Help me create Ruck the Dwarf Paladin he has to have great cardio!

Duel Wield is definitely better for this type of build I think for when I am doing damage and not tanking as he is SLOW so the two weapon fighting helps a lot....

I am not sure why I hamstring myself this way but I have always thought of DW is not very Paladinish lmao!!! Of course using a two hander as my damage weapon would be worse dps then DW I am assuming since I am slow. Two Handers are slow making the issue worse. Using a two hander will definitely be better against high DR bosses after they are CCed/debuffed effectively and I can take my shield off for a minute.

I think I am doing to have to break out of shell here. This PoE not D and D dammit! and DW does fit this type of build better.

PS has anyone done the actual math for the Enduring Flames talent how much % of the damage you do is the dot?? That with dot with Tidefall could hurt a lot even against high DR bosses (unless they are fire immune looking at you Adra Dragon)

Well come to think of it Torm, a paladin dwarf is well, not very dwarvish!

To be honest I love dwarves, always have and I REALLY appreciate the fact that in pillars you can have dwarf barbarians, dwarf paladins, dwarf druids.... Its awesome.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Agreed. Well it depends on the setting like you said. The Paladin here is much different then in D and D and a better interpretation imo. A soldier fantastical to a cause. Wether it's good or bad. Love the freedom.

I will say that in Warcraft lore there are also a lot of Dwarf Paladins. It's really just D and D that restricts it. Was that human/Assamir race restriction lifted later on? Or there was never any just the CHA issues the other races had made them bad Paladins.

Ya I am really loving the flavor of this PoE Paladin. I went Bleak Walker because it's the only order I haven't done. So this will be more of a Anti hero/Blackguard/Death Knight (with no undead powers lol) run. He's not going to he just insane evil cause that's not my personal interpretation of Bleak Walkers but he will not hesitate to make sacrifices for personal power as this will help him end the threat (waydwens legacy) quicker as all Bleak Walkers strive to do.

Have gun will travel.

Bad typing and I'm on a phone so I can't edit. What I mean he's not going to a crazy mass murderer as I don't interpret bleak walkers that way. Just a dude who won't hesitate to commit an evil act if it helps him end a threat.

Have gun will travel.

Just one question:

Does this Ruck dude live in a cave infested with spiders and Orc-like creaturs called Darkspawn?

;)

You know what's funny is that I made his name Ruck because it's what I did in the military A LoT many years ago. It's another word for hiking. And when you "Ruck" you need a lot of Constitution.

I'm a big DOA fan and noticed the other day that YA Ruck is also the dwarf you find in the Deep Roads by Orzammar! The name originally was pure coincidence.

I beat DOA like 20 times lmao. So it also stuck once I remembered old Ruck!

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Nowadays Mountan Dwarfs are not useless because OBS put nearly all effects that do corrode damage or cause sickened or weakened into the "Poison" or "Disease" category. Which means that mountain dwarfs now have higher defenses against a lot of very annoying spells and abilities. Think of vessels and such.

In fact, I recently built a mountain dwarf wizard tank with constant 232 defense against poison and disease who also has over 30 DR against corrode damage. What for? He's just standing in the middle of the fight and casts Noxious Burst and Malignant Cloud on himself. :)

Could you post that dwarf wizard tank build?

I'm huge fan of your brilliant builds and i obviously wanna play that wizard build too.

• Like 1