Multiple characters encounter a bane in the same location

jtdfan

Question

If 2 characters are in the same location and the first person to encounter a bane fails, the other character is supposed to be able to encounter the bane. Is that possible?

Example

Lem and Valeros are in the same location.

Lem loses to Bandit Henchman.

Valeros should get a shot at the Bandit before he is shuffled in.

Is that possible? How do you do it?

9 answers to this question

Right, as Hannibal said, the rules (of both the physical game and the app) don't allow for that. Unless you have a card or power that allows you to pass the encounter off to someone else, the character that encounters it has to be the one to deal with it. And if they fail, boons are banished and banes are shuffled back in.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. 

The terminology for multiple characters at a location being able to make any check on a multiple check card as long as the character encountering the card makes at least one check lead us to believe that the character encountering a bane must make the check and if they fail that check, another character can attempt it.

Thank you again.

There is indeed a rule allowing several characters to each roll a check, but it's only when you encounter a bane that has multiple checks, and by multiple I do not mean that you have a choice of different skills, but of needing to make several checks (instead of a "or" beetween the checks, you have a "then").

I think that the only cases in the Rise of the Runelords are on some Villains.

From memory the first one that you will encounter in the game is this boss in Burnt offerings  : http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/pathfinder-adventure-card-game-ripnugget-and-stickfoot-438x600.jpg

There are a couple of henchmen too, but it is mostly villains.

on my air pro 2 , this does not happen, ripnugget  has two separate combats and nothing I did would allow the other character at that location to perform one of the checks.