Hi. Loving the game so far. Have a question, after i play a mission and go to the character screen to fix decks.  I know i have more cards than it says i do. For example, It show me that i have 3 of 2 weapons so i have to remove one to make my deck legal. What happens to the leftover weapons? every time i hit show all at the bottom i cant see any other cards. What am i doing wrong? i even remember one time i did not have enough of something and was stuck or so i thought, then all of a sudden all these extra things showed up for me to pick from somehow? i should have lots of weapons, etc... where are they? I hope im making sense. Thanks.

ok Thanks. I guess i kind of like that as it adds some strategy. But what about if i banish cards during adventure and i dont have enough of certain type to make my deck legal? I am guessing that has happened to me already as i was stuck then it gave me the option to choose from a long line of cards to proceed. Is that what happened? Thanks

• Like 1

ok Thanks. I guess i kind of like that as it adds some strategy. But what about if i banish cards during adventure and i dont have enough of certain type to make my deck legal? I am guessing that has happened to me already as i was stuck then it gave me the option to choose from a long line of cards to proceed. Is that what happened? Thanks

Yup, If you can't make a legal deck out of what was found then you will be able to choose from a set of basic cards.

I actually registered to make this exact question post.  I did the first two scenarios on normal, and first one again on hard.  Had lots of cool different blessings, etc.  But now in deck building it's all back to normal. 

1-So on the bottom of vault I see the 'available' toggle.  Some of them are revealed to me.  Does that just mean it's possible to encounter them in game, vs putting them in my deck at the start?

2-How do I know which cards I have earned for subsequent missions?

3-It took me about 3 hours of playtime before I realized the advantages of a smaller party-how the heck would I have known that otherwise?

4-Why does it say 'Seelah 1' and also 'Seelah' on my top character selection?  Different versions based on earned cards?  How do I toggle to see the differences?

5-What does 'party difficulty tier b' mean on the bottom of character select?

I love the game, I'm just really struggling with the pre-game interface...

Edited by Derpy Muffin

You drag them?

If Merciel hapen to has a cool card that Kyra is better using, you drag that card above Kyra. And so on.

And if you have too few card, you can drag the From the wault to the character that is missing cards. All extra card put back to the wault.

Hmmm.... Maybe we should do "how to" videos for this game, but I have to get Mac somewhere to do it... And a couple of hours time... Duh. Maybe in the summer holiday.

I cannot find how to even add basic cards back into my deck after the adventure... I have been trying for awhile and i am very confused.

You'll only be able to add basic cards in if you have to. The only other time current to add in basic cards is right after you make a fresh party.

After you make a new party at the scenario selection screen (The world map where you choose what scenario you want to play) tap on the icon that has a card with the letter P on it.

At that screen you can edit your deck and swap around basic cards. However after you start your first scenario you will not be able to. You'll only have access to the basic cards when you cannot create a legal deck with what you found during that scenario.

• Like 1

I cannot find how to even add basic cards back into my deck after the adventure... I have been trying for awhile and i am very confused.

If you mean adding other basic cards beyond what you already have in your deck or find in the adventure, the answer is you can't.

Once you start a game and initially set up your decks, all new cards after that come from cards found during adventuring, either from encountering them or getting them as scenario rewards. The only other exception to this is if due to banishing cards during an adventure or acquiring new card slots, you don't have enough cards to fill all the slots in your decks, the game will then let you choose basic cards to fill those open slots.

For example, if you banished a mace from Kyra's hand to close a location but then picked up a dagger during the adventure, even though that's not a particularly great card for Kyra you will have to keep that dagger (although you could give it to another character and give Kyra one of their weapons) but you have to keep the cards you have first and can only add basics if there aren't enough cards of a type available already among all of your characters.

The good news is most basic cards aren't that great anyway (although there are exceptions) so you will be finding cards that are better fairly often and once you've played a couple games you'll have a better feel for which basics you want initially.

Okay so thanks to all you helpful folks some of my questions have been answered.  I'm left with just:

1-So on the bottom of vault I see the 'available' toggle.  Some of them are revealed to me.  Does that just mean it's possible to encounter them in game?

2-It took me about 3 hours of playtime before I realized the advantages of a smaller party-how the heck would I have known that otherwise?

3-Why does it say 'Seelah 1' and also 'Seelah' on my top character selection?  Different versions based on earned cards?  How do I toggle to see the differences between them?

4-What does 'party difficulty tier b' mean on the bottom of character select?

1 - Yes, any card revealed in the Vault should be possible to be encountered in game, assuming you're in an appropriate adventure. For example the deck 1 cards can only be encountered in adventure 1 scenarios or later, not in the first 3 intro (B) scenarios. Cards that are blank with just a ? symbol haven't been unlocked yet so can't be encountered.

2 - Some things in life and games you learn by doing - while they could add more to the tutorial, what you're talking about is more about learning how to play better which just comes from playing and getting better at the game. And a smaller party is not completely better than a larger party. You have more time to do things, but less ability to specialize in having someone good at every skill and less ability to assist with blessings and powers on any particular check.

3 - Not 100% sure but I believe Seelah 1 is a character you already created that you can choose to keep playing and Seelah would be a brand new version. Like if you wanted to play her once and specialize in weapons and put points in hand size and play her again, specializing in spell casting and taking more spell cards.

4 - Unknown but maybe that you chose heroes who are part of the base (B) set vs heroes that came with the character add on pack © ?

3 - Those are different developments (iterations?) of the same character.  Imagine that each time you start a character fresh, you keep a sheet of paper that records their feats and the contents of their decks, and at the end of each scenario, every single card goes back in the vault.  Each sheet is one version of a given character, and it's given a unique name to separate it from all the others.  Whenever you're at the Character Selection screen, if there's a "..." button at the bottom right of the character portrait, one of the options is "Nickname" so you can give them more meaningful (to you) unique names than "Merisiel1".

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

3 - Those are different developments (iterations?) of the same character.  Imagine that each time you start a character fresh, you keep a sheet of paper that records their feats and the contents of their decks, and at the end of each scenario, every single card goes back in the vault.  Each sheet is one version of a given character, and it's given a unique name to separate it from all the others.  Whenever you're at the Character Selection screen, if there's a "..." button at the bottom right of the character portrait, one of the options is "Nickname" so you can give them more meaningful (to you) unique names than "Merisiel1".

Ahhhhhh.....that makes sense.  The game has way more features than it seems at first glance.  Tutorial needs to be bigger ;)

So it seems weird to me that I deleted my party, started over, but I still have more than one version of some of the characters.   *shrug*

The only downside to adding/removing characters between scenarios is that some of them might have some relatively weak cards in their deck if I haven't used them much, correct?

Edited by Derpy Muffin

So what happens to cards held in other character decks? I noticed when I was trying to add a 4th cure to my party's overall spell library that it didn't exist in the basic set of cards (I had added spells as card feats and didn't pick any up that scenario). I found them later in other character decks (as I had a few deaths) but it kinda implied that a bunch of cards were locked out of the vault from the beginning, namely all the starting deck cards. Does this also mean that if Seoni has all copies of Haste in her deck, and I swap her out of the party that I can no longer access a haste spell in my new party setup? If that's the case could you effectively cheese out the useless basic cards by creating characters (Valeros) that hold all the less useful short swords and armors and botgs so you can encounter higher tier loot more often?

If a character has all instances of a card in their deck you will not encounter that card while that character is in that party.

For your example if you load up Valeros with max count of some stinker weapons (I'm looking at you shortsword) and slot him into a party, when you play that party you will not run across those stinker weapons. However you keep in mind, you now have a Valeros in your party with trash weapons. Which means winning scenarios is going to be a bit tougher.

If a character has all instances of a card in their deck you will not encounter that card while that character is in that party.

For your example if you load up Valeros with max count of some stinker weapons (I'm looking at you shortsword) and slot him into a party, when you play that party you will not run across those stinker weapons. However you keep in mind, you now have a Valeros in your party with trash weapons. Which means winning scenarios is going to be a bit tougher.

In Quest mode, what happens if you combine characters into an invalid party config?  I'd experiment but I'm loath to play the mode right now with the turn issues, but I've always wondered how this is handled with the less structured nature of quest mode.

Edit:  Never Mind, played around with it myself.  Looks like quest mode let's you do all sorts of invalid things, and you can have a character with 6 copies of one spell etc. as long as you never pull out of the box to do so.  You can load up 2 characters in two parties with all copies of a card, and then put them into one party, and trade them across.

I foresee bugs...

Edited by ArchSenex
  • Like 1

2. Larger parties have less time, but have more options.

3. You have two Seelahs you can tap one of them then tap the "..." button (located on her character art) to expand some options for her such as deleting her, looking at her deck and renaming her to something else.

4. Tier is used in Quest Mode and it lets you know what difficulty level your party is in. It is just carried over from Quest Mode to Story Mode but it lets you know the relative strength of your party.

Okay then are there only 3 cures in the card pool? I was sure there were more in my physical box, but none showed up when I was choosing a new spell to add from the basic trait cards when I added 2 spell feats. (which I found more later in the starting decks of characters I hadn't chosen)

Also,what happens when I swap out my Seoni with all the haste cards with someone else, encounter a new haste thanks to it being added back to the card pool, and then swap her back in later? I assume it means the party is now short a spell and has the option to pick from the basic traits to replace it.

Okay then are there only 3 cures in the card pool? I was sure there were more in my physical box, but none showed up when I was choosing a new spell to add from the basic trait cards when I added 2 spell feats. (which I found more later in the starting decks of characters I hadn't chosen)

Also,what happens when I swap out my Seoni with all the haste cards with someone else, encounter a new haste thanks to it being added back to the card pool, and then swap her back in later? I assume it means the party is now short a spell and has the option to pick from the basic traits to replace it.

In the base box there are 3 cures, but the character expansion deck adds at least 1 more. Did you buy the season pass, if you did you should have access the the character expansion deck, deck C, check your gallery on the home screen.

In the base box there are 3 cures, but the character expansion deck adds at least 1 more. Did you buy the season pass, if you did you should have access the the character expansion deck, deck C, check your gallery on the home screen.

I did indeed purchase the season pass. Huge fan of the physical version so I bought it after the tutorial. I believe it was after adding Lem to my party I saw a 4th cure in his deck. Can't say for sure until I go home though.

When I started a game of the four characters who start with Divine skill, there were enough Cures for each of them to have at least one.  My fiancée would have to give me access to my tablet (which, to be fair, is at home, while I am at work) to see how many I ended up taking.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

If you have a Seoni that has all the haste cards and remove her from that party. That party can now continue to find haste cards. You can then swap her back in and have 4 haste cards.