I only know that gold is a legendary card. The rest we need to find out...

The ? Mark means that the card is not yet in your vault aka box. You need more treasure boxes for those... When you get that card, you will see the real picture of that card. You can call them card place holders if you like. I call the teasers :-)

Gold is Legendary, Silver is Rare, Bronze is Common(?).  Black is to-be-unlocked-some-other-way (like Legendary Adventure Rewards, for example.

So for example, in B Weapons, the Ranseur is copper-lined, and is common.  Also in B Weapons, the Battleaxe +1 is silver-lined, and thus rare.  The Nine Lives Stealer (Weapon in deck 4) is gold-lined, and is Legendary.

If you see a blank card with a ? in the middle, that's a card that hasn't yet been unlocked.  If it has a copper, silver, or gold lining, it's unlocked by buying chests.  But if it's black, it unlocks some other way.  The Samisen, Orik's Shield, and the Skinsaw Mask are obvious examples, and you unlock these by completing Adventures B, 1, and 2 respectively in Legendary mode.

In B Blessings, they show Blessing of Milani and Blessing of Cayden Cailean.  I have no idea how you unlock those.  I asked once and never got a straight answer.

• Like 4

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Gold Border is Legendary

Silver border with more filigree is Epic

Silver Border is Rare

Bronze Border is Uncommon

Dad blammit!  Now I have to go through and see if I have any Epic cards.

(*grumbleskim*)

Aha!  Potion of Secrets is Epic!  And Flask of Force!  And Catskin Leather!!  AND GOZREH'S TRIDENT!  Well, obviously Song of Hawkmoon is Epic.  Oooh.  Flask of Firestorm (which feels like it should have the Alchemical trait)...  And that's all I've got.  No Legendary, six epic, several rare, buncha common.

For a side-by-side contrast of Epic vs. Rare, go to the Gallery, set Treasure to AVAILBLE, and check deck 1 items.  The Orb of Shocking is Epic, and the Potion of Invisibility is Rare.  Check the bottom right corner of each and you'll get a good visual.  The top right (where the Questionmark is if you don't have the cards in question) is also subtly different.

Aha!  Potion of Secrets is Epic!  And Flask of Force!  And Catskin Leather!!  AND GOZREH'S TRIDENT!  Well, obviously Song of Hawkmoon is Epic.  Oooh.  Flask of Firestorm (which feels like it should have the Alchemical trait)...  And that's all I've got.  No Legendary, six epic, several rare, buncha common.

For a side-by-side contrast of Epic vs. Rare, go to the Gallery, set Treasure to AVAILBLE, and check deck 1 items.  The Orb of Shocking is Epic, and the Potion of Invisibility is Rare.  Check the bottom right corner of each and you'll get a good visual.  The top right (where the Questionmark is if you don't have the cards in question) is also subtly different.

So would you guys (and gals) say that telling the difference between rare and epic is difficult?

Well, I definitely didn't know there WAS a difference until it was pointed out.  Once it was pointed out, it was reasonably visible.  Personally, I'd've probably gone with Copper - Common, Silver - Rare, Gold - Epic, Angelic White - Legendary or some such thing.  Keep the same degrees of filigree, though.

So would you guys (and gals) say that telling the difference between rare and epic is difficult?

YUP!

Maybe make the borders thicker? Bronze vs. Gold may be an issue for people who are color impaired too.

Maybe adopt the borderlands rarity system? OR just have the cards be sortable by rarity inside the categories, not just default alphabetical.

Can someone post a pic of what Epic looks like?

Edited by Kgk4569
  • Like 1

Yes I can...

On the left is Epic.  Note the wee thumb of filigree sticking out on the top left, and the expanded filiigree in the bottom right corner.

On the right is Rare, for comparison.

post-47328-0-24936200-1462479689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Since I've got this up, here's what it looks like with actually unlocked cards.  Quarterstaff +1 is rare.  Potion of Secrets is Epic.

post-47328-0-86554000-1462480307_thumb.jpg

post-47328-0-13815300-1462480322_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Why aren't silver ones called Heroic?

Why use Legendary as a term when Legendary already means something?

Heroic has a very specific use in the Pathfinder universe in relation to items. Legendary is a generic enough term for super, duper, difficult to beat/acquire that it works well for it.

Well, I definitely didn't know there WAS a difference until it was pointed out.  Once it was pointed out, it was reasonably visible.  Personally, I'd've probably gone with Copper - Common, Silver - Rare, Gold - Epic, Angelic White - Legendary or some such thing.  Keep the same degrees of filigree, though.

I'll look into the tutorial portions related to this, it should be explained more explicitly. 

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

YUP!

Maybe make the borders thicker? Bronze vs. Gold may be an issue for people who are color impaired too.

Maybe adopt the borderlands rarity system? OR just have the cards be sortable by rarity inside the categories, not just default alphabetical.

Can someone post a pic of what Epic looks like?

Yes, being such a person, I would appreciate a side by side of a bronze and a gold card to see if I can tell the difference.

You have plenty of room and text space in the Gallery/Vault, so don't skimp on them.  You could overlay icons and/or text to explain what's going on with unlocked cards, much like the quantity overlays.  Brainstorming:

All unlockable cards have a Source icon that shows graphically how they were acquired.  Source icons float over or next to appropriate cards in the Gallery/Vault, much like the quantity overlay.  Lower left, below the bottom center, or middle right (at the end of the "Powers" bar) may be appropriate locations.  When you zoom in, the overlay moves to below the card (if not there already) and text appears to summarize what the overlay represents.  This new little extension to the zoomed-in Gallery/Vault view could also include the quantity count.

Cards that come from chests have a chest icon, colored to show rarity.  When you zoom in, the chest icon and rarity text are shown under the card.

Cards that come from completing the adventures on the highest difficulty have a skull icon.  ("Adventure"?)

Other sources (Quests?) would have similar icons and text of some kind.

Added: I didn't notice the difference between silver cards until it was pointed out here.  It's too subtle if you actually care about people noticing.  As far as rarity levels go I would have gone with the standard Common/Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare, which keeps the terms separate from ones used in the game. ::shrug::

Edited by Parody
  • Like 1