Amulet of Mighty Fists and Sage's Journal

CovertDad

Question

If I play Amulet of Mighty Fists on a combat check, the game will not allow me to use Sage's Journal against a Henchman or Villain, even though the only restriction on Amulet of Mighty Fists is no weapons or spells with the Attack trait.

4 answers to this question

If I play Amulet of Mighty Fists on a combat check, the game will not allow me to use Sage's Journal against a Henchman or Villain, even though the only restriction on Amulet of Mighty Fists is no weapons or spells with the Attack trait.

They are both items. You can only play one card from any type per check. So if you chose to play the Journal it will also not allow you to play the Amulet. This is why in later adventures you will come across items (Belts of Dexterity, or Giant Strength) that expressly state "You may play another item on this check".

• Like 3

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

They are both items. You can only play one card from any type per check. So if you chose to play the Journal it will also not allow you to play the Amulet. This is why in later adventures you will come across items (Belts of Dexterity, or Giant Strength) that expressly state "You may play another item on this check".

D'oh!  I completely missed this point for several years now in the tabletop version.  :-(