I got to rewards of Meridiel (lvl 5 now, supposed to get Ally+Power feat) I couldn't continue. Card shows up as normal in reward screen however clicking/tapping it causes it to shoot up offscreen leaving it unreachable. (you can even see the flashy effects coming from offscreen in screenshot)

Screenshot taken at http://imgur.com/TQRy3Ns . This testing was conducted using Bluestacks and it could very well caused by it, however the game has worked so far so well using Bluestacks and even with tablets people are reporting bugs pretty much so I decided to throw this up here, I'm pretty confident that it could (somehow) be reproduced using real tablets, can't test it right now since I don't have access to iPad/Droid at this moment.

21 answers to this question

Ok, just played around a bit more and the issue seems to have resolved itself. The only things I did differently was I chose weapons for the random card reward for Kyra whereas I previously chose spells and blessings. Other thing I did was after getting Kyra's random card reward and before I tapped the blue arrow to the right to continue, I tapped on another character ie Valeros first.

Hey everyone, we are currently looking into the issue, but it appears that Deadfish's workaround will work for now.

Thanks a bunch and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi there! Same thing happened to me too on my iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1. Not playing with permadeath or pass and play. Completed normal Quest; Merisiel, Ezren, and Valeros leveled up to level 5 while Kyra leveled up to level 3. Kyra got her card reward no problems but when either Merisiel, Ezren, or Valeros tried to get their random ally card reward, it would shoot up above the screen and is not collectible. Other characters not selectable. Tried quitting and restarting the app but still happening. Tried restarting iPad but didn't work as well. Can't get past the rewards screen so kinda stuck not able to do new quests.

• Like 1

Ok, just played around a bit more and the issue seems to have resolved itself. The only things I did differently was I chose weapons for the random card reward for Kyra whereas I previously chose spells and blessings. Other thing I did was after getting Kyra's random card reward and before I tapped the blue arrow to the right to continue, I tapped on another character ie Valeros first.

I came to report the same problem but got past it with the hint from Deadfish about selecting another character before clicking the next-button. That just made me run into the next problem though:

After the adventure various characters levelled up so that some would get a pick of cards, some a blessing, some a power feat, and some skill feats.

Picking the card went fine. Getting the blessing ran into the problem already reported in this thread. Getting the power feats went fine. But when getting a skill feat the (+) buttons were disabled and I could instead select a power feat for that character as well. (Although the power screen seemed unable to scroll properly so I couldn't pick from all of the feats.) Once everything was finished I noticed that I hadn't actually gotten the power feat and now instead have a level 3 character without any feat at all.

I had the same issue.  Finished a quest with Ezren and Harsk.  Two music tracks appeared to be overlaid.  Gold was awarded and then Ezren gets ally card and Harsk gets a card.  No matter which character I pick, Harsk goes first.  I pick a card.  Any card.  Doesn’t matter.  I then get to proceed to Ezren.  Ally card shoots up off screen and that’s all she wrote.  Quest mode is broken for me now, because I can’t get past the victory screen.  Hard program restarts don’t matter.  iOS, iPad3.

Other thing I did was after getting Kyra's random card reward and before I tapped the blue arrow to the right to continue, I tapped on another character ie Valeros first.

Fixed +1, While another character is marked as "non-selectable" (cross over it) you can select it and if you do reward will come normally.

So workaround instructions are following: 

1. Select reward for first character.

2. Press card to open and dismiss

3. Select character who has reward bug (even though there might be cross on him)

4. Press continue and proceed normally with rewards.

• Like 1

I am level 10 in quest mode at this moment and no any problems. The quest mode is working like a dream at this moment!

Many thanks to dev team. But I Also have to say that all my characters Are in the same level, so that may be very important factor to my smooth Ride so far.

The only bug that I have met in quest mode was in the farm, hard mode. Scenario power that for every character will be summoned Ancient skeleton hensman, when someone meats a scenario hensman.

The Bruthazmus hensman did broke that scenario power. He should have two checks, but skeleton summons caused his second check to disappear and instead you have more sceletons. So incompatible scenariopowers vs. Hensman. But no any game stopping bugs.

It seems that in story mode and quest mode the situation where not all heroes have same upgrades causes problems. The solution would be to handle every hero individually and not as a croup. It would be slover but it would be much safer, because there would be only same kind of upgrades in each upgrade session.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

None of that worked for me. Any other suggestions? I got the ally reward for my underleveld character, then the pick a card reward, then when it went to the next reward for one of the higher leveled characters it did the card off the screen thing and I can not proceed at all.

None of that worked for me. Any other suggestions? I got the ally reward for my underleveld character, then the pick a card reward, then when it went to the next reward for one of the higher leveled characters it did the card off the screen thing and I can not proceed at all.

Did you press another character before pressing continue after first reward? So far the workaround has been 100% working at least for me and apparently many others, not saying that it can fail also...

Ok so two steps forward, two steps back. So I got it to not do the float off the screen card (didn't realize you meant select a character not getting a reward before proceeding into the screen where they get a reward). Now I have a new bug. After it's done giving my higher level characters all a blessing card, and then letting them pick new powers, it goes back to the underleveled character to let her ad a + to one of her skills, except that's where it stops being functional. Pressing any of the + Icons next to the skills does nothing, selecting other characters and going back to her brings the skills screen back up but it's still not functional, and trying the trick that allowed me to get past the previous bug doesn't work here either.

All in all I wonder if these bugs are specific to the Sorc character as (in another posting) The only reason I have a mismatched party is because when I quested the 1st time with a 4 character party, she was never saved.... At this point I almost wish I could delete all these and start over but I can't get past this quest rewards phase.

Fracturedorb, that's the same thing that happened to me (reported above) and I saw at least one other report of the same. You can get past it by selecting a power for the sorc instead of a skill. You won't get to keep the power though, so the character will be forever short a feat. I'd only do it if you were serious about deleting the character and starting over again.

It's not specific to the sorc either, I got it on the paladin. It seems there are just problems with different characters gaining different levels at the same time. So if you're starting over I'd stick with making sure all of the characters are the same level until the next patch.

Yep, this worked for me as well.

Thanks for working it out =)

One other thing I noticed was that after each app restart and selecting "continue" rewarded me yet again the 100 gold. What I didn't notice was if my gold total increased.

Hey everyone, we are currently looking into the issue, but it appears that Deadfish's workaround will work for now.

Thanks a bunch and sorry for the inconvenience. 

So we have another thread running about this issue over at http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86763-stuck-at-rewards-after-local-heroes/.

In my case, it wasn't to do with Local Heros but instead with a quest much like Deadfish's issue.  His work around however won't work for me, as it does exactly that but its happening when a character is receiving a spell card reward.  So I don't have the option to choose a different kind of reward and definitely am stuck from being able to play quest anymore.  My specs and details are posted in the other thread.

But after seeing this thread and what people have run into, I would say Aarik it prolly does have to do with the spell rewards...  But given that before that spell reward was given and it does the card jump up, I had three other characters that got to choose a boon type for a lower level reward, in my playing with it, I could get any of the reward types none of them would break, and yet then when the 1 higher level character got her spell card, it jumps off screen.

So it may also have to do with the fact that I had characters of different levels in the party, and I have been noticing across the threads that this seems to be the case with a lot these kind of bugs people are running into on the rewards screen.  Just my fellow dev 2 sense, keep up the good work and hope this gets resolved soon so we can get back to questing!

Had same issues with mixed level group being unable to claim level up rewards for the higher level party members because they would fly up off the screen.

The work around that worked for me was to select a party member who was X ( the higher level heroes unavailable for that portion of the reward) so the boarder was glowing around them, before hitting continue.

My thanks to who figured that one out.

Okay, so the work around works for the cards not flying off the screen but doesn't work for getting the skills increased.  I think I'm just going end up deleting those characters as they'll be short a skill feat which is a pretty big deal.