UPDATE: Patch 1.0.2 Submitted

Flounder

Question

Hi Folks, 

We just submitted a patch build to Apple and Google so that your Cinco de Mayo will be a better experience.  

Google seems to have a pretty quick turnaround but submissions to Apple could take up to 3 days to publish.  We don't think it will take that long for iOS but it is out of our hands now.

Fixed:

- Quest Mode - Now with more "working!"  We found an issue where Blessings were misappropriated depending on party size and would make it unplayable IF it didn't outright crash.

- Duplicate Party Members - Pushing out experienced party members and causing a possible progression block.  The Dopplegangers have been smote.  Anybody who had a crashed screen will be resolved.

- Daily Gold - Counter should be working properly.  More importantly, you can actually collect gold.  This didn't affect everybody but it was very annoying to those it did affect.  In the near future:  We are moving the collection of gold to be on the opening screen in addition to the store's main screen.  Since it wasn't delivered on logging into the game and needed to be tapped-on, there was some unintuitiveness.

- Gold Exploit - There was a way to generate a lot of money by taking some highly geared individuals into some low level scenarios and constantly get a one time reward.  Making it not very one-time.

Enjoy! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

-Team Pathfinder

• Like 6

I had never heard that the first patch would make the game available for phones, but it IS on their list of things to do.

Edited by da_mayor

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I just misunderstood they saying they didn't intend to lock out phones. I thought they meant they inadvertently flagged phones out while they probably intended that Apple's policies forced them to block installation on iPhones, while they were able to allow it on android phones, even though a proper phone interface is in the works for a later update.

• Like 1

I'd love to have it available on the iPhone so I can collect my daily gold if nothing else.

I don't really agree that the UI wouldn't work on the iPhone, there's much fiddlier games out there that people still play, including real-time (as opposed to turn based) ones.

Honestly, I play this fine on my Android phone.  However, to OPTIMIZE the UI so that phones are a viable medium for everyone (I'm kind of near-sighted, so reading the small print is easy for me), it'll take some significiant coding.  And apparently, Apple decides that if it's not SUPPORTED for iPhones, it shall not be DISTRIBUTED to iPhones, whether it'd work just fine or not.

I see that the game is still unavailable on iPhone. I thought you said you didn't mean to lock out phones and in fact the game is available for download on android phones, but not on iPhones. i thought this first bugs-fixing patch could be a chance to allow game installation on iPhones too.

i know the UI isn't optimized for phones, but some of us that know the game well and don't have iPads would really love to start playing even with a not-ideal UI.

I've seen it on a 5" Android phone and it's not that bad. It surely is better than not being able to play.

Processor and ram will be a big issue on iphone.

I have been trying to play on ipad mini 1st gen. Have repeated crashes where it goes back to the desktop and then has to reload.

Pretty unplayable.

Have been playing on my laptop with a android emulator instead and that goes great.

In short, if you do get it on your phone dont complain if you can't play

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

For some reason Android does not show update available. Could it be region based limit, so that in some regions the google store has not been updated?

Ps. Is there any easy way of checking the version Number inside the app. The app store says still that it is version 1.00 but it would be nice to check it anyway.

Same deal here.  I remember receiving an update through the store, but the version is still reported as 1.0.0.  I can only assume the developers know this and they're spending every waking moment attending to fix it.

There was an oversight when they generated the first patch that didn't change the version number.  There WAS a patch, it DID fix some stuff, and the NEXT patch will actually admit to being a new version of the software.  B-)

• Like 1