Can't continue game (game unplayable)

CrazyDrago

Question

I've had this problem since launch day on my iPad Pro 9.7.  Here's where I'm at:

• I finished the tutorial and stopped for a while.  
  • When I came back, at the main menu, I selected "Continue."
  • I got the message welcoming me to the World Map and telling me that I start with the scenario "Brigandism!"  
  • I click the blue arrow on the right side of the screen and watch a bunch of intro stuff.  
  • When that's all done, I'm at the location map and it says "Drag each character to a starting location." (see pic 1: http://imgur.com/ivRjAFj)
  • Note the very top right of the screen, you can see a character portrait almost off the screen.
  • I can't really drag portraits from the top, but I can from the middle.  Doing that looks like pic 2 (http://imgur.com/RHyY5Cb)
  • Now I have 4 of the two characters at each location.  Also, if this is intended, I can't start the scenario anyway.  So going down this path leaves me stuck and unable to continue.
  • If I instead select "Story" from the main menu, I get what looks like pic 3 (http://imgur.com/lWn3nVv)
  • This is obviously just not right at all.
  • Tapping the "X" does nothing.
  • If I tap the blue arrow icon at the bottom, the game locks up, preventing any further button taps except the "Back"button.  However, once I'm back at the main menu, no other button taps are registered.  The game is completely locked up at this point and the only fix is to force quit the app and restart.  That puts me back to square one, where I can select Continue or Story.
  • Since I've not moved forward in the story at all, "Quest" is unavailable to me.
  • I love this game and always intended on buying the season pass.  I did so thinking that maybe I needed more characters to proceed.  Buying the season pass did not help, apparently.  

Please help.  I am now into this game for $25 and have only been able to play the tutorial :|

5 answers to this question

I have a suggestion.

Try going to Story.  You should see two "columns".  The first is to start a new party.  The second should be your munged-up party of Kyras and Merisiels.  That second column should have an X box up in the upper right to make it go away.  Try clicking that, then tapping the green "play" button at the bottom of the first column.  Build a new group and see if that goes better.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I have a suggestion.

Try going to Story.  You should see two "columns".  The first is to start a new party.  The second should be your munged-up party of Kyras and Merisiels.  That second column should have an X box up in the upper right to make it go away.  Try clicking that, then tapping the green "play" button at the bottom of the first column.  Build a new group and see if that goes better.

As you can see in "pic 3" above, there's no columns in "Story" mode.  Just one thing laid over top of another.  Clicking the "X" does nothing.  Clicking the "play" button at the bottom locks up the game.

If this is your first party, and you don't mind playing the tutorial again, you might try uninstalling and re-installing the app.  It'll kill all your progress, but if that's just a few minutes of banging through the tutorial, it might be worth it.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."