[Gamebreaking] Victory screen bug - game messed

Killyox

Question

So I was playing with Seelah and I noticed I didn't get card feat reward. So I redid some mission I might not have made with her. I made the mission, there's victory screen and and exclamation mark above her head and... No reward, can't progress further, can't go back or anything. I can quit but when coming back it's again victory screen and still can;t do anything. Effectively my save went to hell. Sort of pissed due to how many hours I've invested into it (and bought the bundle)

12 answers to this question

Same exact issue here.  Sajan and Merisel were running some "newbs" through scenarios they had already completed, because I've already beaten the game and wanted to try out some new characters.

Phone: LG V10

Mission: Local Heroes

Completed: 2nd Tier Difficulty

Previously completed with: Sajan, Merisel (in group) Seoni, Kyra (not in group)

Newly completed with: Lini, Amiri

Description:  I cannot get past the victory screen.  I cannot forfeit as I have already won the scenario, and the exclamation points on top of Lini and Amiri don't do anything.  Sajan and Merisel are "blacked out" and selectable but have no exclamation points for rewards.  I've clicked everywhere and tried everything at this point.  The game is locked up - permanently in this state from what I can tell.  Outside of deleting the group, there is no possibility to progress forward.

• Like 1

I *would* agree with you tangyi but they completed all of the base adventure path scenarios as well as 1-1 without any issues, Sajan and Merisel simply didn't get the rewards that Lini and Amiri were getting.  Only in this scenario (1-2) did it crap out.

This occured to me as well, but you can still play the game with all the characters not present in the bugged party - instead of 'continue', choose 'story' in the main menu and make a new party with the old characters. Does not solve the problem, but might be mitigating the damage.

Same exact issue here.  Sajan and Merisel were running some "newbs" through scenarios they had already completed, because I've already beaten the game and wanted to try out some new characters.

Phone: LG V10

Previously completed with: Sajan, Merisel (in group) Seoni, Kyra (not in group)

Newly completed with: Lini, Amiri

Description:  I cannot get past the victory screen.  I cannot forfeit as I have already won the scenario, and the exclamation points on top of Lini and Amiri don't do anything.  Sajan and Merisel are "blacked out" and selectable but have no exclamation points for rewards.  I've clicked everywhere and tried everything at this point.  The game is locked up - permanently in this state from what I can tell.  Outside of deleting the group, there is no possibility to progress forward.

I have the same issue on the same mission on the same difficulty, but only with sajan.

Completed with: Sajan

I've never completed Local Heroes on the second difficulty before, was my first attempt.

Seems like this scenario should be evaded on the higher difficulties, or has this happened to anyone on another scenario as well?

Same problem for me also: I completed the "local hero" scenario with a 6 characters party, but it stuck on the winning page, with all the exclamation points above the heads of each character, but then the reward cards don't appear and there's no way to go on or back.

I started with a different party from the beginning, but with the same exact result.

I think I found a workaround - as far as I understand character management, characters are stored independently from parties. You can just delete the current party, so that the locked characters are freely available, and then build a new party with them. Since the game stores the completed scenario on a character basis, this should also immediately unlock all scenarios on all difficulties you had before.

Try it at your own risk I guess, but I was able to free up my sajan this way and make him into a new party. I replayed local hero on normal difficulty and just moved on like before.

Yup, Local Heroes broke my save file as well. No way to collect the reward or progress to the next screen. I tried Doppelschwert's suggestion but lost all character progress, cards and adventure progress. Now I have to start over from the beginning, so frustrating!

I think I found a workaround - as far as I understand character management, characters are stored independently from parties. You can just delete the current party, so that the locked characters are freely available, and then build a new party with them. Since the game stores the completed scenario on a character basis, this should also immediately unlock all scenarios on all difficulties you had before.

Try it at your own risk I guess, but I was able to free up my sajan this way and make him into a new party. I replayed local hero on normal difficulty and just moved on like before.

Unfortunately, this does not work. I have two parties stranded at this scenario at this time and haven't been able to progress past it once. I deleted a party, put the experienced characters in a new one but still had to start from the first scenario with the others locked.

I'm hoping for a fix. I paid for the full bundle but have not been able to play any further than Local Heroes because the game locked up after it on two seperate occasions. Really disappointed with that because the game is so much fun!

Yup, Local Heroes broke my save file as well. No way to collect the reward or progress to the next screen. I tried Doppelschwert's suggestion but lost all character progress, cards and adventure progress. Now I have to start over from the beginning, so frustrating!

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure your characters are really lost? Did you check the experienced tab at the top to search for your characters when starting a new party?

Unfortunately, this does not work. I have two parties stranded at this scenario at this time and haven't been able to progress past it once. I deleted a party, put the experienced characters in a new one but still had to start from the first scenario with the others locked.

I'm hoping for a fix. I paid for the full bundle but have not been able to play any further than Local Heroes because the game locked up after it on two seperate occasions. Really disappointed with that because the game is so much fun!

I was not claiming that making a new party with your old characters would fix the locking down in general, but rather that you can get those characters back into a game which works, which seems to be the case?

While it's unfortunate that the scenario progress is not carried over, your characters, their unlocked progression and their decks should be, which is, at least imho, the most precious part. I was not actually checking if the scenarios themselves would be unlocked, but I'm sure that on the character tab, the scenarios you completed are still marked correctly.

Sure, it sucks to be forced to replay some scenarios, but it should be easy when your characters advanced a bit already, so I hope my suggestion can mitigate the damage somehow.

I tend to have no problems with scenario 1-2 as long as I stay on normal difficulty.