In my physical playthrough of wrath of the righteous, i am playing a 2-person game with a friend, myself playing as kyra, and my friend playing as a ranger from the class set (forgot the name of the half-orc ranger).

Anyway, for some reason, every time the demonic horde was encountered, the dice decided that the healer must always try to defeat both of the enemies.

I did manage to defeat them most of the time by myself while the more combat orientated character just sat on the sidelines and watched.

If I remember correctly, one time through the power of Ranzak and luck, we won an entire scenario... before I had my turn. (Alternately, I had one turn, and it was something horrible like failing to acquire something and then having no way to explore again. Barely a turn at all.)

I how about "Best Luck": 2 turn win (thanks to a bug) in 1-3

Kyra - Using blessings explore 3 times, find 2 blessings and a Skeleton henchman, kill, kill second, close with check. Use Stride to move to next location, use 1 blessing, end turn, draw blessing.

Merisel - explore 2 times using blessing, encounter skeleton, use evade/move cloak thing because I want to farm the item location, move to the last remaining location, previous location closes automatically (BUG). Explore again and find dragon, use Light Cross bow, discard for Sneak attack, and one of Kyra's blessings to kill Dragon.

Way back years ago when we first started creating this game I had only implemented a small handful of cards. Of course we were playing with full location decks so every location featured the same cards. One of the only barrier cards that we had was Skeleton Horde. During testing, I had to fight so many of those foul things. I still hate encountering that evil card today!

For a brief while the Heroic Power at Blackfang's Dungeon was:

When you encounter a monster with the Undead trait, each character must summon and encounter an Ancient Skeleton Henchman.

Let me tell you there are a LOT of monsters in deck B that have the Undead trait. Turning each one into a Skeleton Horde wore your party down real quick.

It is still that. I farm it on legendary for items, weapons, and gold before branching out.

Way back years ago when we first started creating this game I had only implemented a small handful of cards. Of course we were playing with full location decks so every location featured the same cards. One of the only barrier cards that we had was Skeleton Horde. During testing, I had to fight so many of those foul things. I still hate encountering that evil card today!

When you encounter a monster with the Undead trait, each character AT ANY LOCATION must summon and encounter an Ancient Skeleton Henchman.

Let me tell you there are a LOT of monsters in deck B that have the Undead trait. Turning each one into a Skeleton Horde wore your party down real quick.

It is still that. I farm it on legendary for items, weapons, and gold before branching out.

Text added and bold for emphasis.

When you encounter a monster with the Undead trait, each character AT ANY LOCATION must summon and encounter an Ancient Skeleton Henchman.

Text added and bold for emphasis.
Oh wow, yeah big difference! That would be fun!

My emotional impression is so very different from this.  Seoni rolled a 1 on two successive d12 rolls.  Twice in a scenario I lost combats by rolling a 5 on three non-d4 dice.  I really feel like terrible rolls happen far more frequently than they do in real life.

But, I admit I never play so many scenarios at once with the card game, and I tend to remember the bad rolls and forget the good ones.

I can promise you, sadly, that outside of the T.utorial there is no skewing ofthe dice

• Like 1

My emotional impression is so very different from this.  Seoni rolled a 1 on two successive d12 rolls.  Twice in a scenario I lost combats by rolling a 5 on three non-d4 dice.  I really feel like terrible rolls happen far more frequently than they do in real life.

But, I admit I never play so many scenarios at once with the card game, and I tend to remember the bad rolls and forget the good ones.

I can promise you, sadly, that outside of the T.utorial there is no skewing ofthe dice

I can confirm we're not skewing them, at several points in time I have had to physically go into the editor and check to make sure nothing was somehow spilling over that could cause it.  There has been at least one incident where Stormbringer's usually consistent terrible rolling was a good test case and then some how he rolled a different kind of terrible when I needed the other way...

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

Heal power using Holy Water is off, it is 1d4 instead of 1d4+1. That is the only "broken" thing I have noticed with the rolling.

I admit, sometimes it does feel broken, but other times it seems broken in the opposite way, I will roll high on every dice. I just rolled a 49 to kill Black Fang using 1d8, 3d12, 2d6, all dice were in the upper range (7, 12, 11, 9, 6, 4 respectively).

I can confirm we're not skewing them, at several points in time I have had to physically go into the editor and check to make sure nothing was somehow spilling over that could cause it.  There has been at least one incident where Stormbringer's usually consistent terrible rolling was a good test case and then some how he rolled a different kind of terrible when I needed the other way...

*tinfoil hat* that's what you would say when you secretly skew the dice!

Besides, I think normal rolls are fine.

My suspicion is purely on that guy "roll 1d6, on a 1 or 2 the result does not matter, redo combat with whatever you have left"

Heal power using Holy Water is off, it is 1d4 instead of 1d4+1. That is the only "broken" thing I have noticed with the rolling.

I admit, sometimes it does feel broken, but other times it seems broken in the opposite way, I will roll high on every dice. I just rolled a 49 to kill Black Fang using 1d8, 3d12, 2d6, all dice were in the upper range (7, 12, 11, 9, 6, 4 respectively).

That's more of a potential bug than the MAN sticking it to us with their skewed die rolls.  Yeah, like we believe you suits when you tell us there's no shady business going on!  :D

I notice some weird glitches from time to time. Nothing bad enough to get me to bother posting about it so far.  Some of them I'm sure were just little rules things that escaped me, although a couple were clearly glitches.  I figure the same guy who skewed the dice rolls also decided to throw in tiny glitches every now and then just in case my luck was getting the better of the crooked RNG.

• Like 1

How worst stupidity stories?  I've had two people die on me.  Harsk once and Merisiel once.  Neither of them need have died, but at least I can say about Harsk I was disgruntled and acted hastily.  It's a terrible excuse to lose someone, but at least there's some underlying reason.  Merisiel I just wasn't paying attention, which in my mind is far worse.

Anyhow, permadeath isn't on right now, so they weren't permanently dead.  I haven't had a tremendous amount of time to play, but I've played the app enough that there just isn't any good reason to lose folks.  Now, I will say this, in the card game, I never lose track of how many cards any of us have, mine or the other players because OCD takes over and I count everyone's deck all the time.  In the app, even though you just have to look, for some reason I don't habitually keep track.

The happy ending is, after losing Merisiel in the, whatever, crow one I think.  It's the one with the long tongued undead dude.  Well, after losing her and the scenario, I replayed and closed three locations in the first three turns.  It was all gravy after that.  Hey, I'm not the Pathfinder Paragon, more like Steve Sixpack, so I'll take whatever best luck scenarios I can get.  I won't have cause to brag about any of my exploits, you can be sure.

• Like 1

Just loaded the game back up the same save, and it seems that it saved right after resolving the first encounter of the five since it asked me if i wanted to recharge my spell. I still had to do the check on the villan, but it rolled high for me this time.

Looks like we made up :D

• Like 1

I've been certain the digital game is giving an unrealistic number of low rolls, which I never encounter playing the card game.

Tonight I played the card game with my group and in a single scenario we hit the following:

Against a Combat 9 check:  rolled 3d8+4 for a 7

Against a closing Con/Fort 6 check:  rolled 3d6+1 for a 5

Against a closing Wisdom 5 check: rolled 2d8+d6 for  a 4

I guess you never can tell.

It's circumstantial evidence.

You remember the bad rolls, you forget the good ones.

Just like ERs saying that things are worse on a full moon. They aren't. There is empirical, numerical evidence that the moon phase doesn't matter. But, you remember that day because it is a Full Moon. And because people expect there to be more on a full moon.

Keep track of a full scenario rolls.

• Like 1

Playing Approach to Thistletop on Heroic mode.  All monsters with the Goblin trait add 2d4 to their difficulty.  Wildcard: Darkest Night.  All banes have their difficulty to defeat increased by 3.  Gogmurt showed up early at the Goblin Fortress (so that's 2d4+5 per check), maxed his fire damage, and cleaned the remainder of Merisiel's hand before she could even think about backstabbing.

That whole session was brutal.  Easy rolls were failed unusually often.  Difficult rolls were also failed (by 1, often enough that I suspected a sentience at work) typically often.  The copious d4s rolled for healing came up 1s WAY more than a quarter (or even three quarters) of the time.

On the upside, nobody died when I timed out, but I'm not sure I manged to close a location.  My roommate and fiancee were amused by my shouting and swearing.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

D4s just hate me in general, even IRL. Whenever I roll Kyra's heal I roll a 1 probably 80% of the time. I do it with physical dice too.

Knock on wood, but I didn't have this problem when fighting the 2-1 boss on three different playthroughs.

D4s just hate me in general, even IRL. Whenever I roll Kyra's heal I roll a 1 probably 80% of the time. I do it with physical dice too.

Knock on wood, but I didn't have this problem when fighting the 2-1 boss on three different playthroughs.