Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UPDATE: Patch 1.0.2 Submitted

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Feywood

Feywood

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts

We are working on changes to make farming the same level less attractive. :)

One way to deal with it:

Replaying story scenarios on any difficulty would reward 100g maximum, the idea being that the official adventures exist for people who primarily want to experience the scripted story and scenarios, and to acquire items from specific adventure decks to take on those particular challenges, while still getting some form of monetary reward.

Quest mode, on the other hand, could pay out up to 200g at legendary difficulty, because each run is randomly generated and thus there's no specific "easy mode scenario" to farm. People who want to earn gold above all else would be directed towards this option.

Edited by Feywood, 06 May 2016 - 10:36 AM.

Kgk4569

Kgk4569

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Steam:Kgk4569

We are working on changes to make farming the same level less attractive. :)

Quest mode, on the other hand, could pay out up to 200g at legendary difficulty, because each run is randomly generated and thus there's no specific "easy mode scenario" to farm. People who want to earn gold above all else would be directed towards this option.

I could live with that.

Flounder

Flounder

Producer, Pathfinder Adventures

• Developers
  • 180 posts

It has been published by Apple and Google.  Enjoy!

• PinkRose and Mysterio like this

Mysterio

Mysterio

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

On iOS, despite updating it, the game still thinks it needs the update.   ;(

Edited by Mysterio, 06 May 2016 - 03:07 PM.

Daichi09

Daichi09

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Fixed:

- Gold Exploit - There was a way to generate a lot of money by taking some highly geared individuals into some low level scenarios and constantly get a one time reward.  Making it not very one-time.

Exploit? Really? I have a hard time seeing this as an issue that needs to be fixed. Even if it's "easier", there is still a big time investment that is involved just to get 100 gold.

Like you still need to corner the villain and defeat them.

I don't even think all the wildcards are fairly balanced in Legendary to begin with.

kdl88

kdl88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

On iOS, despite updating it, the game still thinks it needs the update.   ;(

I'm having this issue as well. Any suggestions?

Gosenbach

Gosenbach

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hi. After updating, the game thinks it is still out of date. Which means no access to the store, no chests, no earning gold..... Any suggestions? Thanks.

kdl88

kdl88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

On iOS, despite updating it, the game still thinks it needs the update. ;(

I'm having this issue as well. Any suggestions?
Can the game be uninstalled and reinstalled without losing characters or progress?

Edit: my version is 444-20160505 FWIW...

Edited by kdl88, 06 May 2016 - 03:17 PM.

FunkamusPrime

FunkamusPrime

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm having the same problem.  On iPad, update, close the app, restart the device, still says I need to update.  The Store will not let me download again, it just says "Open".

Is it safe to delete the app and re-download, or will I lose my save file?

troutman1966

troutman1966

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
Installed iOS update, and like the others posted, the game thinks I still need an update. Can't access store.

Quest finally works, but says I have to be connected to social media to collect gold. What does that mean?

In quest mode, when experienced is selected, multiple versions of Kyra and Meriseil appear with numbers going up from 1-6. What does that mean?

The update made things worse?

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3224 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey everyone,

Try closing out the app after updating and see if that works. 

If you uninstall the game, your save data will be gone and you will lose your progress. Items you purchased with gold or money will still be there. 

Thanks!

troutman1966

troutman1966

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
Closing the app, and restarting the iPad had no effect.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3224 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Sorry that didnt work, try this.

Close out the game completely, Go into the App Store, and then to update and update the game manually. Then go back into the game. 

Mysterio

Mysterio

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
I downloaded the update with the app being closed. After the update finished, I launched the app and app said it needed to be updated. Closed the app and relaunched several times with the same result.

Is there something on your end that's checking the version of the app before it allows it to connect to your servers? If so, perhaps the information isn't matching.

kdl88

kdl88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts
Already tried closing the app.

Gosenbach

Gosenbach

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Hey everyone,

If you uninstall the game, your save data will be gone and you will lose your progress. Items you purchased with gold or money will still be there. 

Thanks!

Including items unlocked from buying chests? I don't mind starting the characters over but losing all those chest unlocks would be painful.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3224 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Including items unlocked from buying chests? I don't mind starting the characters over but losing all those chest unlocks would be painful.

Items unlocked by chests will still be there!

troutman1966

troutman1966

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
Seems to be working now after closing and opening from store update.

kdl88

kdl88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

Sorry that didnt work, try this.

Close out the game completely, Go into the App Store, and then to update and update the game manually. Then go back into the game.

Once the game has been updated there is no way to force iOS to reinstall without first deleting the game.

kdl88

kdl88

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 38 posts

Seems to be working now after closing and opening from store update.

Mine is suddenly working. Server side change perhaps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users