Should I be able to select cards for my characters?

Tobold

Question

I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or a feature: What is the big button in the lower right corner of the world map showing a dropping Pathfinder card supposed to do? For me it just opens the list of cards for my characters in the party, whether they are new or experienced, but doesn't allow me to do any sort of selection. The lower row is empty and even pressing View All doesn't show any cards there.

Is this a bug? Should I be able to select at least the starting cards for a new team with that button? Or is it really just for viewing?

8 answers to this question

Hey there.

Yes, you definitely should be able to select the cards in the starting decks of your selected characters.

After you have selected your characters at the beginning of a game and you are taken to the map, the button on the right showing a dropping Pathfinder card, should take you to a screen that looks like this:

13285d02d7e1ddea6c0edac453d7da4c.jpg

If you cannot access this screen, then unfortunately it sounds like a bug.

Thanks

It seems the problem is that I already completed Brigandoom with other characters. I was making a "new group" by simply swapping characters out. Now I went back to main screen, choose Story, and a new group and I do see cards in the lower row. However, I only see the basic cards there, not the ones I got from treasure chests.

Treasure chest cards and cards added when you enter a new adventure (For example once you start Burnt Offerings that will add more cards to the card pool) are not cards that you get to immediately add to decks. They just become available as options when the location decks are randomly created at the beginning of the scenario for you to try to acquire and improve your characters' decks over the course of the game. If you could just have all the good stuff at the beginning, then encountering boons during an adventure would be pretty pointless.

But as the previous person said, you can do some optimizing at the beginning, you can only choose basic cards though. For example, I like to add more Cure spells to Kyra's deck and swap out Merisiel's weapons for light crossbows, which I personally prefer over darts and daggers. Oh and Thieves Tools. Give me all the Thieves Tools!

• Like 1