[SEELAH] Inspired Grace BUG

Killyox

Question

Sooo, often when using this to boost my roll it gets messed up.

For example I am using it to add 1d6 towards Cure recharge roll. Suddenly Diffuculty goesto 13 and instead of divine or Cure it says for example Werewolf O_O

Sometimes it also raised rolls like from divine 7 to suddenly divine 12 or 13 just because i added that 1d6 from her Inspired Grace

4 answers to this question

A little more information. It appears that whenever you RECHARGE + INSPIRED GRACE with seelah for SPELLS instead of DIVINE skill check it puts you vs LAST COMBAT check you had (i had 17 vs xanisha to recharge CURE spell lol) while still giving die & bonuses from divine only.

Until this is fixed using inspired grace for spell recharge is very bad

It's a known bug, whenever you use Inspired Grace, the check you're currently attempting changes into the check to acquire/defeat on the top card of the location deck. Most of the time you don't notice it because you're actually doing that very check. But if you use it on a check like Cure recharge, it will actually tell you what the next card in the location deck is, and assume that check. Or if you use it on a "before you act, do X" kind of check, it will turn into the check to defeat of the same card. If there's no card in the location deck left, it'll turn into a "None" check with difficulty 0 and only the bonus d6 from Inspired Grace.

See: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86307-bug-seelahs-inspired-grace-gives-her-visions-of-the-future/

• Like 2

It's a known bug, whenever you use Inspired Grace, the check you're currently attempting changes into the check to acquire/defeat on the top card of the location deck. Most of the time you don't notice it because you're actually doing that very check. But if you use it on a check like Cure recharge, it will actually tell you what the next card in the location deck is, and assume that check. Or if you use it on a "before you act, do X" kind of check, it will turn into the check to defeat of the same card. If there's no card in the location deck left, it'll turn into a "None" check with difficulty 0 and only the bonus d6 from Inspired Grace.

See: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86307-bug-seelahs-inspired-grace-gives-her-visions-of-the-future/

Thanks for the explanation. I've been using it to recharge cure, because I want to keep that in my deck. Only last night that I was paying attention and seeing the future.

Yeah, I used it a lot to recharge Cure, since I played Seelah solo on my first (Normal) playthrough, and at first it just seemed a weird random bug, but it happened often enough that a pattern emerged and I figured out what's really happening. It's still pretty weird (and not the only bug with Inspired Grace, sometimes it draws the card you want to discard into your hand instead but doesn't give you the bonus die), but at least good to know what happens, I guess. ;)