Soulbound procs are to low at 10% - let's give OBS our feedback

The truth is lash+durgan enchanted > any proc. The only character who can make good use of these procs is the barbarian - because of carnage.

I disagree. All carnage attacks are made with a negative 10 accuracy, this forces you to put points into perception at barbarians character creation. Barbarians require intelligence and also resolve, might, dex because they are melee characters. You just don't have enough attribute points available to do that.

I disagree. All carnage attacks are made with a negative 10 accuracy, this forces you to put points into perception at barbarians character creation. Barbarians require intelligence and also resolve, might, dex because they are melee characters. You just don't have enough attribute points available to do that.

Barbarians are fine with 10 resolve so a stat spread like 15 10 14 14 15 10 will work fine. You don't need to max your favoured stats to do well.

Barbarians are fine with 10 resolve so a stat spread like 15 10 14 14 15 10 will work fine. You don't need to max your favoured stats to do well.

10 resolve and 10 con in POTD for a melee character equals you die

10 resolve and 10 con in POTD for a melee character equals you die

Huh weird, cause my current PotD character has 10 Resolve and 10 Constitution and he does fine.

Heck, I've done 3 Resolve and 3 Con (on a Barb, even) and it goes just fine. I'm sure I could also do 3 Dex and 3 Might or something instead and it'd also be fine, just slightly less so. The games not overly rough if you know what you're doing, or aren't trying to do a self-imposed challenge. Especially if you use a Priest, they pretty much make Resolve a near-pointless stat from the start of the game.

Can you explain how a frontline character with 3 res and 3 con doesn't consistantly die on POTD ?

With casters CCing everything before said frontliner leaves stealth, maybe? I mean, that is the only answer I can imagine.

EDIT: Or if said frontliner is a high MIG, high INT fighter stacking all self healing abilities and items possible, and using survival "healing received" bonus. And Wound Binding if health gets too low.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

By mostly doing the things you were doing anyways, really. It's just 35% Endurance and Health penalty, 7 deflection, and 21 Concentration penalty, it's not like it makes a character explode because someone looked at them wrong. You seem to have some idea it turns you into a glass cannon. It's really not that big a deal, not all of those penalties even matter. The deflection is basically pointless, as deflection in small amounts barely moves the needle. The Endurance doesn't matter, as the game gives you plentiful ways to reduce incoming damage to levels healing effects can keep up with it. The concentration can be a real pain though. A priest or the Celebrant gloves fixes that issue though. And health only matters on self imposed challenges.

But those things you'd be doing, a Caster by mid game will keep most the enemy on CC lock without even using cheap tactics like stealth opens or dragging mobs from spawn or kiting or whatever. (If you don't mind doing those, even better!). Or a Priest can just buff the team to make those stats not matter. A chanter with Ancestor's Memory, team taking Fighter class feat, and Consicrated Ground will largely make bleeding out to health loss a more likely case than ever actually hitting 0 endurance. Roll over the mobs with weapons that Stun/Prone on crit, use interrupt builds; defenses don't matter when the enemy isn't hitting back.

It's only ever an issue in Act 1, when you don't have many tricks, and have to fight all fair and other nonsense. Luckily, none of these stats affect DR, so you can still have sky high DR even if dumping the two defensive stats. Even better, DR scales for crap in the game, so your DR in Act 1 is way closer to max power than say, your CC skills. Or the mobs damage. Just take the three fanfic dorks Plate Mail in Gilded vale, enchant it to Fine, slap on some Blunting Belts, and wee, everything's doing min damage.

And that's just early game. After Act 1, you get to power up with random minimal combat sidequests in Defiance Bay, letting you jump right to level 8 with exceptional gear and shiny accessories. And pretty soon, the unfair powers start rolling in, and the enemy ceases to ever actually be a threat.

This is all assuming you're trying to make a good party and play style, of course. If you've some self-imposed limitations, it could def introduce some issues, but no one really knows about that by ones self, as it's not the norm.

Edited by Teioh_White

By mostly doing the things you were doing anyways, really. It's just 35% Endurance and Health penalty, 7 deflection, and 21 Concentration penalty, it's not like it makes a character explode because someone looked at them wrong. You seem to have some idea it turns you into a glass cannon. It's really not that big a deal, not all of those penalties even matter. The deflection is basically pointless, as deflection in small amounts barely moves the needle. The Endurance doesn't matter, as the game gives you plentiful ways to reduce incoming damage to levels healing effects can keep up with it. The concentration can be a real pain though. A priest or the Celebrant gloves fixes that issue though. And health only matters on self imposed challenges.

But those things you'd be doing, a Caster by mid game will keep most the enemy on CC lock without even using cheap tactics like stealth opens or dragging mobs from spawn or kiting or whatever. (If you don't mind doing those, even better!). Or a Priest can just buff the team to make those stats not matter. A chanter with Ancestor's Memory, team taking Fighter class feat, and Consicrated Ground will largely make bleeding out to health loss a more likely case than ever actually hitting 0 endurance. Roll over the mobs with weapons that Stun/Prone on crit, use interrupt builds; defenses don't matter when the enemy isn't hitting back.

It's only ever an issue in Act 1, when you don't have many tricks, and have to fight all fair and other nonsense. Luckily, none of these stats affect DR, so you can still have sky high DR even if dumping the two defensive stats. Even better, DR scales for crap in the game, so your DR in Act 1 is way closer to max power than say, your CC skills. Or the mobs damage. Just take the three fanfic dorks Plate Mail in Gilded vale, enchant it to Fine, slap on some Blunting Belts, and wee, everything's doing min damage.

And that's just early game. After Act 1, you get to power up with random minimal combat sidequests in Defiance Bay, letting you jump right to level 8 with exceptional gear and shiny accessories. And pretty soon, the unfair powers start rolling in, and the enemy ceases to ever actually be a threat.

This is all assuming you're trying to make a good party and play style, of course. If you've some self-imposed limitations, it could def introduce some issues, but no one really knows about that by ones self, as it's not the norm.

Ok. Having a lower health pool, endurance and deflection doesn't matter.......................right Edited by Kingsman

Deflection is easy to buff to the extent that the amount you get from resolve becomes barely noticeable. Endurance is, as Teioh says, a non-issue when you have good DR, and anyway the malus from tanking Constitution is not that big (similarly the bonus isn't that big for raising is).

There's only really one class I value Con on and that's the Monk, since there I need to take damage and need a big health pool to avoid having to rest too often.

But really Kingsman, the thing that should convince you is that plenty of people do indeed play on PotD with either 10s or 3s in Con and Res.

I personnally don't like to minimize stat beyond 10, sometimes 8 or a few 6.

However, resolve is rather easy to dump. The main risk is concentration, but a priest with holy meditation or Crown of the faithful will solve your need.

-35% hp is harsh. You have way to work around, but I doubt it worth the trouble.

Yeah, as we get enough points to max two stats and leave the other 4 at 10, I just choose two to focus on, and leave the rest at base 10. I just think of it as choosing two 'favored' stats. I tend to play under self imposed limitations, as otherwise the games too easy.

Also just want to re-iterate the endurance penalty isn't really a big deal. DR early game is so massive compared to incoming damage, endurance rarely comes up. And past Act 3 we get so many cool tools, it's very rare to ever drop below 50% endurance, short of tanking a Dragon Breath or something. The lack of health is annoying if you're limiting your rests though, which is why I tend to favor con on my house rules of 3 rests per Act.

Edited by Teioh_White

• 3 weeks later...

I've rolled numerous characters and tried to take advantage of the soulbound procs, they just don't work.

I have tried so hard to make them work but the 10% proc rate on a hit or crit is completely pointless. When you look at it from a attack/ proc ratio these items will proc roughly one in every 20 times you attack due to not proccing on grazes and misses and the enemies get a chance to resist the proc even if it does go off due to getting a save vs will, fort ect...

I'm seriously annoyed at this. Obsidian you done all this work creating these items but they are borderline useless.

Can we please get these proc chances increased in following patches.

I've rolled numerous characters and tried to take advantage of the soulbound procs, they just don't work.

I have tried so hard to make them work but the 10% proc rate on a hit or crit is completely pointless. When you look at it from a attack/ proc ratio these items will proc roughly one in every 20 times you attack due to not proccing on grazes and misses and the enemies get a chance to resist the proc even if it does go off due to getting a save vs will, fort ect...

I'm seriously annoyed at this. Obsidian you done all this work creating these items but they are borderline useless.

Can we please get these proc chances increased in following patches.

There is an argument going around that these soul bounds work better with barbarians due to carnage though I am sure it was not intended for soulbounds to only be useful to barbarians, currently where it stands excluding stormcaller on a ranger and the redeemer for Vessels.

Merged - you made a 100% identical topic a month ago. Of course feel free to continue the discussion and/or criticise. I don't have enough experience with soulbound weapons to say either way (although Stormcaller of course is exceptionally powerful).