Help on Characters' Weapons & Armors

Hi, I'm totally new to Pathfinder, so hope the experts here can guide me along.

May I know where can I find a guide or list of the weapons & armors that the characters can equip? Or there isn't any restriction on the weapons that any character can use? For instance, can the ranger use Swords, Maces, etc found in the scenarios other than the bows?

Thanks for your help, cheers!

Everyone can use every single weapon/armor in the game. The limiting factor is just the base number in each characters deck and even that can be evaded by getting the cards during a scenario.

HOWEVER!

More difficult to use weapons (Bows, Swords, Spiked Chains and so on) will give you a -4 penalty to all checks unless you are proficient with weapons. Being proficient with weapons/armors also allows you to use your items better (like burying an armor to negate damage instead of banishing it).

Also, be sure to check each weapons description on wheather it uses strength or dexterity for the check. Usually, melee weapons use strength and ranged weapons use dex.

• Like 1

Does being proficiente with weapon, means the BOW check in each character card?

Also, is that bow check merely a symbol for being proficient with WEAPONS in general, or there are other icons, like swords and blunts?

Yes, the bow check shows your weapon proficiency. It applies to all weapons (if you look at it, it's even crossed with a sword).

As far as I know, you are either proficient with all weapons or no weapons - though you still can use many simple weapons like maces and bows without problems if you aren't proficient.

• Like 1

Yes, it's pretty nice and helpful. I'd definitely get it for characters like Kyra and Merisiel who are decent in combat but might be limited by weapon choice, especially later when you get better magic weapons. Though it's probably not worth it for characters who don't have (m)any weapons to begin with (Lem, Lini).

• Like 1

You can see all weapons and other cards in the wault. Check them out so you will see what is good and what is not.

You can find the profiency in the character power section.

-4 is huge in this game so read wery carefully what the weapons says about weapon profiency. Bot Kyra AMD Merciel can get that weapon profiency and in most cases it is a worth of in to get them.

Some weapons Are based on the strength and some to the dexterity so it is always wise to see what skill is better with the character!

So that he/she is using his/her best atributes in the combat.

• Like 1