Basic cards from Chest not available in deck creation

Dunesparrow

Question

Hey there.

iPad Air2

iOS 9.3.1

I have purchased some chests.

In these chests, I received some B deck cards that are Basic: Fox and Dilettante.

I started a new quest and selected 3 characters:

Seelah

Seoni

Mersiel

When I went to construct my decks, I expected that the Basic B deck cards I had acquired through chests would be available to use, but they were not.

I then checked the Vault and the Basic B deck cards are still there.

Please confirm if this a bug or if this is working as intended.

Thanks

Edited by Dunesparrow

11 answers to this question

If I remember correctly, the Fox doesn't have the BASIC trait, and so shouldn't the Dilettante.

B Deck doesn't mean it is a basic card, it just means it come from the Base game (perils of the Lost Coast adventure, not Burnt Offerings, not Skinsaw Murders, not any other Adventure deck and not Character Add-on Deck).

For the card to be available in creating new decks, it must have the word BASIC written in its traits.

Like the Crow: it's an Ally card from the Base deck and it has the ANIMAL and BASIC trait or the dagger, which is a weapon from the base deck and it has the KNIFE, RANGED, PIERCING and BASIC traits, while the magic shield, though also coming from the base deck, doesn't have the BASIC trait and you can't put it in a starting deck.

• Like 1

Hey there.

Thank you for the response and the clarification.  

Here are some photos of Fox and Dilettante:

4e6afe6c8a641f7e2d82913598d8a3e8.jpg

e83fcbafba269fa9fc009eacae1ee6b2.jpg

As we can see, both of these cards have the Basic trait.

Thanks

Thank you for the screenshots. Apparently those are promo cards, as I don't have them in my boxed game, so I was unable to check the physical card.

Seems like a bug :/

• Like 1

This game handles things a Little bit different way than the real game, so it may be that this is intentional. There is not basic promo cards in the real game, so there is not any rules to this.

The rules says that you add promo cards to the box when you start the correct adventure path. And that character can consider promos that have character own Name as a basic card to that character.

So I would assume that this is a "bug" but it Also may be as intended. Even though it is not the same as in the physical game.

• Like 1

These aren't "Promo" cards, per se.  They just aren't typically in the RotR set.  The Fox is from the next set, Skull and Shackles and has shown up in several Class Decks (Bard, Ranger, and Wizard).  The Dilettante has only ever appeared, to my knowledge, in the Bard Class Deck.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Hey there.

Thanks for all your efforts on fixing bugs and getting AD3 ready for release, I can't wait to smash them Orges and drown in the flood :)

Could you advise if the issue of adding Basic cards acquired from chests, will be addressed in the next one or two patches

Thanks

If the cards say Basic and it is a deck B card you should be allowed to add them into your deck before you start play, as the rules stand. Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into it.

Abit OT but how do you edit the starting deck right off the bat before game start? I'm not aware that this is possible

At the Scenario-selection screen, there are two buttons on the lower right.  One shows a humanoid outline and will allow you to look at your party's character "sheets".  The other is a deck of cards, with one standing upright that has a stylized P on the back(/face).  This will let you edit decks.  If you're running all New characters, then you should have access to all the B (and C, if you've purchased the Character Add-on Deck) Basic cards to swap in and out.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Hey there.

I have certainly had the opportunity to add cards like Fox and Dilettante to my deck at the end of Scenarios, but I have yet to be able to use them at the very beginning of a game.  

Thanks