So, I am familiar with the idea of resetting your hand, but it seems that I don't always get the option to do so. 

Is this something that I'm supposed to have the option of every turn, or are there certain requirements in place in order to be eligible to reset my hand (I think we played it that you could do it every turn in the board game, but we could have been doing it wrong).  If I should be able to do it every turn, is there a trick to doing it, and if there are requirements, what are they?

Thanks.

If you aren't above your hand size, the "progress" arrow won't let you discard cards when resetting your hand. It will just draw cards if needed. Instead, you can choose the trashcan button at the top of the screen to move right to the "Rest Your Hand" part of ending your turn.

So, in summary:

The "end your turn arrow" will do the following:

1. Apply end of the turn effects.

2. Prompt you discard cards only if over you hand size.

3. Draw cards.

4. Pass the turn.

The "trash can" icon will do the following:

1. Apply end of the turn effects.

2. Prompt you to optionally discard cards.

3. Draw cards.

4. Pass the turn.

If you aren't over your hand size but want to discard cards at the end of your turn (or recharge a magic armor), you must choose the trashcan icon at the top of the screen instead of the arrow to initiate the "end of the turn" part of the turn.

Edited by 269Hawkmoon
  • Like 3

Yes just hitting the progression arrow will skip the reset your hand phase if you don't need to do it. If you have the correct amount of cards in your hand but still want to do card reset, hit the trashcan icon, as the helpful forum ninjas have pointed out, in the top right corner.

Hello, is it possible to set an option to force the "discard" step to occur?  The automation for skipping it is messing me up, especially when it conflicts with other "end of turn" actions for heroes -- if that step is forced you have no option to select the trash hand option.

Example:

- I wanted to recharge "Magic Leather Armour" on Amiri

- Her move option came first

- I declined to move and it immediately jumped to the next hero, there was no option to take any other remaining actions

I think the toggle is the best solution.  For players who just want to move through the turn quickly, let them toggle automation on.  For players who want to take advantage of reset options at end of turn, let them toggle automation off.

• Like 3

For Amiri, don't clicke the "progress" arrow to end your turn. Click the trash can. The order will be this:

1. You'll be asked if you want to use end of the turn powers. You can move it you want.

2. You can discard cards if you want/must.

3. You will draw up to your hand size.

So, it doesn't have to conflict with the end of the turn powers. You just need to make sure you enter the "end your turn" phase via the trash can instead of the arrow.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

How do I recharge the armor in my discard pile?  I hit the trash icon, but see no way to get the armor out of the recharge pile.  I tried dragging the card (after bring up the discard window), I tried clicking on the card.  How does this work.

Yes, I am proficient with the proper armor.

Armor proficiency doesn't mean you can recharge cards from the discard pile. What it generally does is:

- Allow you to bury some armors instead of banishing them when you need to reduce combat damage to 0. You can use the armor again next scenario instead of losing it.

- Allow you to put some pieces of armor in your hand back into your characters deck at the end of your turn. You can optionally discard any number of cards during reset, but with armor proficiency you can cycle unwanted pieces of armor back into your deck instead of discarding them.

• Like 1

For Amiri, don't clicke the "progress" arrow to end your turn. Click the trash can. The order will be this:

1. You'll be asked if you want to use end of the turn powers. You can move it you want.

2. You can discard cards if you want/must.

3. You will draw up to your hand size.

So, it doesn't have to conflict with the end of the turn powers. You just need to make sure you enter the "end your turn" phase via the trash can instead of the arrow.

Perfectly explained, but not explained well in the game nor intuitive.

The simpler evolution of the actual system is:

- if you click the end of turn arrow, you can still tab the trash can (because it is itself an end of turn action)

Trash is the last action intuitively for everyone, so the 'arrows' that moves to the end of the action disabling the trash are obviously confusing for the most. Jumping to the end actions preventing trash is illogical.

The sequence reworked should be:

[normal actions] |-> [trash] -> [end turn]

└-> [arrows] -> [end turn actions] |-> [trash] -> [end turn]                                       (arrows on the side)

|-> [arrows] -> [end turn]

└-> [powers] |-> [trash] -> [end turn]                 (both char/scenario end turn powers)

└-> [arrows] -> [end turn]

In this way [trash] is always the last action as it should be, and [arrows] move from one phase to an other as it should be. Then if a player want a full stop in any phase, [arrows top button] is always active to instantly end the turn. Quite simpler and more intuitive. Game still misses design optimization.

PS I hope you can see the right alignment of the scheme, my browser shows differently spaces in draw box and posted text, so I had to post-edit it..

Edited by RedPred
  • Like 1

Merci, that was not clear to me.

Armor proficiency doesn't mean you can recharge cards from the discard pile. What it generally does is:

- Allow you to bury some armors instead of banishing them when you need to reduce combat damage to 0. You can use the armor again next scenario instead of losing it.
- Allow you to put some pieces of armor in your hand back into your characters deck at the end of your turn. You can optionally discard any number of cards during reset, but with armor proficiency you can cycle unwanted pieces of armor back into your deck instead of discarding them.