Playing on multiple Android devices

Palarith

Question

19 answers to this question

The first things the devs are going to say is "Phones aren't yet supported."  However, it sounds like you're having no problems.

Currently, save games are local to each device (they're working on "cloud save", but not yet).

Purchases (should) sync across devices using the same Google Play login.  So do gold totals.  I purchased the Bundle on my Android tablet, and all the content was available on my (unsupported) Android phone.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Purchases sync, save games and character vault don't.

But the information is stored on your sdcard ( in /sdcard/Android/data/net.obsidian.pacg1/files ). Personally I'm using an SSH server on my different android devices, in combination with Beyond Compare on my PC, to copy the files between my android devices using SFTP.

This really sucks.  Game saves should have been on their cloud servers from the START.

I am playing on four devices and now my progress is all over the place!

Pretty sure "the cloud" was already an industry standard two years ago when they started

building this.  Great scalability planning Obsidian.

Drive Sync solves this problem.

I'm playing on my tablet, phone and PC Emulator and it works great.

Create a folder on your Google Drive.

Install DriveSync on your Android devices.

Link it to the save folder on your android devices. Android / data / net.obsidian.pacg1 / files / PACG!_SAVE_GAMES

Autosync.

Profit!

• Like 1

Link it to the save folder on your android devices. Android / data / net.obsidian.pacg1 / files / PACG!_SAVE_GAMES

Autosync.

Profit!

I was wondering if that worked, I told someone to experiment with it. I only have and use one device so I hadn't tried it.

• Like 1

Autosync.

Profit!

Cool! Thanks for this post! I will give this a shot when I get home tonight.

PinkRose, you should write up a guide and see if they will pin it. Just make sure to include a disclaimer like:

DISCLAIMER: This is not an official method to share saves across multiple devices. Obsidian is not responsible for any data lost or corrupted in this manner, use at your own risk.

And don't use same account at different devices at the same time!

It can cause real havok!

Yeah, I had this problem already. I didn't know the app was still running on my phone and it overwrote progress on my tablet. (At least I'm assuming that's what happened). I'm going to hard close the app every time I'm done playing for the time being and hope nothing else funny happens.

I haven't had any problem with not hard closing the apps.

With the new patch coming next week it seems like that should cover this officially.

If it doesn't, than I'll write something a bit more exact, but it seems to work for at least one person.

I haven't had any problem with not hard closing the apps.

With the new patch coming next week it seems like that should cover this officially.

If it doesn't, than I'll write something a bit more exact, but it seems to work for at least one person.

I've only had my new tablet a few days and just noticed that while it was set to sync to the network, the timezone was incorrect. I fixed it which borked things once again. I'm hoping that was root cause in all of this, but I'm not so sure since my tablet was in a further ahead timezone that was the file that was written over both times. Anyhow, it seems that twice now, I've jumped back in time on my main Adventure playthrough. I also might be going back and forth between devices too quickly. How often do you have it set to autosync?

I'm fine to hobble along this way until the patch comes out. I had terrible luck replaying the scenario that I had just finished and subsequently ran out of time and had to restart from scratch. What's kind of funny though is that the end scenario (when I did finish successfully the second time) had a reward of random items. Each of my characters got the exact same item as my first successful attempt. There must be a stored hash or something.

Can I linked my pathfinder game from Ipad to Android like some other games linking to other device?
I am so excited and purchased the bundle from my Ipad Mini 1st gen.  And it always crashes and then I realized that it is better to run it to Ipad Mini 3 and up.
I would like to upgrade my mini Ipad for the game but instead can I link it to my samsung Note3? 

thanks in advance.

Autosync.

Profit!

I've been doing this manually and can confirm that it works.  However, it may have contributed to a bug I've found where experienced players disappear.  Use with caution.

• Like 1