"Bugs" I have encountered

Kgk4569

Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 5.1.1

Treasure chest issue - Cards not appearing in Vault (48 chests down the drain). Better documented here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86533-treasure-chests-not-working-right/

Healing issue - When using Kyra's "Heal" power and revealing Holy Water I have noticed I only heal 1d4 instead of 1d4+1

Escape Cape auto closing - I was playing 0-3 at the Temple Location and encountered a Skeleton henchman (not the second summoned one), I used the Escape Cape to evade it and move location. This caused the location to become closed.

Blessing "issue" - When a non active character supports the active character in combat, and uses a blessing marked "add 2 dice to a non combat STAT check" it will add 2 dice, even though it is a combat check.

Screen lock issue - after a mission when editing the decks, if my screen locks I sometimes can not drag and drop cards. I have to keep locking and unlocking until it works.

Suggestion:

Since a lot of us seem to be playing on phones, which have smaller screens, the text is illegible unless you activate each one with the zoom feature. Could we have an option to have "abbreviated" cards, consisting of the picture with the types (if this was in the same size as the card is now the text would be easier to read), along with icons detailing what dice are used if you were to use the item at that moment. Example: The Deathstrike crossbow +1 used with base Marisel would have a square with an 8 in it (representing a d8) a square with a 12 in it (representing her d12 dex) and a circle with a +1 in it. If she were to encounter an undead it would change to 2 squares with an 8 in each, one with a 12, and a circle with a +1.

Additionally blessings could work the same way to show you which would be the best fit.

8 answers to this question

Suggestion:

Since a lot of us seem to be playing on phones, which have smaller screens, the text is illegible unless you activate each one with the zoom feature. Could we have an option to have "abbreviated" cards, consisting of the picture with the types (if this was in the same size as the card is now the text would be easier to read), along with icons detailing what dice are used if you were to use the item at that moment. Example: The Deathstrike crossbow +1 used with base Marisel would have a square with an 8 in it (representing a d8) a square with a 12 in it (representing her d12 dex) and a circle with a +1 in it. If she were to encounter an undead it would change to 2 squares with an 8 in each, one with a 12, and a circle with a +1.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but the game is not currently supported for phones. I'm sure they'll address the text size issue when/if the game officially adds phone support.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I don't have an exact specific example, I can try to catch it. But it is something like:

Marisel in combat with a crossbow, Kyra plays Blessing of Calistria, 2d12 are added to combat.

(Example taken from looking at a non-combat blessing in my Gallery, not a gameplay example)

In theory this may be correct, as Kyra is technically not in combat, BUT the check itself is for combat....

Well you're right that would be a bug, it doesn't matter what Kyra's doing, she's using it on Merisiels combat check. I've seen other people posting who've been confused about checks like the wisdom check to defeat a Siren, which is a non combat check, so the non combat wisdom blessing would correctly add 2 dice, but this sounds like something different.

I had a related question about blessings, but it's the opposite. My understanding (from playing the physical game) is that if you play a blessing that boosts a core stat, then it should also boost skills based on those. So if you're doing a Ranged combat check and your Ranged ability is based on Dexterity (as it is usually), then it still counts as a Dexterity check.

So if Merisiel is shooting a monster with a crossbow (Dexterity—Ranged) and somebody plays a Blessing of Erastil (add 2 dice to a combat Dexterity check), then you should get to add 2 of Merisiel's Dexterity dice, right? It seems like in the app, it only adds 1 die instead to Ranged.

Or a better example may be using Amiri's Melee skill. If I play a Blessing of Gorum (2 dice to a Combat Strength Check), I'll get 2 dice if I'm fighting using Strength, but only 1 die if I'm using Melee.

Is that intentional?

Okay, I'll try to take a screenshot next time it happens, but when I realized this was happening I tried several times with different encounters and kept getting the same result. Like, I would throw out a blessing, and it would add two dice but change the skill to the base skill. When I switched it back to the skill I wanted to use, it would remove a die.