On release I saw someone tweet, "I know the game is authentic because I just rolled a 1 on a d12 against a villain."

My way of knowing it's authentic is that my cure spells keep rolling minimum.

Kyra died on Legendary, Blackfang's Lair. My wildcards meant whenever I acquired, well, anything, I had to bury a card. So finding a blessing in the shrine of Lamashtu meant two cards in damage, followed by burying something. I'd beaten him once, had him cornered, then flew the fortitude save, taking max damage. Followed by failing combat. Not enough cards to draw back up, so good night Kyra.

Merisiel stepped up, closing her location, then finding Blackfang (last open location). Amulet of fortitude got her past the breath, and she was able to gather enough dice to put the dragon down.

Dying?

Play a cure!

Roll 1.

#Pathfinder

At least you get the +1 and an attempt to recharge for a grand total of 3 cards!

Unless the cure bug happens, then only 2.

Dying?

Banish your Healing Potion.

Roll 1.

#Pathfinder.

• Like 1

Dying?

Play a cure!

Roll 1.

#Pathfinder

At least you get the +1 and an attempt to recharge for a grand total of 3 cards!

Unless the cure bug happens, then only 2.

Dying?

Banish your Healing Potion.

Roll 1.

#Pathfinder.

Maybe, I ignore healing potions so I don't know if it extends to it too.

That whole session was brutal.  Easy rolls were failed unusually often.  Difficult rolls were also failed (by 1, often enough that I suspected a sentience at work) typically often.  The copious d4s rolled for healing came up 1s WAY more than a quarter (or even three quarters) of the time.

Where is that lucky rock when you need it.

That whole session was brutal.  Easy rolls were failed unusually often.  Difficult rolls were also failed (by 1, often enough that I suspected a sentience at work) typically often.  The copious d4s rolled for healing came up 1s WAY more than a quarter (or even three quarters) of the time.

Where is that lucky rock when you need it.

You threw it away because you thought you would never need it! :D

I dropped it for the codex, cause paper beats rock.

And then Valeros kicks down the door to the Tavern! In his hands he holds a comically large pair of scissors he found from some goblins. The Scissors are huge but crude.He glances around the room and his eyes lock with yours. He scowls as he spots the codex laying on the table next to your mead.  Suddenly Valeros busts into a flurry of motion as he sprints over to your table; Without saying a word he brandishes his large Horseclippers +1 and places the codex between the blades. He muscles bulge and the veins stand out like roots of a tree in his arms. After a few seconds of pressure the blades meet and the codex is cleaved in two! He tosses the scissors and codex on the floor pivots about and heads towards the door.

As he opens the door to the tavern, a chill October wind rustles his hair and flickers the candles at the tables. He turns his head slightly and glances over his shoulder; A small grin playing across his face. He whips out his "Light of Sarenrae Dimmers" that he won from Balazar, after a night of heavy drinking, and places them over his eyes. As he adjusts them further up the bridge of his nose with his index finger they catch a glimmer of light from the fireplace and the dark glass lenses sparkle. He walks out into the night...

TLDR Scissors beat paper.

• Like 2

You know you are now obligated to make a promo called "Horseclippers +1"

Two Handed

Magic

Elite

Does 2d8 +1 worth of damage.

For every 1 rolled while weilding Horseclippers discard 1d4 cards, unless you bury an item with Stone in the name.

And then Valeros kicks down the door to the Tavern! In his hands he holds a comically large pair of scissors he found from some goblins. The Scissors are huge but crude.He glances around the room and his eyes lock with yours. He scowls as he spots the codex laying on the table next to your mead.  Suddenly Valeros busts into a flurry of motion as he sprints over to your table; Without saying a word he brandishes his large Horseclippers +1 and places the codex between the blades. He muscles bulge and the veins stand out like roots of a tree in his arms. After a few seconds of pressure the blades meet and the codex is cleaved in two! He tosses the scissors and codex on the floor pivots about and heads towards the door.

As he opens the door to the tavern, a chill October wind rustles his hair and flickers the candles at the tables. He turns his head slightly and glances over his shoulder; A small grin playing across his face. He whips out his "Light of Sarenrae Dimmers" that he won from Balazar, after a night of heavy drinking, and places them over his eyes. As he adjusts them further up the bridge of his nose with his index finger they catch a glimmer of light from the fireplace and the dark glass lenses sparkle. He walks out into the night...

...where he trips over the discarded Luck Stone and impales himself on his on Horseclippers.

Rock beats Scissors.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

...where he trips over the discarded Luck Stone and impales himself on his on Horseclippers.

Rock beats Scissors.

Oooooooo

If I wasn't busy working...

Goblins eat and Goblins burn!

My first total defeat ever in the Pathfinder adventures. RIP!

Approachin thirsletop. Legendary mode, with a party that has only plaeyd legendary mode. So no grinding. Only defeat by time in Local heroes ones.

Now we have. Darkest Night: banes +3, Goblins +2d4 and Night approaches : discard blessings ! Joy Ride :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68j4qnrr7t5p1dd/Photo%206.5.2016%209.29.08.png?dl=0

Are Goblins bigger than normal today?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki2l5kv4h6ovt9v/Photo%206.5.2016%209.31.09.png?dl=0

Och no more mutant Goblins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf9ijzj69ne71za/Photo%206.5.2016%209.32.32.png?dl=0

There can not be more of these...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fu9jqemdouncvs/Photo%206.5.2016%209.35.16.png?dl=0

That one was small...

Maybe They Are becoming weaker?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omdtumuio4lftpl/Photo%206.5.2016%209.38.13.png?dl=0

Well maybe not... What an earth have They been eating?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/too1o3a2qvbcjdi/Photo%206.5.2016%209.41.34.png?dl=0

Give me some peace, please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zun94jtfzjn1ee6/Photo%206.5.2016%209.44.16.png?dl=0

Yeah... Great...

Lini is feeling a Little weak...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rx026hg2nppens/Photo%206.5.2016%209.47.05.png?dl=0

And so on... It was a total annihilation...

That was Great! ;-)

The smallest Goblin was 17 and there was guite Many of 21 difficulty mutant Goblins... Yes I lost, but it was fun... I will never ever talk bad about Goblins any more! They Are much more meaner and tougher than people normally give gredits.

This scenario could be possible with full grinded party but o boy, without that it was refreshing!

I managed to close one location by using all possible blessings and boost that I just managed to gather.

I hope that you enjoy the Ride, and may the mighty D4 be more mercifull to your soul!

Ps. The second run without that darkest Night power was cake run! Some combinations just Are harder than others...

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

Runelords difficultu curve works that way.

Each adventure has its own curve. The last scenario is suposed to be the hardest. (End boss)

The whole adventure in going to be cake walk untill the mid 5 adventure. From there it will be upphill...

Last 2-3 From adventure level 6 Are challenging... (The final boss fight From the Classic games)

So it is a series of minor steepening up hills From the difficulty point of view.

So don't be too conserned that the legendary seems to be too easy. It works as it suposed to work. Not a bug!

:-)

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

You would think that the d12 has other sides other than 1.

Spoiler alert.

It doesn't.

Villain appears, try to close Academy with Seoni wildcard +1 to all checks (arcane 7, d12 +4) -> 1

Villain appears, try to close Academy with Seoni, wildcard +1 to all checks, use blessing (arcane 7, 2d12 + 4) -> 1, 1

Ragequit. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno if this is Worst, per se, but I'm not lookin' forward to it.  First run through AD3 on legendary, just started Fort In Peril.

post-47328-0-51527600-1465226469_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I dunno if this is Worst, per se, but I'm not lookin' forward to it.  First run through AD3 on legendary, just started Fort In Peril.

attachicon.gifWorst Luck.jpg

Good Luck! Look on the bright side, at least it isn't vs Barl!

As it happens, I left the game running 'til the recent update came out, and so I quit and updated.  Never actually started, so now I have 5 fewer blessings, and I'm gonna have to bury a card if I take damage.