Next Update Request: Skip roll if auto pass

If possibly, could you please add the logic to skip past the dice roll of some checks (or maybe all of them) if the minimum number possible would beat the check?  

For example, Ezren should be able to auto-recharge a Mending spell once he gets a few +INT and his powers to boost his recharge roll.  

Thanks!

• Like 2

I have Ilsoari on Merisiel, just so I can always evade the Sandpoint Devil on the rare occasion that it appears. I'd definitely like the ability to skip the roll every time under those circumstances, if only because it just takes time that quickly stacks up, especially if he's used frequently to scout the deck.

I also wouldn't be averse to certain rolls "auto-winning", such as when your character's bonus means that it would be literally impossible to fail the roll. I know some people like to roll anyway, but an option to "auto-win" rolls you can't possibly lose would help speed things along. Rolls it would be literally impossible to succeed at no matter what you do should still have to be rolled, just to rub it in. :devil:

I was thinking about this, and while it can be a bit annoying rolling for checks you automatically win, there are times when you might in such a case still want to pick a different skill to have a chance to fail. Not for recharging spells (as you can't change the skill for those, and if you wanted to not recharge it, you could've just picked discard), but it's not quite so clear cut, I think. And pretty complicated to figure out when auto-win should apply and when it shouldn't.

• Like 1

The concern I have is new players or maybe even some vets might be confused about why they didn't get a roll. Some people are already confused when you encounter a BoTG and it just suddenly appears in your hand. They pause and go "What?" then they read the card.

That being said I'll pass along the suggestions to the team. As always stay Pathy, Finders!

• Like 1

Make it something in options that isn't automatically turned on. Something like "Skip rolling on checks with no chance of failure" initially set to not checked.

That way a new player won't even know about it unless they go out of their way to check that box. Because there's a lot of rolling in this game and definitely after 40+ scenarios I wouldn't mind skipping that darn detect magic recharge check.

• Like 1