I have a question about questing, If I am in story mode with a party, can I use the same Party to quest? If so, how do I do this?

Just wondering for when I get the patch. Although I have resolved to NOT DL the patch right away so that I can take advantage of the 200 gold to get me another 48 Treasures. ;)

They develop in different ways. In story you resolve scenarios and get boons and rewards.

In quest mode you collect experience and gets levels like normal roleplaying system (level based though).

So the development is not compatible.

But you will like the quest mode! It is really cool as soon as They get it working!

In anyway the quest mode is much more fun than farming, because there is different kind of development in there. I played it a lot in the beta. Started new Group and played, forsed to start again because of bug and played again and so on. It was so fun!

In the end of beta it was actually very good and a nice way of getting more From your opened characters. It is like getting two different game in the price of one. Some combinations were definitely a Little weird but those Villains Are not always right in their heads anyway, so It kind of suits quite nicely :-)

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

In anyway the quest mode is much more fun than farming, because there is different kind of development in there. I played it a lot in the beta. Started new Group and played, forsed to start again because of bug and played again and so on. It was so fun!

In the end of beta it was actually very good and a nice way of getting more From your opened characters. It is like getting two different game in the price of one. Some combinations were definitely a Little weird but those Villains Are not always right in their heads anyway, so It kind of suits quite nicely :-)

How high a level can you get your guys Questing? I assume it caps out at some level equal to however far you've gotten in the Story mode (or dependent on purchasing those areas when they are released or something...)

Quest mode has been broken for me.  I know Obsidian is working on that, so I'm not too worried.  What worries me is that I was expecting to be able to grind my story party by questing once it's fixed.  If that is not an option, there seems to be little I can do when I can't get past a story scenario.  Questing might be fun, but if you can't use the same characters I'm less impressed already.  

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Quest mode has been broken for me.  I know Obsidian is working on that, so I'm not too worried.  What worries me is that I was expecting to be able to grind my story party by questing once it's fixed.  If that is not an option, there seems to be little I can do when I can't get past a story scenario.  Questing might be fun, but if you can't use the same characters I'm less impressed already.  

If you're stuck on a story scenario, just keep running scenarios from that same adventure tier. The higher-level bits and pieces you pick up will help you progress, and you keep everything you find on a run whether you win or lose, so you're always advancing one way or another.

You'd be doing basically the same thing if you could take your characters across to the Quest mode, with the difference this way being that you can practice on the specific scenario you're having trouble with while you're collecting this stuff.

• Like 1

If you're stuck on a story scenario, just keep running scenarios from that same adventure tier. The higher-level bits and pieces you pick up will help you progress, and you keep everything you find on a run whether you win or lose, so you're always advancing one way or another.

You'd be doing basically the same thing if you could take your characters across to the Quest mode, with the difference this way being that you can practice on the specific scenario you're having trouble with while you're collecting this stuff.

This.

Do not underestimate getting better gear.

If you are struggling with scenarios pretty consistently, you might need to change up your strategies. Making sure the right character is at the right location for a closing check. Try splitting the party up. Save blessings for Villains Henchman and closing. Guards are actually pretty cool if you find yourself failing combat checks a lot.

Rise of the Runelords is commonly referred to as the easiest of the 3 box sets available.

I like the title of the thread. :)

First attempt at a quest last night after the update and everything seems to work now. I gave up after turn 15 because it was going nowhere and my eyes were tired. Going to try again today.

Edited by Narkon27

Okay, that didn't last long. Apparently, not everything is fine. Turn 2 on my quest, Kyra encounters a Bugbear. There is a card active with the "all Goblins get +1D4 to difficulty". The dice is rolled, it shows 2 (I think), aaaand...... nothing happens. I quit and enter again the quest, but now even the Bugbear is bugged (you have to love the irony of a bugged Bugbear). It is sitting on top of the location deck and nothing works.

Edited by Narkon27

Yep... I play with heoroic because it is more fun. In normal level... Easy gold!

So far quest mode has been working very nicely. There was very trange summon zombie skeletons bug that conflicts with Bruthazmus with two checks. It happened in the farm. The second check was never aplied correctly.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV