The card discriptors could also use some explanation. Like:

- How is an elite card different from a non-elite?

- What exactly does Veteran mean? (I've figured that one out by now, but "Adventure Deck Number" is not a very intuitive description)

- Can I use Dex for a finesse weapon like in the taletop RPG? (The answer is "no" from my testing.)

Stuff like that should appear somewhere in the rules for easy reference.

Yes, being such a person, I would appreciate a side by side of a bronze and a gold card to see if I can tell the difference.

Best I can do on short notice.

Edit:  Bronze/Common's on the left, Gold/Legendary is on the right.  The difference is much less subtle than the two silvers, as the bronze has no filigree at all, and the gold has gobs of it.

post-47328-0-57245300-1462630407_thumb.jpg

Edited by da_mayor
  • Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Ok.,so They Are good. A Little more difference between rare and epic would be nice. I Also can recognice those common and legendary apart, so They seems to be fine.

These Are minor thing and don't affect the game play. But some people Are collectors and try to collect all cards, so for them I will be nice to tell them apart.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

The card discriptors could also use some explanation. Like:

- How is an elite card different from a non-elite?

- What exactly does Veteran mean? (I've figured that one out by now, but "Adventure Deck Number" is not a very intuitive description)

- Can I use Dex for a finesse weapon like in the taletop RPG? (The answer is "no" from my testing.)

Stuff like that should appear somewhere in the rules for easy reference.

Traits don't mean much by themselves; they all exist for use with powers and other rules.  Some of them have regular applications, but many are just there.  For these three:

Elite cards can be removed from the game eventually (later than Basics in standard play).

Veteran means that the card has a power that keys off of adventure deck numbers.  Most of the ones in RotR add the Scenario's adventure deck number to the difficulty of checks.

Finesse, like Piercing, 2-Handed, and most of the other Weapon traits, is only used by other powers.  Jirelle the Swashbuckler from Skull and Shackles has the Melee skill only for use with Finesse trait cards, for example.  None of the RotR characters in the physical game have a Finesse power.

If it's any consolation, none of that appears in the physical game's rules either.

Edited by Parody
  • Like 1

Added: I didn't notice the difference between silver cards until it was pointed out here.  It's too subtle if you actually care about people noticing.  As far as rarity levels go I would have gone with the standard Common/Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare, which keeps the terms separate from ones used in the game. ::shrug::

Totally agree with this.

Don't reuse terms. There is no reason.

There are a multitude of disparate terms one can adopt for expressing characteristics.  

(this post brought to you by http://www.thesaurus.com/ )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It's been a while since the thread was last updated. Thank you for pointing out the filigree difference between rare ans epic cards because I was honestly trying to see a difference in the colour of a card trim which was never there. However, while browsing my gallery, I discovered yet another pattern of card trimming:

2z9bg9kpzcmey08q67su9284p.jpg

What does it stand for? Just to be precise I'm talking about the digital version of the game for Android. 

And here's how epic and rare card filigrees look:

i1scg9mv2u6vtn8cux395rl9q.jpg

So, as you can see the difference is great.

Can anyone shed some light on the topic?

I think the silver trimming may be a bug. I also saw it on a Grindylow

No, I don't think it is.

The new filagree seems to differentiate Reward Treasure cards and Promo cards from the Treasure Cards you find in packs.

Nice!   :)

Yeah, I saw an updated filigree on the Poog promo card last night.

I love the change in borders as cards become more rare.  It's confusing, though, and even moreso when it changes.  Would love to just see the rarity written somewhere on the card as well as the border changes.  May just be me though.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

I think the silver trimming may be a bug. I also saw it on a Grindylow

No, I don't think it is.

The new filagree seems to differentiate Reward Treasure cards and Promo cards from the Treasure Cards you find in packs.

Nice!   :)

Yeah, I saw an updated filigree on the Poog promo card last night.

I love the change in borders as cards become more rare.  It's confusing, though, and even moreso when it changes.  Would love to just see the rarity written somewhere on the card as well as the border changes.  May just be me though.

Thanks for the answers though I can't recall being rewarded with Samisen on the screenshot in my post  :skeptical: Anyway, I also would love to see card rarity section in the Rules. Would be great.

• Like 1

xodwsc4dyaoq8s0agcbsgbuz6.png

4hq83tvgxhy1a3pbg69z6069a.png

The mystery with the filigree's unveiled. As is often the case, it's been unveiled by chance.  :) There has always been that 'Card Reward' button at the bottom of each adventure description and I just somehow failed to notice it all the time.  :w00t:  Each adventure has this kind of card. Well, the description on the cards is self-explanatory so nothing to add to this.

• Like 1